Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2012 - 1000 mile challenge - How far have you run since Jan 1st?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭elPadrino

Another lurker checking in. Hopefully I'll manage the full 1,000 this year. Good luck everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Marthastew wrote: »
    It's amazing the effect it can have on you... I was heading out on a run on Saturday and I relaised I hadn't charged my Garmin, I usually take this as a sign from above that I need a rest day but I still ran and then calculated my distance on mapmyrun.
    Will I still be this enthusiastic in March???:) I hope so

If you have no garmin record it doesn't count IMO. The run could just have been a figment of your imagination :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

menoscemo wrote: »
    If you have no garmin record it doesn't count IMO. The run could just have been a figment of your imagination :p

Now that you mention it.... maybe I did dream about that bracing wind on Sandymount strand.....

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bookworm85

Anybody mind if I join in?

Brand new to running and I'm using the couch to 5k at the moment. Week 9 this week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

I got removed from the sheet :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

How else was I supposed to overtake you :D

But seriously I think this could be the one downside to the new template and I think that unless people keep track of their miles in a backup for (say perhaps in there log) it could create alot of problems especially a few months in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

ecoli wrote: »
    But seriously I think this could be the one downside to the new template and I think that unless people keep track of their miles in a backup for (say perhaps in there log) it could create alot of problems especially a few months in

Yes. We can revert to an earlier version of the spreadsheet, but its a bit complicated to go back to a version that contains thirstywork2 without losing the real updates that have been made since he was deleted. Safest thing is for everyone to have their own backups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Does the table not autosort itself, and rank in terms of whoever has the most miles done?

Timmaay wrote: »
    Does the table not autosort itself, and rank in terms of whoever has the most miles done?

Page 2 of the table does

Maybe the running Gods are going to divide your many miles amongst us mere mortals?

Last night when I updated mine I ended up being two times on the list... I have no idea how. I'm way too scared to delete the second one in case I delete everyone else also:eek:
    I have started a log as a back up.

I also feel that I should be starting some kind of 2012 challenge for my brain:o, if it weren't for my Garmin I wouldn't stand a chance of adding up my totals and keeping track of my miles. I'm on the slippery slope to Alzheimers I think....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Breaks into the top 30 :D
    Thirsty you're there at the top when you click on positions down the bottom left but seem to be moved from your original spot, this would be explained if you've already added yourself back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Woddle wrote: »
    Breaks into the top 30 :D.
    sorry dave ur gonna have to go out again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BunsenBurners

Another longtime lurker. Decided to give this a lash this year. Great format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

hee hee shels4ever 0.01 of a mile ahead:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

ultraman1 wrote: »
    sorry dave ur gonna have to go out again...
    looks like u did...(rings frank to see if the is a sneaki 20 miler on the go)

Marthastew wrote: »
    Last night when I updated mine I ended up being two times on the list... I have no idea how.

I've deleted the lower value but I'm still outside the top 20. Maybe I should run the Conn ultra after all...

I've copied the running streak table in here as a third sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

ultraman1 wrote: »
    looks like u did...(rings frank to see if the is a sneaki 20 miler on the go)

yep you motivated me to get up at 5:50am this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

And yet another lurker... Too early to say, but so far this has been motivating me more than my next marathon.

RayCun wrote: »
    I've deleted the lower value but I'm still outside the top 20. Maybe I should run the Conn ultra after all...

Thanks Ray, I was hoping somebody would:)

What a pity for you, Conn sold out today, you would have loved the Ultra:D
    Not that I have a clue what I'm letting myself in for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

T Runner must be logging serious miles,im off top spot :(
    He must have a week off work !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

T Runner must be logging serious miles,im off top spot :(
    He must have a week off work !!!
    Nah. Worse. I'd say he runs to work, at lunchtime and then home :D Explains why he's at a standstill on the strength challenge :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Just updated the table but it's not automatically updating the total column ?

Crosses fingers and hopes she hasn't broken it :eek:

kit3 wrote: »
    Just updated the table but it's not automatically updating the total column ?

Crosses fingers and hopes she hasn't broken it :eek:

Fixed now. Did you type directly into the total column in a previous update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

RayCun wrote: »
    Fixed now. Did you type directly into the total column in a previous update?

Thanks for that. I've never gone near the total column - it has usually updated itself. Like the new set up but finding it a bit scary !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

And I'm off the mark! First run of the year after having a cough for the last
    couple of week. Also Santa brought me a forerunner so it was my first time
    running with it. Thought it was great, it really pushed me to keep my pace up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

First long run in a while today. Will be keen to up them too, with Kildare coming up in the middle of May. Just under 13 today, up Slade valley, between Rathcoole and the Blessington rd., if anyone's familiar with that part of the world. A testing hill, it's safe to say. Am agape at the mileage being clocked up, meanwhile. 215 miles in two weeks? God's teeth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Finally got my first run of 2012 in:D ...only 3 miles but its a start, so lots of catching up to do...not that i have a hope of catching most of you:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Right, that's me signed up. I'm always useless at updating these things so don't expect to hear back from me until 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Finally got my third run of the year in after the last week of doing lots of km's sitting on chairs going up hill and sliding back down them faster than is entirely sensible.

Advertisement