Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Day to Have a Birthday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

mine's 25th of january and it's a crap day. Most people are broke, and pay day comes a few days after my birthday. always had to postpone birthday drinks etc til the week after. usually receive shedloads of shower gift sets that people got for christmas as presents, as they can't afford to get anything decent.

at least there used to be the superbowl that weekend, but they've even moved that to february now instead. cock all to do, and no money to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

my birthday is September 11th, but apart from 2001 and not currently living in NYC it makes no difference
    BUT my Dad always remembers my birthday now :) as do lots of people wheras before any day mid September would suffice :)

My birthday is the 9th of November. Any time I write it short the way we do over here then it looks like 9/11, charming.

I was also born on the 9th of November 1989, otherwise known as the day that the Berlin Wall fell. I have yet to find a use for this achievement.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Mine is in June and fell during my first Leaving Cert exam but apart from that I love having a summer birthday- I think Stephen's Day would be crap, people are hungover and broke. And it would probaly be too early to receive any Sales bargains as a gift.
    I like the idea of someone celebrating her child's 'half birthday'. It's nice to have something in the summer when you're a kid. People who give combined Christmas/birthday presents must annoy December birthday folks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Mine is in June and fell during my first Leaving Cert exam but apart from that I love having a summer birthday- I think Stephen's Day would be crap, people are hungover and broke. And it would probaly be too early to receive any Sales bargains as a gift.
    I like the idea of someone celebrating her child's 'half birthday'. It's nice to have something in the summer when you're a kid. People who give combined Christmas/birthday presents must annoy December birthday folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

summerskin wrote: »
    mine's 25th of january and it's a crap day. Most people are broke, and pay day comes a few days after my birthday. always had to postpone birthday drinks etc til the week after. usually receive shedloads of shower gift sets that people got for christmas as presents, as they can't afford to get anything decent.

at least there used to be the superbowl that weekend, but they've even moved that to february now instead. cock all to do, and no money to do it.

Oh, no, I dont my child to feel like that!

Gotta think none birthing thoughts!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Inbox wrote: »
    My birthday is a great time to have it!

Friday, June 16, 1978

167th day

33 years 6 months 18 days ago

1750 weeks 5 days ago

12255 days ago

33.55 years ago

120th weekday of 1978

45.48% of 1978 elapsed, 54.52% remaining

You are the exact same age as Garfield the cat. :-P

My own birthday is in April - grand time of year. Spring and people do remember it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

whatever about birthdays my parents got married on 2 January so every anniversary everybody was too broke/hungover to buy them a present or celebrate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

If I was born on 29th February 1981 rather than 25th July 1981 I would now be 7 years old rather than 30 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Mines tomorrow :(

Happy Birthday Chinny!

My guess would be good Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Batsy wrote: »
    If I was born on 29th February 1981 rather than 25th July 1981 I would now be 7 years old rather than 30 years old.

You'd also be using a different calendar to the rest of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

I think anytime between Christmas and the new year is a terrible time to have a birthday. If your b'day is just before or on Christmas day then you have a chance that people will remember but after Christmas you get forgotten.
    My BIL's b'day was last week, (no one remembers which day) and he always celebrates his birthday in June instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Your birthday falling on Good Friday wouldn't be much fun with the pubs and clubs closed :(

My 18th was on good friday. First legal drinking night and I couldn't drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

mine is in March and the only reason that it sucks is that I share it with my older Sister and people used to give her cool presents and say 'now you share that with Phasers' :mad:

being an afterthought is not fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Actually just thought it'd be nasty being a twin, not having the day to yourself, although having your birthday around Christmas means no birthday decorations, your birthday cards are also taken down with the Christmas cards

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

January is not all that bad if you go onto Roganstown House Hotels facebook page - they are giving free rooms!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Birthdays always seemed somewhat narcissistic to me. I never enjoyed celebrating my own, so thank God it's on Xmas Eve, everyone forgets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭thechanger

OneArt wrote: »
    Birthdays always seemed somewhat narcissistic to me. I never enjoyed celebrating my own, so thank God it's on Xmas Eve, everyone forgets!

The worst are the ones in the office that email everyone to go for office drinks. Get some friends you losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭shannie

My birthday's on the 12th of Jan, and to be honest its not the best month, because the weathers rubbish you can't do anything in that line. You just got stuff for xmas so you dont need more...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

The poor feckers that have theirs February 29th. God love em!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

September First

First day back to school

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

mine was the fourth and everyone is just back to work
    getting bills from christmas and also broke from new years i have to say its a horrid time to have a birthday noone wants to go out spend money or do anything. also the weather is usually sh*t.

ah heres to being another year older

on the upside the january sales usually start the 6th or so.

my OH has his birthday st Stephens day that also sucks poor lad ah we suffer together i think his birthday is worse though. not a hope of doing anything everything is shut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Mines at Easter-used to hate it when I was little because everyone just got me an Easter egg for my birthday and Im only an occasional chocolate eater.
    Also my brothers is the day after mine and we always got a combined party-we had a cake that was a football pitch with a ballet dancer on top once. Didnt really work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Clareman wrote: »
    Just after speaking to a friend of mine, it's his birthday today, he reckons it's the worst day of the year to have as a birthday, he reckons even if it was Christmas day or around then people would be in better form, a few days later and people would be used to being back to work.

I tend to agree with him, everyone is down cause of going back to work/sick of going out/no money left, even if his birthday was yesterday (Bank Holiday) or tomorrow (second day back to work). The other options that I would see as bad would be around the 1st of September (schools going back) although that wouldn't be an issue once you grow older, the 25th of December cause of the dreaded double gift. Anyone any thoughts on the worst day of the year to have as your birthday?

Mines Valentines Day.

Mines Valentines Day.

I know two lads who have their birthday on Valentines day-it's great because theres always a reason to celebrate and you never get any of that depressing single and stuck in doing nothing nonsense :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Azureus wrote: »
    I know two lads who have their birthday on Valentines day-it's great because theres always a reason to celebrate and you never get any of that depressing single and stuck in doing nothing nonsense :D

Its not great if you have a girlfriend and you want to go out with the lads for a session.

Just bring the girlfriend along-if you've the right girlfriend she'll be able to session along with the best of em. I'd rather a night out than a poxy set menu meal surrounded by forcibly loved up couples anyway. :D Win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

first monday after new years when everyones back in work, 13th Friday:eek:, christmas day... some people will think "ah jus giv um one present" F**K OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Clareman wrote: »
    29th of Feb can be changed to either the 28th or the 1st and you get to have a big deal made out of it every 4 years.
    Having your birthday during exams will only be a pain while your doing exams, once you don't have those anymore May is a nice month to have a birthday.

Isn't the leaving cert in June?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

My younger sister was born on Christmas Day and my older brother's birthday is the 22nd of this month, both bad times of the year.

I was born on April 9th so it was the right time of year usually when I was younger, my 18th did fall on Good Friday, though. ( didn't mind, I wasn't much of a drinker back then )

Advertisement