Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ChocolateDonut

clo94 wrote: »
    banana123 wrote: »
    is the spreadsheet accurate for french ? can anyone confirm it?

It is for the DEB papers

Well it was 100% accurate for examcraft!

banana123 wrote: »
    french examcraft people? :) have english irish maths accounting business and physics :)

Go on the google spreadsheet :)

Has anybody done the examcraft economics HL?? So screwed :(

Okay, that's three requests for Maths Paper II.

Unfortunately, I just realised that I actually don't have the actual paper because you have to write on it. I'll do my best to expand on it though.
    1. You're given a table with Age on one axis and Salary on the other. Calculate the Correlation Coefficient (it's strong postive), draw a scatter plot and get the line of best fit. Then, I think you have to find the slope of it and figure out how much the salary increases each year.

2. This one was really easy but I can't remember what it was about.

6A. The theorem with two similar triangles where you must compare the sides and say they're proportional.

7. You have to do a bar chart, I think. It could also be a frequency table. I'm not sure. I didn't finish that question.

Sorry, I didn't realise I didn't have the actual paper. I wish I could be of more help. If it makes you feel any better, I found it a lot easier than Paper I.

This is what I used to study:

Thoerom.. The one with 2 similar triangles and you compare the sides to say they are proportional
    what is meant by random selection
    margin of error
    Calculate correlation co-efficient
    Draw scatter plot
    Fine eqn. of the line of best fit
    Eqn. of tangent to circle
    Construct tri. given lengths of 3 sides.
    Draw sinx and cosx graphs

Sine rule and cosine rule.
    Frequency table.
    Midpoint, equation of a line and distance.
    Show a line is perpendicular to another.
    Area of a parralellogram.
    Find height of cone when given the radius and volume.
    Find the slope of a side of the cone (L squared = R squared + H squared)

Is that DEB or Examcraft?

HCCCM wrote: »
    *Cough* point accepted I owe you a few papers don't I :-)

Just a reminder to all that if you are looking for maths paper 1/2 examcraft I have them and I can send them to you

Would you be kind enough to send me Maths P2??? :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 camroc84

Does anyone have the specific questions for DEB OL Irish paper 2? I'd reeeeeeeeeally appreciate it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭dmca93

Has anyone got a French paper other than what the spreadsheet says.... or are they definitely the only two companies that produce mock papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EoinNeedsHelp

Does anyone have Hl History ? I don't know which exam company my teacher will use, so either DEB or Examcraft would be greatly appreciated!

Does anyone have Hl History ? I don't know which exam company my teacher will use, so either DEB or Examcraft would be greatly appreciated!

I did it today, examcraft :)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

camroc84 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the specific questions for DEB OL Irish paper 2? I'd reeeeeeeeeally appreciate it :/

Check the spreadsheet ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 dcbeast

English Paper 2 HL

Woodwork HL

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 camroc84

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Check the spreadsheet ;)

Yes I have, and there's no specific questions for the unseen poems.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MaKay182

short questions biology deb? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 brendan_murphy

French , examcraft OL PLEASE !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

camroc84 wrote: »
    Yes I have, and there's no specific questions for the unseen poems.. :/

You're generally just going to get asked a personal-response type question anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

anyone need HL geog, HL economics, HL english, HL irish, HL Physics, OL maths? all deb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EoinNeedsHelp

I just spent 3 hours writing out notes on the 3 essays I was going to do for History HL when I realised I'd been doing the wrong company. Oh well, back to the drawing board :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I just spent 3 hours writing out notes on the 3 essays I was going to do for History HL when I realised I'd been doing the wrong company. Oh well, back to the drawing board :(

Great practice for the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Helloworld2012

i got my business paper back , they don't even correct the papers properly in the short questions i have 3 answers exactly like is written in the book but they give 0 WHY ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

i got my business paper back , they don't even correct the papers properly in the short questions i have 3 answers exactly like is written in the book but they give 0 WHY ?

Because they're not corrected reliably, which is why you should take the results as a guideline only and use your own knowledge with the help of your teacher to figure out what you need to work on.

If it has happened to a lot of people in the class you could get your teacher to take a class to go through the whole paper, or hand out the marking schemes to you so you can correct them yourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Hellothereu

voldymort wrote: »
    This is the gist of the hl DEB biology paper
    Section 1.
    1.question about a fat soluable vitamin and deficiency. Food - Protein simple structure - Cellulose - 1 trace element in human diet - understand C6(h12)o6
    2.Ecology easy stuff. Abiotic/Biotic/Edaphic Factors 1 example of each + definition - Learn a 4 bar food pyramid - 1 Limitation of it
    3.Weird propogation question I can't remember completely, didn't do it.
    4.Photosynthesis Where does light enter - Where is it absorbed what does ATP stand for?
    5.Respiration How does ATP Trap And Release Energy" - Distuingish between Catabolic and Anabolic reactions
    6.Alveoli Diagram of bronchus/aleviolo identify 3 things on it - know about diffusion and how gases transfer 3 adaptations

Section 2
    1. Investigation of growth of leaf yeast on agar plate experiment. Eukariotic what it means + name 1 other organism in Fungi. how did you dispose of it.
    2. Effect of temperature on enzyme.
    3. The one where you put seeds on an agar plate and see if they've started digesting the nutrient medium?

Section 3
    1.Ecology easy enough stuff. I'd learn the carbon cycle if I were you.Ecology along with competition/pollution definition you need to know Quantitive and Qualitive surverys and how you carried out such a survey rest is on docs.
    2. Homeostasis definition, amoeba, Kidneys - Learn about picitural glands or however you spell it - where its secreted/how it acts/ effects of increased amounts of the hormone
    3.Genetics question is LlGg x LlGg multiply out and you get 16 different phenotypes and question is done. Part c inclues more specific stuff on DNA and RNA
    4.Part a b c answer 2: Bacteria growth curve, mitosis, tissue - tissue culture, example of tissue in plant and animal etc.
    5.Part a b c answer 2: Brain/Sensory Neuron, male reproductive system - know where seminal fluid is made and what happens in the testes and a sterile condition and its cause. , heart heart diagram and how heartbeat is controlled.
    6. Plant reproduction. Genetic engineering.

Can anyone help with the four questions on part six of irish hl deb comprehensions?

hey just wondering what the
    mitosis
    question is on and what diagrams do you have to draw? thanks
    kayleigh01 wrote: »
    Any chance you can remember what the biome questions were?

hey was just wondering if you could give me any info on the following on deb hl geog ill do anything for help so stressed over it the physical qs , regional qs, and human processes overpop migration ? was there anything on urban housing/ renewal theories etc....and if you did the soils and biomes if not its fine...thank you!
    xxvickxx1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a
    waterfall
    is on Geography HL Deb paper? :)

Hey can you give me any info on the questions in hl deb geog lps pls if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mido4

anyone have deb ordinary lvl English paper 2
    have physics maths irish if any one need it

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Anyone got Deb Construction? Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Helloworld2012

Because they're not corrected reliably, which is why you should take the results as a guideline only and use your own knowledge with the help of your teacher to figure out what you need to work on.

If it has happened to a lot of people in the class you could get your teacher to take a class to go through the whole paper, or hand out the marking schemes to you so you can correct them yourselves.

my teacher id going through them because it happened to a lot of people in my class , why they have to do this it's not fair for student i felt so bad i was giving up business all together because it's not fair i was studying so hard and then they don't even give the mark for the correct answers

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sophiiieee

anyone need:

higher level examcraft:
    -maths
    -irish
    -biology

higher level DEB:
    -english
    -home ec
    -geography
    -french

i have also done music although im not sure what paper it was

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sophiiieee

es2003 wrote: »
    I need ROGHNACH poetry & story questions on Irish P2 Examcraft. Not on spreadsheet. Thanks!
    roghnach story: on an ursceal so mine was lig sin i gcathu it was about the lifestyle portrayed or something along thoses lines
    the poetry was on a poem by a man, where its situated, images, the poet and how it afttects you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Hellothereu

Yep! DEB HL Geography

Physical:
    I did Q.1- A: OS Map B: Structures of Deformation (impacts of folding and faulting on the landscape) C: Formation of a feature in a Karst Landscape.

Regional:
    A- Graph Q. B- Discuss development of Agriculture in 1 Irish Region C- Implications of expansion of the EU on Irish Economy

Human Elective:
    A: Graph Q. B: 1 Cause and 1 effect of Overpopulation with examples from case studies. C: Impact of Migration of a Donor and Receiver Region

Geoecology:
    I did Composition and Characteristics of the Brown Earth Soil. Another Q was the Impact of Climate on a Biome! :D** Prepare for a lot of writing and a sore hand! I did 24 pages all together

hey could u tell me some of the short qs in geog deb pls if u cud...tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mido4

any done ordinary lvl deb english plz tell me wats on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

hey could u tell me some of the short qs in geog deb pls if u cud...tanks
    mido4 wrote: »
    any done ordinary lvl deb english plz tell me wats on it

Stop with the textspeak please, there have been enough warnings given out already about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rebby94

I got mine back yesterday too, looking over it now and I have the same problem. 0 where I should have gained marks. Others in my class that usually get A's all got in the 60's.. My teacher actually recorrected one exam and it went up by 8%. I'm so angry now though because the grade I received doesn't show my ability and how well I knew what came up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement