Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ProjectMaths

I'm looking for DEB Accounting and Chemistry, both higher level.

I have the papers for:
    English I and II
    Irish I and II
    Maths I and II
    French

All the above are Higher Level.

Please contact me as soon as possible if you have either of the two papers I'm looking for. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lisaosull

I'm looking for DEB Accounting and Chemistry, both higher level.

I have the papers for:
    English I and II
    Irish I and II
    Maths I and II
    French

All the above are Higher Level.

Please contact me as soon as possible if you have either of the two papers I'm looking for. Thanks.

ACCOUNTING
    1 company accounts
    2 Tab
    3 revaluation
    4 farm accounts
    5 ratios
    6 service firm
    7 suspense
    8 costing (there's a stock valuation q)
    9 cash budgeting

Also Submitted)

section 1 = company accounts
    section 2= service accounts and suspense accounts Section 3 = valuation of closing stock

Section 3 - Question 9 - Production Budgets

Also Submitted)

Farm Accounts
    Revaluation Reserve
    Cash Budgeting

Also
    according to submitter #3

Question 2 is not a control account.. It's a tabular statement

Question 8: re-apportionment and under-absorption

Q.5 Interpretation of accounts- will ordinary shareholders be happy with performance,policies and future of the business (dairy industry),give reasons why the gross profit % has either decreased or increased.
    Q.8Product Costing-same as 2007 paper ,know how to find closing stock using the FIFO method. Be able to reapportion overheads.
    Q.4Farm accounts-be able to state what other account is affected by drawings and be able to show the drawings account

Q5 Ratios (b) Shareholder Q: Performance, State of Affairs and Prospects © Gross Profit % 5 reasons why it decreased
    Q9 Cash budgeting given sale units and sale revenue and given material A= 6kg @ €2 per kg.

2. Tabular Statement

The financial position of Tarbert Ltd on 1/1/2011 is shown in the following balance sheet:

Balance sheet as at 1/1/2011

Cost Dep NBV
    Land & buildings 860,000 640,00 796,000
    Equipment 120,000 38,000 82,000

Total 980,000 102,000 878,000
    ===== ===== =====

Current Assets
    Stock 74,600
    Debtors(less provision 5%) 47,500 122,100

Less Creditors: amount falling due within 1 year
    Creditors 58,400
    Bank 22,900
    Expenses due 3,800 (85,100)

=====
    Financed by
    Capital and Reserves
    Authorised – 900,000 ordinary shares @ €1 each
    Issued – 600,000 ordinary shares @ €1 each 600,000
    Share premium 180,000
    Profit and loss balance 135,000
    =====
    The following transactions took place during 2011:

Jan: Tarbert Ltd bought an adjoining business on 1/1/20011 which included buildings €120,000, debtors €60,000 and creditors €45,000. The purchase price was discharged by granting the seller 120,000 shares in Tarbert Ltd at a premium 20c per share.

Feb: Tarbert Ltd decided to re-value land and buildings at €1,100,000 (which included land valued at €80,000) on 1/2/2012.

April: Received a bank statement on April 1 showing a credit transfer received of €3,800 to cover 10 months' rent receivable in advance from April 1 and a direct debit of €6,720 to cover fire insurance for the year ending 31/03/2012.

May: A payment of €750 was received from a debtor whose debt had been previously written off and who now wishes to trade with Tarbert Ltd again. This represents 30% of the original debt and O’Brien had undertaken to pay the remainder of the debt in January 2009.

July: Goods previously sold by Tarbert Ltd for €1,200 were returned. The selling price of these goods was cost plus 25%. A credit note was issued showing a deduction of 10% of the invoice price as a restocking charge.

Aug: An interim dividend of 5c per share was paid on all issued shares.

Oct: Equipment which cost €16,000 was traded in against new equipment costing €22,000. An allowance of €3,600 was made for the old equipment. Depreciation to date on the old van was €13,200.

Dec: Depreciation on buildings is charged at the rate of 2% per annum of value at 1/2/2011.
    The depreciation charge for the year on equipment was €18,000

You are required to:
    Record on a tabular statement the effect each of the above transactions had on the relevant asset, liability and capital accounts and ascertain the total assets and liabilities on 31/12/2011. (60 marks)

Chemistry
    1-Winkler Method
    2- Exp. with Lieberg condenser

also)
    Q2 ethanal experiment

3- Rates, effect of Conc.
    4-scientist credited with e/m
    -oxidation numbers
    -anions
    -Radioactivity
    5-Electroneg. & Chemical Bonding
    6-Fuels and heats
    7-Water, edta, hardness eqns., pH water
    8-organics
    9-Chemical Equil, Haber process
    10-Mole
    -Flame tests, Anions
    -Mass Spect. Radioactivity
    11-Boyles Law, Properties of Gases Ch.
    -Electrolysis
    -Option

Know rate of reaction equations and mass spectromete

DO you have lower level french??

I'm afraid I don't have OL French, just HL.
    And thanks, I have those but I was hoping for something more specific. Particularly for Question 1 in Accounting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 emmaslat

any one know about geog ? all i know dat a qts is on the
    ]contrast between mezzo and paris basin !!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HowyaLovexoxo

fellow humans, i am in need of maths paper 2. i want to win the mocks game, and can only do this by achieving this paper...pleeeeeeeeeeease can someone help me ouuuuuuuuut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

banana123 wrote: »
    anyone have physics examcraft hl? :) have irish english maths business geog and acc in return :)

Whats the maths? I did physics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

could any1 plz give me science hl DEB , technology hl DEB , history hl DEB , english h/l

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭banana123

FinnD wrote: »
    Whats the maths? I did physics

pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mido4

need of english ord lvl anyone ,,have maths paper1 physics and irish paper 1 if any one need it

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Anyone have Maths Ordinary Paper 1 for Examcraft? I've done HL English, Geography and Ordinary German so far

• Advertisement

Someone was kind enough to send me the Chemistry Paper.
    That means all I need is the Accounting.
    <snip>

If you can send me that one question, I can give you any of the following papers:
    - DEB HL English Papers I and II
    - DEB HL Irish Papers I and II
    - DEB HL Maths Papers I and II
    - DEB HL French
    - DEB HL Chemistry

Just PM me if you have the Accounting and I'll gladly help you out. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jed_Dreams

Can someone please send me the suspense Q7 on DEB HL Accounting please?
    I Have:
    Maths paper 1&2
    Irish paper 1&2
    English paper 1&2
    French
    Chemistry
    all Higher level

When's your accounting exam? Mine's on Friday so if it's not before then, I can send you the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

If you can send me that one question, I can give you any of the following papers:
    - DEB HL French
    - DEB HL Chemistry

Maybe if everyone was less selfish with their papers and put the spoilers on thread rather than conducting PM's between yourselves, more people would be willing to help you out with what you need.

Also, any further posts mentioning scans or photos of any papers will be deleted straight away, and as per the first post, any actual photos or links to photos posted on thread will result in a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HowyaLovexoxo

maths paper 2 pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :(

Maybe if everyone was less selfish with their papers and put the spoilers on thread rather than conducting PM's between yourselves, more people would be willing to help you out with what you need.

Also, any further posts mentioning scans or photos of any papers will be deleted straight away, and as per the first post, any actual photos or links to photos posted on thread will result in a ban.
    It's not that I'm selfish. I actually posted a proper detailed version of English Paper II on another site. I'll post it again here in case anyone wants it. But to be fair, the basic information for every exam is there. I wouldn't know what people are specifically looking for. I've got exams to do too so I'm hardly going to spend my night typing out every single paper that I've done. The only reason I mentioned PMs was because of the warning on the front page about photos/scans. On top of that, eventually what I type will be lost in this thread anyway due to the amount of replies.

Sorry, I didn't know we couldn't mention them. I thought it was just against the rules to post them/post links to them.

English Paper II is here though I'm sure most people have finished it by now:
    Section I:
    E. HAMLET (60 marks)
    (i) "While Hamlet is not perfect, he still deserves the admiration and sympathy of the audience."
    Write a response to this view of the character of Hamlet, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the text.

OR

(ii) "Deception is a fundamental theme of the play, Hamlet."
    Discuss this statement, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the text.

Section II:
    A. THE GENERAL VISION AND VIEWPOINT
    1. "An author's presentation of a text's general vision and viewpoint can often shape a reader's response to the text."
    Write an essay comparing how the presentation of the general vision and viewpoint in at least two texts you have studied in your comparitive course shaped your response to the texts. (70 marks)

OR

2. "The key moments of a text can serve to bring the general vision and viewpoint to the immediate attention of a reader."
    (a) Show how this statement applied to any one of the texts you have studied in your comparitive course. (30 marks)
    (b) Compare the way in which key moments in two other texts on your comparitive course brought the general vision and viewpoint of these texts to your attention. (40 marks)

Section III:
    A. UNSEEN POEM (First Lesson by Phyllis McGinley)
    (a) What, in your view, is the central message of this poem? Refer to the text in your answer. (10 marks)
    (b) Choose a line or phrase from the poem that particularly appealed to you. Explain your choice. (10 marks)

OR

2. Write a personal response to this peom, highlighting aspects of it that you liked and/or disliked. (20 marks)

B. PRESCRIBED POETRY
    1. Sylvia Plath
    "Sylvia Plath's poetry is full of her deep doubts and fears which she reveals with startling honesty."
    Do you agree with this assessment of her poetry? Write a response, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the poems on your course.

2. Philip Larkin
    "Philip Larkin's poetry, though rich in imagery and symbolism, deals with ordinary events in language close to everyday speech."
    Give your response to the poetry of Philip Larkin in the light of this statement. Support your answer with suitable reference to the poetry on your course.

3. Seamus Heaney
    "Heaney can bring everyday natural events before our eyes through the precision of his language and his innovative use of imagery."
    Write your response to this statement, supporting the points you make with suitable reference to the poetry on your course.

4. Thomas Kinsella
    "Kinsella's poetry explores serious issues in a fresh, interesting style."
    To what extent do you agree with this assessment of his poetry? Support your answer with suitable reference to the poems on your course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Leavincert2012

Any one have the examcraft biology paper or chemistry? Would be so grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mido4

here anyone who did physics higher level what color was the the deb paper and what colour is the examcraft paper for higher level physics,, anyone ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lc2k12

Someone was kind enough to send me the Chemistry Paper.
    That means all I need is the Accounting.
    <snip>

- DEB HL French
    - DEB HL Chemistry

Just PM me if you have the Accounting and I'll gladly help you out. Thanks in advance.
    hey sorry i no you were lookin for the accounting paper but could u send me the maths paper 2..im badly in need of it!:(

Okay, that's three requests for Maths Paper II.

Unfortunately, I just realised that I actually don't have the actual paper because you have to write on it. I'll do my best to expand on it though.
    1. You're given a table with Age on one axis and Salary on the other. Calculate the Correlation Coefficient (it's strong postive), draw a scatter plot and get the line of best fit. Then, I think you have to find the slope of it and figure out how much the salary increases each year.

2. This one was really easy but I can't remember what it was about.

6A. The theorem with two similar triangles where you must compare the sides and say they're proportional.

7. You have to do a bar chart, I think. It could also be a frequency table. I'm not sure. I didn't finish that question.

Sorry, I didn't realise I didn't have the actual paper. I wish I could be of more help. If it makes you feel any better, I found it a lot easier than Paper I.

This is what I used to study:

Thoerom.. The one with 2 similar triangles and you compare the sides to say they are proportional
    what is meant by random selection
    margin of error
    Calculate correlation co-efficient
    Draw scatter plot
    Fine eqn. of the line of best fit
    Eqn. of tangent to circle
    Construct tri. given lengths of 3 sides.
    Draw sinx and cosx graphs

Sine rule and cosine rule.
    Frequency table.
    Midpoint, equation of a line and distance.
    Show a line is perpendicular to another.
    Area of a parralellogram.
    Find height of cone when given the radius and volume.
    Find the slope of a side of the cone (L squared = R squared + H squared)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ciaraxx

Irish paper 1 sceal anyone?

Totally stressing out right now have accounting in the morning ? Please help ?

ciaraxx wrote: »
    Irish paper 1 sceal anyone?
    SCÉAL (you're not looking for the Aiste, right?)
    (a) Dílseacht
    (b) Is ar scáth a chéile a mhaireann na daoine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

It's not that I'm selfish. I actually posted a proper detailed version of English Paper II on another site. I'll post it again here in case anyone wants it. But to be fair, the basic information for every exam is there. I wouldn't know what people are specifically looking for. I've got exams to do too so I'm hardly going to spend my night typing out every single paper that I've done.

We wouldn't expect you to dedicate all your time typing up your papers, however, swapping by PM just means you will be bombarded with requests again and again, whereas putting it on thread in the first place will save everyone some hassle. Typing up full papers is absolutely not necessary as well. People will ask for every specific detail but once you've given some information you've done more than enough to be helpful! :)
    Sorry, I didn't know we couldn't mention them. I thought it was just against the rules to post them/post links to them.

Asking for them may encourage people to put them up in reply which will create a mess if a mod isn't around at the time to delete. Distributing scans of a mock paper breaches copyright laws.

Jed_Dreams wrote: »
    Totally stressing out right now have accounting in the morning ? Please help ?
    I have my accounting on Friday but I'm stressing the most over that too. I've looked through pages and pages on this thread and this is what I picked up if it's of any use to you.
    Q1 company account, Q5 Interpretation/ratios- advise shareholders and know reasons for why gross profit% is changed, Q6 Service firm, Q8 over absorption[ service and production dpartment and stock valuation like 2007 Q8 HL

1. Company accounts, know about suspense accounts
    2. Tabular statement, (Record on a tabular statement the effect each of the above transactions had on the relevant asset, liability and capital accounts and ascertain the total assets and liabilities on 31/12/2011) know about revaluation and depreciation
    3. Revaluation of fixed assets
    4. Farm account, know how to do a drawings account and which account other than drawings is affected by "farm produce used by family" Explain your answer
    5. Interpretation of accounts -Indicate wether the ordinary shareholders would be satisfied with the performance, state of affairs and prospects of the company. Use relevant ratios, percentages and other information to support your answer. -The gross profit percentage for 2010 was 35%. Give five different explanations for the increase/decrease in 2011
    6. Service Company Accounts
    7. Correction of Errors and Suspense Account - Identify 3 different types of errors that affect the balancing of a trial balance
    8. Costing and Stock Valuation, - Explain what is meant by re-apportionment or overheads and under-absorption of overheads
    9. Cash Budgeting, Define cash budgeting and describe 2 of its advantages

and the ratios are:Earnings per ordinary share: 12.5c
    Dividend per ordinary share: 4.8c
    Interest cover: 4.7 times
    Quick ratio: 1.2 to 1
    Return on Capital employed 10.4%
    Market Value of 1 ordinary share €1.30
    Gearing 35%
    Dividend cover 2.6 times
    Dividend yield 5.2%

The earnings per ordinary share
    thecash purchases if the average period of credo received from trade creditors is 1.5 months
    the dividend yield
    how long it would take one ordinary share to recoup is 2011 market price
    return on capital employed

1 company accounts
    2 Tab
    3 revaluation
    4 farm accounts
    5 ratios
    6 service firm
    7 suspense
    8 costing (there's a stock valuation q)
    9 cash budgeting

Also Submitted)

section 1 = company accounts
    section 2= service accounts and suspense accounts Section 3 = valuation of closing stock

Section 3 - Question 9 - Production Budgets

Also Submitted)

Farm Accounts
    Revaluation Reserve
    Cash Budgeting

Also
    according to submitter #3

Question 2 is not a control account.. It's a tabular statement

Question 8: re-apportionment and under-absorption

Q.5 Interpretation of accounts- will ordinary shareholders be happy with performance,policies and future of the business (dairy industry),give reasons why the gross profit % has either decreased or increased.
    Q.8Product Costing-same as 2007 paper ,know how to find closing stock using the FIFO method. Be able to reapportion overheads.
    Q.4Farm accounts-be able to state what other account is affected by drawings and be able to show the drawings account

Q5 Ratios (b) Shareholder Q: Performance, State of Affairs and Prospects © Gross Profit % 5 reasons why it decreased
    Q9 Cash budgeting given sale units and sale revenue and given material A= 6kg @ €2 per kg.

2. Tabular Statement

The financial position of Tarbert Ltd on 1/1/2011 is shown in the following balance sheet:

Balance sheet as at 1/1/2011

Cost Dep NBV
    Land & buildings 860,000 640,00 796,000
    Equipment 120,000 38,000 82,000

Total 980,000 102,000 878,000
    ===== ===== =====

Current Assets
    Stock 74,600
    Debtors(less provision 5%) 47,500 122,100

Less Creditors: amount falling due within 1 year
    Creditors 58,400
    Bank 22,900
    Expenses due 3,800 (85,100)

=====
    Financed by
    Capital and Reserves
    Authorised – 900,000 ordinary shares @ €1 each
    Issued – 600,000 ordinary shares @ €1 each 600,000
    Share premium 180,000
    Profit and loss balance 135,000
    =====
    The following transactions took place during 2011:

Jan: Tarbert Ltd bought an adjoining business on 1/1/20011 which included buildings €120,000, debtors €60,000 and creditors €45,000. The purchase price was discharged by granting the seller 120,000 shares in Tarbert Ltd at a premium 20c per share.

Feb: Tarbert Ltd decided to re-value land and buildings at €1,100,000 (which included land valued at €80,000) on 1/2/2012.

April: Received a bank statement on April 1 showing a credit transfer received of €3,800 to cover 10 months' rent receivable in advance from April 1 and a direct debit of €6,720 to cover fire insurance for the year ending 31/03/2012.

May: A payment of €750 was received from a debtor whose debt had been previously written off and who now wishes to trade with Tarbert Ltd again. This represents 30% of the original debt and O’Brien had undertaken to pay the remainder of the debt in January 2009.

July: Goods previously sold by Tarbert Ltd for €1,200 were returned. The selling price of these goods was cost plus 25%. A credit note was issued showing a deduction of 10% of the invoice price as a restocking charge.

Aug: An interim dividend of 5c per share was paid on all issued shares.

Oct: Equipment which cost €16,000 was traded in against new equipment costing €22,000. An allowance of €3,600 was made for the old equipment. Depreciation to date on the old van was €13,200.

Dec: Depreciation on buildings is charged at the rate of 2% per annum of value at 1/2/2011.
    The depreciation charge for the year on equipment was €18,000

You are required to:
    Record on a tabular statement the effect each of the above transactions had on the relevant asset, liability and capital accounts and ascertain the total assets and liabilities on 31/12/2011. (60 marks)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 m.donnellan1

i have the chemistry HL if u want it
    hey would you mind PMing me the chemistry paper? both if you have them!really need them before tomorrow!! Thanks

I have my accounting on Friday but I'm stressing the most over that too. I've looked through pages and pages on this thread and this is what I picked up if it's of any use to you.

Thank you so much will let u know how i get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 m.donnellan1

Jed_Dreams wrote: »
    Can someone please send me the suspense Q7 on DEB HL Accounting please?
    I Have:
    Maths paper 1&2
    Irish paper 1&2
    English paper 1&2
    French
    Chemistry
    all Higher level
    I would really love you if you could send me the chemistry HL paper please!I have papers but you have al of them as far as I can see...Would really appreciate it.

Sure, no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nini18

what came up in the home ec mocks guys please,i have it tmo and am not rele prepared !! like,nutrients wise? :/ thanks !! x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement