Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Day to Have a Birthday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

My Gran was buried on my birthday so that wasn't a nice day , right before christmas too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Any day that something negative enough happens which causes people to go "Oh it's your birthday, so it must be so many years since X happened" every birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 creagh22

I was born on April 1st! Lucky me! At 22 my friends still like to prank me! And it's not a common birthday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Well done Creagh

what do you mean? I was being sarcastic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

creagh22 wrote: »
    what do you mean? I was being sarcastic
    nailed it...

You sure were Creagh, fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Joke's on you Dave. :P

yes! It is! somehow each year they manage to get me

creagh22 wrote: »
    yes! It is! somehow each year they manage to get me

They might get you but I don't. At all.

• Advertisement

Joke's on you Dave. :P

It sure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I'm exactly a week before Christmas. Terrible time, everyone really busy with work Christmas parties, 12 pubs etc to properly celebrate. It's usually shoved in as an after thought to some other event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

27th of December and 10 years later my brother was born the exact same day,one of my childhood presents where 10 euro credit for my new phone I got for Christmas and some where both Christmas and birthday presents, horrible time for birthdays as a kid but not to bad as an adult as you can go out on st Stephens night for a few scoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Feb 29th. One birthday every 4 years, chances will be you will be on a zimmer frame when you see your 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Having a death day is far worse, I love the way wheel spins and we all have a date which we'll expire on. We don't know when or where, but's it's coming down the line and probably sooner than you might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Having a death day is far worse, I love the way wheel spins and we all have a date which we'll expire on. We don't know when or where, but's it's coming down the line and probably sooner than you might think.

This thread had a death day / expiry date of three years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Remember in school, we had this teacher, Mrs Johnson, and it was her birthday on 9/11. Someone came into the room and told her, and she started crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

My birthday is the day after paddy's day. Everyone is dying and doesnt wanna do anything. Although i am too so im happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

December 25th, that's easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

September 31st.

Or a monday.

Just another manic monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

December 27th. Its always forgotten. :’(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,091 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

My uncle was born on the first of April.

When he was a kid, one year one of the kids in school gave him a present and told him not to open it til he got home. So he waited and when he got home, he opened it. Nothing in it, just a note that said "April fools". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

21st-31st of the last days of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

My birthday falls in June, so it obviously fell during summer holidays from school/college. I somehow managed to not be working for them for different reasons, such as it falling on a weekend, or taking it off (when I did some shift work). Last year was the first ever birthday I worked. At least my colleagues marked it, so it wasn't too depressing being in :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

Worst days to die.

Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

Worst days to die.

Very inconsiderate.

I'm trying to enjoy my presents and guilt free boozing time and they have to go and ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

deise08 wrote: »
    December 27th. Its always forgotten. :’(

Yes. Same as my GF.

Sorry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I had my 18th the day I sat English Paper 2 in the LC.. oh lord the memories of an agonizing hand after the exam will never be forgotten. However I was happy with the paper, but never had an 18th party or anything because the whole hype was over by the time the exams were over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

January is an awful time to have a birthday. Everyone's broke after Christmas and I hate that they feel pressured to get me a present even though I try to persuade them not to or to just get something inexpensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

ThePower11 wrote: »
    Any day in January, people are miserable and are broke after Christmas.

Yes, agreed! My Birthday is the 10th of January, my brothers is the 12th of January. So growing up we always had a shared birthday party and shared presents. And often one "Birthday and Christmas" present...desperate!

Advertisement