Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Gigs 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Immortal Technique is announcing Euro dates tomorrow. Heres hoping for an Irish date. Hopefully for me another Belfast show!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Immortal Technique is announcing Euro dates tomorrow. Heres hoping for an Irish date. Hopefully for me another Belfast show!

Hope the lads (from Cork I think :confused:) are back at the gig wearing scarves over their faces. That was very entertaining :D

Not sure if would head again, haven't heard much new material last few years, was a good gig tho

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I had a look there and there doesn't seem to be any Irish or UK gigs at all. Portugal, Switzerland, Netherlands and Scandinavia.

#NoKings European tour dates are being announced today. Stay tuned and check http://www.doomtree.net for updates

That's from Sims. Hopefully they have a gig here, but I'm not expecting one at all really.

I looked at their site there and at the moment it seems like they're playing London, Bristol and Birmingham on the 14th, 15th and 16th of May.

Having delved a little more into it they are opening for Yelawolf on all three nights. Chances are high then maybe that they'll be here for his gig in the Academy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

#NoKings European tour dates are being announced today. Stay tuned and check http://www.doomtree.net for updates

That's from Sims. Hopefully they have a gig here, but I'm not expecting one at all really.

I looked at their site there and at the moment it seems like they're playing London, Bristol and Birmingham on the 14th, 15th and 16th of May.

Having delved a little more into it they are opening for Yelawolf on all three nights. Chances are high then maybe that they'll be here for his gig in the Academy.

Excellent, no other updates yet, so i'm going to start looking for flights.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Excellent, no other updates yet, so i'm going to start looking for flights.

Thankfully it's on in May so the flights are going to be relatively cheap. My preference would be Birmingham. The airport is connected to the train station by a SkyRail train, and then it's about 10 minutes into the city. It's perfect, you've almost no walking to do at all :D.

Only €28 for a return flight for the dates.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Doomtree Brussels date has been added...May 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

That gig was awful, he talked his viva la revolution sh*t for more time than he actually rapped. It was really poor, hands down the worst hip hop show I've ever been to.

Doomtree Brussels date has been added...May 6th.

Another new one. Heidelberg in Germany on the 9th of May. They're getting further away from Ireland with every announcement.

Another new one. Heidelberg in Germany on the 9th of May. They're getting further away from Ireland with every announcement.

That is tempting, Heidleberg is a excellent spot to visit.

• Advertisement

That is tempting, Heidleberg is a excellent spot to visit.

If I'd the money I'd probably go. No job means no travel to Europe for me.

I'm still hoping that they announce an Irish gig. I read this today on their site.
    We’ll be spending a good chunk of May across the pond playing some headlining shows, a few festivals, and some support slots on the Yelawolf tour. I can’t tell you how long we’ve all been dreaming about this opportunity. So so amped about it. You can check out info on a few of the dates that have been announced so far below. Still many, many more to come later this week (and in quite a few more countries as well), so keep it locked.

If the Irish gig doesn't materialise I'll think about the Bristol or Birmingham gig, whichever is handiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 first son

End Of The Weak is launching in Ireland April 14th at Sweeneys Bar
    heres the fb event page, http://www.facebook.com/events/268763759871324/
    Caxton Press and Logic (Peoples Army) are comin over from the uk to perform and Sons Phonetic and Lethal Dialect are also performing.
    5 euro in,gonna be a good one

If I'd the money I'd probably go. No job means no travel to Europe for me.

I'm still hoping that they announce an Irish gig. I read this today on their site.

If the Irish gig doesn't materialise I'll think about the Bristol or Birmingham gig, whichever is handiest.

Going to hold off myself for a bit to see what else getsw announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

I see Brother Ali is touring Europe with Grieves/Budo for support. Would love to see Grieves live, Ali would need to step it up from his last show.

No Irish date anyway and 4 UK stops on the tour :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

He was in crawdaddy 2 ish years ago? He might add a date later.

Brother Ali better come to Ireland. Sims from Doomtree is providing support for a few of the dates.

Brother Ali better come to Ireland. Sims from Doomtree is providing support for a few of the dates.

Has this been announced? Just seen Ali on twitter yesterday saying he might kidnap him for a few shows. Im flying over for 2 of the English shows, hopefully he'll be at one of them.

Has this been announced? Just seen Ali on twitter yesterday saying he might kidnap him for a few shows. Im flying over for 2 of the English shows, hopefully he'll be at one of them.

Yea Sims put it up on his facebook page. I don't think he's joining him on any of the English gigs. It's only ones on mainland Europe. I'm on my phone now so I can't post the dates but have a look at the dates Doomtree are playing in Europe and it'll be straight after that.

Yea Sims put it up on his facebook page. I don't think he's joining him on any of the English gigs. It's only ones on mainland Europe. I'm on my phone now so I can't post the dates but have a look at the dates Doomtree are playing in Europe and it'll be straight after that.

Just seen it there, cheers.

Ah well maybe next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Childish Gambino playing The Academy August 17th

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Childish-Gambino-tickets/artist/1503424

Am I the only one that thinks €33.50 is a bit expensive..?

• Advertisement

Very expensive for someone like him. I'd have expected something more in the region of €15. Add another 30 to that ticket and you could go to see Jigga and Kanye. Pretty crazy pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Very expensive for someone like him. I'd have expected something more in the region of €15. Add another 30 to that ticket and you could go to see Jigga and Kanye. Pretty crazy pricing.

Add another 50 to that and you'll get jay and kanye, my ticket cost me 80 quid online.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

My friend bought me a ticket. Should be good.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Add another 50 to that and you'll get jay and kanye, my ticket cost me 80 quid online.

I only gave a guess at that. I forgot the price of them. It's still way too much to see a lad who really only has one album out and a few mixtapes/independent albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I only gave a guess at that. I forgot the price of them. It's still way too much to see a lad who really only has one album out and a few mixtapes/independent albums.

I'd say him being on Community adds the extra cash.

In case anyone in here hasn't heard Death Grips have cancelled their tour and won't be playing in the Academy next week. They're working on their next album instead. Bit strange considering they've only just put out one.

In case anyone in here hasn't heard Death Grips have cancelled their tour and won't be playing in the Academy next week. They're working on their next album instead. Bit strange considering they've only just put out one.

Shame about that, would have been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Childish Gambino playing The Academy August 17th

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Childish-Gambino-tickets/artist/1503424

Am I the only one that thinks €33.50 is a bit expensive..?

That's a crazy price tbh, especially for someone with so little material.

Wiirdo wrote: »
    That's a crazy price tbh, especially for someone with so little material.

Considering that he is quite close to being a headline act at festivals, it's quite a good price.
    He also has a lot of material! And his live shows will throw in some freestyling, improv and I think that he also does a few covers.

....and if Danny Brown is there, it is well worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

Considering that he is quite close to being a headline act at festivals, it's quite a good price.
    He also has a lot of material! And his live shows will throw in some freestyling, improv and I think that he also does a few covers.

....and if Danny Brown is there, it is well worth it!

I dunno, judging by my Facebook page people are willing to pay it so fair enough.:D

Still freaked I missed the Wu last year. Anybody here see them?

Advertisement