Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Day to Have a Birthday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

mattjack wrote: »
    Aprils fools day....I know someone born on it too....not me, but she sleeps beside me at night :o

Actually she is a he.......april fools

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Actually she is a he.......april fools

:pac::pac: I knew I had a strange feeling come over me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Clareman wrote: »
    Just after speaking to a friend of mine, it's his birthday today, he reckons it's the worst day of the year to have as a birthday, he reckons even if it was Christmas day or around then people would be in better form, a few days later and people would be used to being back to work.

I tend to agree with him, everyone is down cause of going back to work/sick of going out/no money left, even if his birthday was yesterday (Bank Holiday) or tomorrow (second day back to work). The other options that I would see as bad would be around the 1st of September (schools going back) although that wouldn't be an issue once you grow older, the 25th of December cause of the dreaded double gift. Anyone any thoughts on the worst day of the year to have as your birthday?

Is he a 12yr old girl?

A man doesn't need to celebrate his birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Just after speaking to a friend of mine, it's his birthday today, he reckons it's the worst day of the year to have as a birthday, he reckons even if it was Christmas day or around then people would be in better form, a few days later and people would be used to being back to work.

Slightly ironic thread given the numbers in my username are reference to my birthday!! :o

Can be a bit of a hassle but I don't usually do much for my birthday anyway!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Your birthday falling on Good Friday wouldn't be much fun with the pubs and clubs closed :(

It's only a once off, Good Friday is a different date every year, in fact I'd say it'd be a good night to throw a party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I'd say the worst is 29th Feb or christmas day.
    Mine's 5 days after christmas, and the day before new years eve - so it's pretty crap both for presents with everyone being broke, and for getting people to go out as they're saving themselves for new years.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    mines today its a pretty bad day for a birthday alright everyone is broke after xmas including myself:(

Happy Birthday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I stopped caring about my birthday when I reached about 12 so I dunno. grown adults who make a big deal and demand a night out because they survived another 12 months, big whoop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Your birthday falling on Good Friday wouldn't be much fun with the pubs and clubs closed :(

My 18th fell on Good Friday, first drink of the legal age was down the beach. Ended up being a good session though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I agree Krudler, but some people are different, I reckon it's down to how the family treats the events, in my family birthdays/Mother's & Father's Day aren't big deals, in Mrs. Clareman's family they are huge events, they all get each other presents, in my family we don't buy each other presents and don't bother with Mother's/Father's day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Slightly ironic thread given the numbers in my username are reference to my birthday!! :o

Can be a bit of a hassle but I don't usually do much for my birthday anyway!

happy birthday :)

Mine is at the end of the month. my brothers is thursday. half of my family have birthdays in January.

My 18th fell on Good Friday, first drink of the legal age was down the beach. Ended up being a good session though.

Hopefully that ridiculous law will be gone soon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Do like the aul Windsor wan. Her actual date of birth is in showery April, but she officially celebrates her birthday in (usually) sunny June.:):):)

I realise that even Perrier water has been recycled loads of times but she has the same shower at her's ....... year after year after year :D

happy birthday :)

Mine is at the end of the month. my brothers is thursday. half of my family have birthdays in January.

What happens in April for your folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Mines the 5th of January, always got a mighty haul due to the sales but I hate when it falls on a monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

What happens in April for your folks?

I did the maths already and 40 weeks for me would be April 25th. I was one day over due. there's nothing around then. only thing is my mothers birthday was May 5th. but meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

What goes on in their house in April?

Obviously lots of dancing:

The Bunga Bunga hornpipe :D. Also known as the Slip jig Jiggy Jig

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Valentines Day.

Instead of spending my brthday doing nothing and maybe getting a ride, I'd have to clean up, spend money and maybe make love

Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Mine is the 26th of December.

Hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭HovaBaby

Mine is today! I'm 25.

Anyways, I don't think the 3rd of January is the worst day. For me it means the Festive season extends until the 3rd of January, rather than ending on the 31st Dec/1st Jan as it is for most people. Plus people know my birthday is 9 days after Christmas so they have that on their mind when thinking of presents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

HovaBaby wrote: »
    Mine is today! I'm 25.

Anyways, I don't think the 3rd of January is the worst day. For me it means the Festive season extends until the 3rd of January, rather than ending on the 31st Dec/1st Jan as it is for most people. Plus people know my birthday is 9 days after Christmas so they have that on their mind when thinking of presents.

Happy Birthday :D

Mine is the 21st December, pretty shite with the whole double present thing. The close family don't do it to me but everyone else does, bloody hate it!

The mothers is christmas day, she turned 40 this year and had her first ever birthday party, bless! Hers is obviously worse than mine but they both still suck!

ThePower11 wrote: »
    Any day in January, people are miserable and are broke after Christmas.

I disagree, mine is the 24th of Jan and its just the right time to be getting some cash from presents to tide me over until the end of the month as a lot of January's wages end up spent over christmas.

Isn't the 16th of January the most depressing day of the year or something? Something to do with the weather, distance to holiday, pay day, etc. etc. When I used to get paid monthly I used to hate the gap till the January pay day, used to always get paid a week early for Christmas so it made it even longer between pay packets.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭vgv

Surely summer bdays would be worse as a lot of your your mates would all be on holidays so you could forget about having a decent party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Mines the first of July. Usually good weather for a boat trip and a barbecue, nice start to the summer every year.

Summer holiday time could be bad when you were very young cause all your friends might be gone away, but the 3rd of January was always Christmas holiday time so the same problems, you wouldn't be able to go outside to play for your birthday either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

does anyone care that its their birthday after 11 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

EdenHazard wrote: »

the milestone ones ok, 21st, 30th, 40th, 50th etc,night out or whatever. but people demanding friends go away on holidays or weekends for your...27th birthday? fcuk that, once you hit 18 you can look forward to your 21st then every one that ends with an 0, the rest mean jack sh1t.

miserable pants on tonight :pac:

EdenHazard wrote: »

I care - It makes me very anxious because it means I'm closer to death, or worse - old age - and I haven't done so many things, and time is flashing by, and what have I to show for myself, what have I achieved? Deep breaths.

• Advertisement

Just talking to Mrs. Clareman, her sister every year takes a week off work for her birthday, the first weekend she goes away with her friends somewhere, the second weekend she goes away with her boyfriend, she's expects her boyfriend to wait on her hand and foot for the whole week she's off as well, she went loopey last year when he had a match and broke his hand

Advertisement