Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

oh so close....

i got decile 9, sufficiency 2.....

i dunno, i would maybe chance the appeal in ur circumstances!!!

Sorry to ask but I got decile 6, sufficiency 0, would it be worth the appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Szewinska

costacurta wrote: »

at suff 0 def worth it. i got 1 and 8 dec but think it has be a zero suff to have chance appeal.

Szewinska wrote: »

at suff 0 def worth it. i got 1 and 8 dec but think it has be a zero suff to have chance appeal.

Sorry to ask another question, the appeal is solely a clerical recheck isn't it?

What would anyone hazard a guess at the % that change on recheck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

There's no actual appeal this year ie. you can't get your exam regraded. The only option is to get a clerical recheck for €30 and I'd be very surprised if that was successful for anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SashaH

I'm totally torn.

I am on the border between choosing ACCA and CPA. I just cant wait til next year, especially when i read horror stories of resitting the FAE multiple times...:eek:

So far CPA have responded to me and I'm waiting on ACCA. CPA exams in april/august is a major pro for me. the thoughts of having a summer holiday :) My wedding is in the not too distant future and I would just love to be qualified before I become bridezilla :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 SJay

Apparently theres about a 5% success rate with the appeals....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 suggested username

Apparently theres about a 5% success rate with the appeals....

Where did you hear about this 5% success rate in appeals?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SashaH

I heard through the grapevine that it is less than this. It would simply be a re read to ensure nothing was left unmarked rather than reviewing the content written...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lar05

thats crazy, it says if you get suff 0 you pass!! how could you possibly fail with that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 C1987

I passed my audit elective, and failed my core on IMP - sickening!! Got a suff of 0 and decile rank of 7, think I will appeal it for the sake of it, they don't offer the remark service anymore (which is a shock as they usually try and get whatever money they can!!) just an appeal based on special circumstances or a clerical re check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭AB6891

That's very unlucky not to pass considering you were in the 60-70% range on the decile ranking and there was a 73% pass rate if I remember correctly.

Borderline papers are generally re-checked I believe so appeal may be in vein but its worth a try for the €30 I'd say.

I failed on IMP myself, painful stuff!

lar05 wrote: »
    thats crazy, it says if you get suff 0 you pass!! how could you possibly fail with that!!

I got a red in business leadership. Still thinking of whether to get a clerical recheck or not. I must have missed a couple of BL indicators or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

I got decile 8, sufficiency 1 in elective, i dont think the recheck will make a difference by its not too expensive so for peace of mind im gona go ahead with it! has any1 else sent for a clerical recheck? did u email or post the application and where did you send it to?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

I got decile 8, sufficiency 1 in elective, i dont think the recheck will make a difference by its not too expensive so for peace of mind im gona go ahead with it! has any1 else sent for a clerical recheck? did u email or post the application and where did you send it to?

We have to email it to studentqueries@charteredaccountants.ie, no option to post

AB6891 wrote: »
    That's very unlucky not to pass considering you were in the 60-70% range on the decile ranking and there was a 73% pass rate if I remember correctly.

Borderline papers are generally re-checked I believe so appeal may be in vein but its worth a try for the €30 I'd say.

I failed on IMP myself, painful stuff!

Failed on IMP too, torture

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

I'd be very curious to get a breakdown of:

% fails due to sufficiency
    % fails due to depth
    % fails due to breadth
    =100%.

Our introductory lectures certainly gave me the impression that fails on the breadth test were rare, but this thread isn't bearing that out. I'd love to know if this is actually true, if there's a year-on-year change, and to what extent IMP is at fault given that the standard jumped so much this year. (Thanks again, Paul Monahan, for predicting that!)

WeeDeee wrote: »
    We have to email it to studentqueries@charteredaccountants.ie, no option to post

did u have to scan the completed form or is there any way of filling it out online and then emailing it ??

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

When's the deadline for deciding what to do?

The Board Report will help a lot (published 5 December for 2011).

Unless some deadline has passed!

did u have to scan the completed form or is there any way of filling it out online and then emailing it ??

Havent done it yet, but yes scan it and email it

When's the deadline for deciding what to do?

The Board Report will help a lot (published 5 December for 2011).

Unless some deadline has passed!

This friday the 30th

• Advertisement

have no way of scanning it so i'll just have to post it and hope for the best ! im sure they'll accept it if im paying!!..

I got a red in business leadership. Still thinking of whether to get a clerical recheck or not. I must have missed a couple of BL indicators or something.

I'd say your money would be better spent on getting a tutorial report to see where you went wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SJay

I heard it from someone in work.... no idea how true it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭lala1987

what do you mean by'appeal' do you mean get a recheck?

lala1987 wrote: »
    what do you mean by'appeal' do you mean get a recheck?

You get a clerical re-add - someone counting up your marks again for €30

You can get an appeal based on extenuating circumstances as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3 suggested username

I posted my clerical appeal and tutorial report applications the day the results were issued. I addressed it to:

Applications Unit
    Chartered Accountants House
    Pearse Street............

I got an email on Tuesday morning confirming the receipt of both applications and that payment had been processed.

I passed Core but failed the Audit Elective. Sufficiency 1 and decile 8. But I am convinced I did not do that bad. If I made an absolute mess of something silly and failed because of it then so be it, I will repeat but I have been going over and over it and I keep coming back to an error in the correction of the paper.

At least I will get peace of mind.....

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭silverwatch

Is there anyone appealing under extenuating circumstances?

Is there anyone appealing under extenuating circumstances?

A fella in my work appealed last year based on extenuating circumstances during the exam but his argument was based on how he should have passed coz he got greens in most and only red in business leadership and basically wrote a few pages showing how he should have passed, e.g he attended lectures and showed evidence of his CA diary where he had done corporate governance reviews in his work ect

He wasn't successful in the end but he wanted to try for peace of mind, I guess his argument didnt match with the grounds of the appeal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TD101

I'm very surprised that there is not more frustration about the fact that we have no proper opportunity to appeal our marks.

Surely the least the Institute can do is stand over the marks awarded and if that comes at a financial cost to the student then so be it.

I feel it shows a complete lack of confidence the Institute has in their own system. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement

Fae 2012 board report now available on cai website

Advertisement