Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I think Sloane is common enough in America,e.g. American tennis player Sloane Stephens.

Or maybe it's yet another one of those surnames which somehow evolved into a firstname.
    "Sloane Beverly" sounds more like something outa 90210(not that I ever watched that tripe!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭George White

I think Sloane is common enough in America,e.g. American tennis player Sloane Stephens.

Or maybe it's yet another one of those surnames which somehow evolved into a firstname.
    "Sloane Beverly" sounds more like something outa 90210(not that I ever watched that tripe!!)

It sounds like a spa or a leisure centre or a hotel resort or something.
    "I'm going to the Sloane Beverly..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Bloody hell Sloane, that has given me fits of giggles what a cracking name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Corey.

An Irish Corey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Gobnait, Gobnet, Gobinet...

Just sounds so Gobby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

What's the story Corey? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Yahoo, Terminator, Scrotum, Burger King.

Plus: Guns.Lots of Guns:
    In 2002, only 194 babies were named Colt, while in 2012 there were 955. Just 185 babies were given the name Remington in 2002, but by 2012 the number had jumped to 666. Perhaps the most surprising of all, however, is a jump in the name Ruger’s (America’s leading firearm manufacturer) from just 23 in 2002 to 118 in 2012. “This name [Ruger] is more evidence of parents’ increasing interest in naming children after firearms,” Wattenberg writes. “Colt, Remington, and Gauge have all soared, and Gunner is much more common than the traditional name Gunnar.”
    "Hi, I'm Remington, this is my brother Ruger, and my sons Gunner and Gauge." :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

I had a girl in my class once called Seraphita Tarantula Abood, and she went by her middle name.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ebeneezer
    Elspeth
    Chardonnay
    Chad
    Brad
    Cornelius
    Bernadette
    Bridie
    Jacinta
    Florence
    Alphonsus
    Alfred
    Candy
    Brandy

...are all horrible names in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Ebeneezer
    Elspeth
    Chardonnay
    Chad
    Brad
    Cornelius
    Bernadette
    Bridie
    Jacinta
    Florence
    Alphonsus
    Alfred
    Candy
    Brandy

...are all horrible names in my book.

you've put a lot of thought into that hate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Elspeth is an awful one alright ... it's like someone with a speech impediment is trying to say Elizabeth. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

bnt wrote: »

Well you never know, "Colt" might be due to the bronies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

bnt wrote: »
    Yahoo, Terminator, Scrotum, Burger King.

"Hi, I'm Remington, this is my brother Ruger, and my sons Gunner and Gauge." :eek:
    So, if a kid has two of these in his first name, i.e. Remington Colt, would that be a double barrelled name??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Today I encountered a girl called Jlee. Prounounced like "Jay-lee", but spelled Jlee. And a perfectly normal Irish surname too. Ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There's a Senator in the Netherlands called
    Tiny Kox

I laughed so hard reading that this morning

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Robbie Keane's new son is called Hudson. You couldn't make it up... No wait, you could and they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭EnmxLP

My brothers friend works in a shoe shop and a traveller woman and her son were in and the sons name was ronaldo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Wayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Your Face wrote: »
    Wayne.

How come anyone called this or Dean is such bad news?

Calling you child either of these names is a virtual guarantee of having a little Satan under your roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Your Face wrote: »
    Wayne.

especially if surname is King or Kerr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Montinique

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Calling you child either of these names is a virtual guarantee of having a little Satan under your roof.

Aw poor Dean Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Silvia or Priscilla

Omackeral wrote: »
    Robbie Keane's new son is called Hudson. You couldn't make it up... No wait, you could and they did.

We lived in the U.S for a few years and a lot of what we would call lastnames are used as first names, eg Taylor, Tyler, Carter, Hudson etc

Personally I don't think Hudson is so bad, but then I knew a couple of kids with that name so to me its not very unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

You can throw Lee in their too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Liffey, wonder was that mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Worked with two women called Deirdre and Margaret, shortened to Dee and Mags.
    They even had it on their office id and email.
    I refused to comply, they were always Deirdre and Margaret to me. I've a big gripe with the use of Mags especially

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Bella.....sounds like an abbreviated version of....well nothing in a particular

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

Omackeral wrote: »

True, and I've already heard Robbie Keane saying that it's hard to get the baby to fall asleep, and the only thing that works is to rock Hudson.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Dyson , not Tyson but Dyson.He lives in Meath.

I know what y'all are thinking , where was the vacuum cleaner when he was conceived.

Advertisement