Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to buy a boat 5,000

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Thats a nice boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

thats gas i was just looking at that 1!!!

whats da craic with the engine are they a ballix to service and maintain... i actually want 4 stroke ..cheap on gargle

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    thats gas i was just looking at that 1!!!

whats da craic with the engine are they a ballix to service and maintain... i actually want 4 stroke ..cheap on gargle

That engine is one of the best ones out there and the fastest in it's class, basic servicing is the same as any outboard and for any big jobs you will find it no problem to find a merc dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

wtf?:eek:
    i just emailed them giving my email address mobile and landline!!! not too happy they have all those details!!

I can only imagine what they are trying to do:
    (1) Rob you :mad:
    (2) Sell a stolen boat :mad:
    (3) Sell some other crap :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

BUMMER Here is another one with your engine but no price.
    The trailer looks the same as the last one. "or maybe it is":D
    http://ireland.boatshed.com/galia_530-boat-12256.html

thanks fergal buty that boat is sold

also a WARNING FOR YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERES AN EBAY SCAM WHERE U BUY THE BOAT ..THEY SEND A FRAUDULENT EMAIL U TRANSFER THE CASH ...AND YOUR LEFT HIGH AND DRY.... THIS IS THE EMAIL I JUST GOT FROM THE BOAT MENTIONED ABOVE THAT DONE DEAL TOOK DOWN AN HOUR OR 2 AGO!!

Hello,
    Its still for sale. Immaculate condition, no damages, nothing to worry
    about. All necessary documents available. My current location is
    Scotland due to my work commitments,If this is going to be a quick
    sale, I will let it go for €7,000 delivered at my costs. Are you
    familiar to eBay? I will list the boat on eBay Motors for the €7,000
    buy it now price and I will send you a link to my auction, so you can
    buy it immediate.
    As soon as you will confirm the payment to eBay, I will proceed
    delivery without any additional costs for you.
    In case you are not familiar with them, please read their Buyer
    Protection and will see that they cover 100% the transaction done
    through them up to €50,000. You will receive the boat with all the
    documents. As you know eBay is the best company of online
    transactions. If indeed interested in buying it and have the funds, I
    will list it on eBay, as I have a 100% positive feedback with them.
    Please let me know your decision.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

It's a variation on an old scam. The moral is not to hand over money until the boat is in your physical possesion. Unfortunately there's no central registry of stolen boats but if you ask around clubs or check websites you'll find out about any stolen boats/engines of the same type.

I was looking at a boat today that I thought might suit my needs and guess what I got back :D:D
    Hello,
    Its still for sale. Immaculate condition, no damages, nothing to worry about. All necessary documents available. My current location is Scotland due to my work commitments,If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for €4,500 delivered at my costs. Are you familiar to eBay? I will list the boat on eBay Motors for the €4,500 buy it now price and I will send you a link to my auction, so you can buy it immediate.
    As soon as you will confirm the payment to eBay, I will proceed delivery without any additional costs for you.
    In case you are not familiar with them, please read their Buyer Protection and will see that they cover 100% the transaction done through them up to €50,000. You will receive the boat with all the documents. As you know eBay is the best company of online transactions. If indeed interested in buying it and have the funds, I will list it on eBay, as I have a 100% positive feedback with them.
    Please let me know your decision.
    Thank you

they sent me this link: FRAUDULENT LINK! If you attempt to buy it you will lose 6500 euro DO NOT CLICK BUY THIS SEEMS TO BE FRAUD..UVE BEEN WARNED
    http://ebayprivatelisting.com/desc/eb/index2.php?W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3efe448c6bQQitemZQQptZUSQ5fE559FF65111E0E55111E0E559FF=0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

tin79 wrote: »

yeah thanks. It looks cheap and a bit grotty!

this one is nice but the guy put the price up by 2,500. Which takes the piss a little after i arranged to view it in a couple of weeks as he complained that he was to busy to show it to me! lol...
    Not gonna Judge him in public...it wouldnt be right but i did let him know what i thought about that....

he actually paid 12.5 last year for it... theres a lot of boats that lads have owned for a couple of years who are dropping from 15 to 7.5.... i suppose they are bayliners and drink guzzlers.....
    lot of people want 4 stroke clean boats with cuddies... perhaps this is the boat you want that doesnt lose its value so quick! Unless hes a dreamer........saying that his engine is 2 stroke
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/2840885

:D I thought your budget was 5K.

Hope you find something that suits.

Also you know that the boat in your link IS a Baylliner dont you? and with a 125 2 stroke it will drink a lot for sure. An 18 feet long trophy is a biggie.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/2961950

that was a grand boat eh..plenty of bang for the buck...
    i reckon that boat could have been sold on for a profit!!

good deal if it works...thats the kinda stuff that sells now...
    not so good if the engine spontaneously combusts

ok its doesnt do everything but it was cheap... and im starting to think
    its maybe about buying something as cheap as chips - gets you on the water on
    those limited sunny days with a few friends and doesnt cost you an arm and a leg!
    the nicest days are when its as flat as a pancake.... and a fletcher does all that....
    this is like being on a roundabout..

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/2961950

that was a grand boat eh..plenty of bang for the buck...
    i reckon that boat could have been sold on for a profit!!

good deal if it works...thats the kinda stuff that sells now...
    not so good if the engine spontaneously combusts

ok its doesnt do everything but it was cheap... and im starting to think
    its maybe about buying something as cheap as chips - gets you on the water on
    those limited sunny days with a few friends and doesnt cost you an arm and a leg!
    the nicest days are when its as flat as a pancake.... and a fletcher does all that....
    this is like being on a roundabout..

That is actually what I would probably do if I was you. If you only spend 2K then the worst you can lose is 2K. If you pick up a 16foot early 90s boat you will ease yourself in...see how you like it, how the towing goes, whether the launching goes well and if the whole thing suits you.

If it does then great you can upgrade, if not a boat that you spend 2K on should be easy enough to sell on for that or just a minor loss. With a boat of that vintage you dont need to worry about depreciation so much.

There is some good value around at the lower end of the market.

That is sort of what I did over the last few years, I have owned a fishing boat for the last 8 years but I wanted something else for a bit of fun in addition.

First one I picked up was a little 13 footer, enjoyed it, Picked it up for 1600 got a good year out of it and sold it for 1500.

Used the money off that to but a pick up a 14.5 foot dory with a 65hp. Again enjoyed that and got a year out of it. Picked that up for 2100 and sold if for 1900 12 months on.

Used that money to pick up a 1996 16.5 foot fletcher Bravo with a 2001 75hp merc OB year for 3300. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the Fletcher. Its pretty good, will do 45 mph and is generally good fun. At the time I was looking at some maxums and bayliners too but with a similar age bayliner capri with a 90 hp merc costing around double the price of the fletcher or more I couldnt really say no the fletcher.

Its in storage now but here is a pic from the end of last summer.

flet3.jpg

If you go look at one, especially if its a mid 90s on and 16 foot or over you might think they are ok and they are very different to the 1980s 13-14 footers. If you can pick one up with a few extras you will be well sorted to get started.

If you are ever around Dublin feel free to come see mine if you want.

3300 looks like a good price for that boat!..its balls cause theres loads of boats but i couldnt be bothered traveling more than an hour or two for an if or a maybe boat and lads wont meet half way... which i dont blame really... but fek travelling especially when a lot of sellers seem to be in a breed of their own... different bunch of people! all wanting to sell but making no effort to sell and pretending not to be bothered..........tis odd.. a lot of sellers winge about time wasters but in fairness theres a lot of sellers who are time wasters! ive asked 3-4 to meet half way and none of them would have it... even though id be more obliged to buy then!! if u sell something like a boat there are costs... id even pay their petrol... free marketing.

Its odd cause some people dont even clean their boas b4 they post adds on donedeal... does them no favours....if u sell something its should look its best!! anything for sale should be immaculate especially the photo...like your boat there for 3300.... photo looks immaculate which makes a very good impression!

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/2993847

shes a beauty . engine too small though - clean as a whistle... if she was 90hp perfect

Prob should have bough this 1 but had no cabin!! the lad was sound out !! makes a difference who u deal with
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/2564344

Im hopeing there will be some good reasonably priced boats here for sale
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/2862850

Now that was a good boat - "to good to be true factor" smelt something a bit not right here!!!!! should have been 6k not 3k???? good deal or maybe dodgey deal
    http://fletcher.apolloduck.co.uk/display.phtml?aid=233381

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Patch85

Hi guys! its a long long shot! but im in Kinsale - is anyone near Sligo that knows about boats and would be willing to check the regal 176 150hp for me??

Its an 8 hour round trip for me & it could be for nothing...
    Just if someone was in Sligo anyways???????

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/2697015

or does anyone know a good boat mechanic who will survey an engine and boat for me in sligo please

Hi Ned i am in the exact same position as you are now and I was just wondering if you looked any further into the regal in Sligo. I will be making the trip anyway in 2 weeks time as was thinking of having a look at it. Can you tell me what you know about it if you dont mind he did tell me the sensor for the petrol gauge is not working

Hi Patch!
    -I thought The Regal was a sweet boat!
    -But i told the lad it had to be fully serviced b4 i got in the car and drove 7 or 8 hrs - and he refused.
    -After checking it out, i descided that i wantead an outboard powered engine opposed to an inboard (couldnt afford 4 stroke but that would have been ideal)

Anyway these type of boats (Regal inboard) have dropped by 50% in the last 3 years, so remember if u buy it and go to sell it your gonna get F*** all for it - its a luxury item in a recession so look it buy it if the price is reasonable - to many people believe that cause they bought a boat for 8k and did loads of work on it its worth the same that they paid or more (bullsihit), i can get you a baylier inboard 4.3 pimped up with every mod con u can imagine that the lads paid 22 for 3 years ago and spent 3k on - for 7k.. so remember CASH IS KING - boats are luxury non necessity items and some deals out there are superb.

The cold winters we saw recently killed a load of inboard engines - to replace with a new engine is 55 hundred squids.... so make sure u pay a mechanic to check it out! dont buy someone esles problem!
    I wont deal with assholes - and there are a lot of them selling boats.
    What u want is the same type of boat with an immaculate 4 stroke yam about 3yrs old ... but u will pay top dollar for that!
    Best of luck Patch

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭zacmorris

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

This caught my eye yesterday, no good for skiing but bang on for all the rest of your requirements http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/3277565

Advertisement