Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baltimore Ravens Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

If the Titans want a mobile QB to back up Mariota then RGIII is available for trade ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/b_perriman11/status/1035651997196869632?s=21

Surely he hasn’t escaped the cut yet again?

Looking at his other tweets I don't believe it's anything to do with making the 53

He's into the whole Ray Lewis praise jesus broadcasts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Not surprised Perriman was cut. He was too far down the order of receivers. They knew drafting him that his hands were weak.

Buffalo Bills first up this Sunday. Hopefully we can start with a win.

• Advertisement

Even if the offense is stuttery (and I suspect it will be) we really should have too much for the Bills at home.

I’d expect the defense to give Peterman and their offense a torrid time.

Can’t wait for the season to start! :)

Well, that was fun! :D

O-line were an embarrassment and the defense without Mosley looked completely lost.

Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

I know Buck Allen never fumbles, and is a better blocker, but it's criminal that Harbaugh doesn't use Collins more.

3-1, won away to the Steelers, our best CB back next week, Flacco looking fit and sharp with a group of competent receivers to throw to, oh and first round pick Hayden Hurst should be back next week too.

Things are looking promising!

• Advertisement

Enjoyed the Steelers game. John Brown doing well and Flacco has more options.
    Mark Andrews has a great chance to become key for us over the next few seasons.

Very disappointing but so Ravens.

The lack of consistency to be able to string two or three wins together is utterly scandalously for such a talented team.

I was in the weekly thread saying I hope we take this game seriously and show up as this is the last away game in the division and a huge opportunity if we could get to 4-1 with all of the AFC North to play at home.

Sigh.

Firstly, great to see that Alex Lewis was released from hospital and travelled back with the team.

Great win last night.

A bounce back game for Crabtree which was much needed and the D was unstoppable with a franchise record 11 sacks.

Humphrey is confirmed out tonight, could be a disaster against such a good passing offense. :(

How many more ****ing 3rd and 4th downs are we going to allow them to convert?

The usual bottle job from the Ravens when we have a chance to really push on. Even more galling when we were up by 10 at the start of the 4th.

Sick of it now.

You’ve got to feel for Justin.

He’s literally been automatic in his college and NFL career from XP’s, and in fact has never missed from within 33, a combined over 300 attempts!

Loved the way he asked to come out and face the media afterwards. I have no doubt he’ll bounce back from this and given the amount of games he has won us over the years, I don’t have a bad word to say about him.

As for Jimmy Smith and the rest of the defense last night.....

Beyond belief how we are 4-4. So many opportunities thrown away.

I know every team can probably find points in which they should have won games, but we really should be 6-2. It’d be such a waste of a decent roster on paper if we can’t kick on this season.

On another note, Jimmy Smith has been a super player for us over the years but man is he struggling since his return!

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1059869950997803008?s=21

An issue that becomes apparent time and time again.

Seems like Lamar may get the start on Sunday with Flacco’s hip injury.

It’ll be well worth watching if that’s the case. I remain very skeptical that he’s anywhere near ready (or that he ever will be), but let’s find out!

Lot of talk among analysts that the Ravens might be the best spot for Bell.

Cutting Flacco and using the cap savings to do a deal for him might not be a bad idea. It would also give Jackson a bit of breathing space in his first starting year.

I’m sure he’d love a crack at the Steelers twice a year too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Paully D wrote: »
    Lot of talk among analysts that the Ravens might be the best spot for Bell.

Cutting Flacco and using the cap savings to do a deal for him might not be a bad idea. It would also give Jackson a bit of breathing space in his first starting year.

I’m sure he’d love a crack at the Steelers twice a year too!

Not sure I like the thought of handing him massive contract just after getting rid of Joe. I'd love a marquee running back but their value in the league isn't what it was. What other FAs are there next year in that position?

Not sure I like the thought of handing him massive contract just after getting rid of Joe. I'd love a marquee running back but their value in the league isn't what it was. What other FAs are there next year in that position?

Murray, Gore, Coleman, Peterson, Yeldon, Mike Davis - those sort of guys :)

No thanks to an expensive running back.

Even before the whole Ray Rice incident some hoped the team would franchise him, work him hard and let him hit FA. He did get tagged and then recieved a 5 year 35 million deal and the next year barely rushed for 600 yds.

A good back can be drafted or found somewhere. Gary Kukiaks offense turned Seattle reject Justin Forsett into a pro bowler. Alex Collins another cut by Seattle

So, it didn’t look great for a while, but after coming up big in a huge game against the Chargers we now have a home game against the Browns to win the division.

There have been plenty of false dawns and let downs in recent years, no more so than last year, but what an opportunity this is.

Hopefully the fans will get in and get the stadium rocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

So, it didn’t look great for a while, but after coming up big in a huge game against the Chargers we now have a home game against the Browns to win the division.

There have been plenty of false dawns and let downs in recent years, no more so than last year, but what an opportunity this is.

Hopefully the fans will get in and get the stadium rocking!

Unbelievable win Saturday, well worth being wrecked all day yesterday. Defense played unbelievable football and Lamar did enough to get the job done, even showed signs of improvement in the passing game, that TD pass to Andrews was a thing of beauty.

Also, how good is Marlon Humphrey? He's been amazing this year. Lot of unheralded players in the defense but think our DC is the driving force, hope we keep him next year but I'm sure he'll have offers.

Tonight’s the night then guys.

Hopefully no repeat of last year!

Bookies have us 1/3 to win the game and favourites by a TD on the spread.

Are you feeling confident?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭Brian017

Tonight’s the night then guys.

Hopefully no repeat of last year!

Bookies have us 1/3 to win the game and favourites by a TD on the spread.

Are you feeling confident?

In a word, no :o:D

You can always rely on the Ravens to put your heart and blood pressure to the test.

FFS! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

The D came up big. Even the two overturned calls show how thin a margin of error Baltimore gave the Browns' offence.

• Advertisement

Well, that's it for another year guys.

A disappointing end although a divisional title and playoff appearance looked beyond the realms of possibility at the halfway point of the season before we went on a 6-1 run and pipped the Steelers to the divison, so not a disaster by any means.

What do you make of the decision not to pull Jackson? Personally, I think it was absolutely correct. Almost everyone in the main thread seems to disagree though! My reasoning is that the team have decided to trade/cut Joe in the offseason, and therefore rightly or wrongly have decided that Jackson is their man. Regardless of what you think of his long-term effectiveness, he went 6-1 to get us to the playoffs and pulling him at the first sign of adversity would have sent the completely wrong message, even more so for a guy that they have decided has no future with the team. Looking for some positives, Jackson won't be completely shattered mentally after the 2 TD's at the end bump up his stat chart a bit and he now knows the head coach has his back.

I've flipped and flopped on this over the last few years, but I'd like to see us get the deal with Harbaugh done and keep him. He's not without his faults but the players clearly like him and I can't stomach the thought of one of the same old "jobs for the boys" lads on the coaching carousel coming in. With Ozzie departing, as much stability as possible is welcome.

On that note, what a legend Ozzie has been for the franchise. Two Super Bowls, numerous Hall of Famers drafted, playoffs in 50% of his seasons at the franchise in an always competitive division and always an absolute class act. Irreplaceable. I wish him all the very best in his retirement and he will be sadly missed. Though I'm sure he has DeCosta well groomed and has left is in safe hands.

The main focus now has to be to try and improve Jackson dramatically as a passer while also developing an offense around him that consists of a plan B, C and D. We may well find it difficult to attract FA WR's with the type of offense we are going to be running anyway so some innovation may be the order of the day.

Advertisement