Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

GuessWhoEh wrote: »
    Shauna

It's my name, and I hate it. Even if it wasn't my name, I would probably still hate it. I can't put my finger on it, but I curse my mam to this day for calling me that. Her first choice was Ruth which I would accept

I like Shauna (its not my name in case you think thats why:pac:)..compared to some others I think you did ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Bonaventure

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

GuessWhoEh wrote: »
    Shauna

It's my name, and I hate it. Even if it wasn't my name, I would probably still hate it. I can't put my finger on it, but I curse my mam to this day for calling me that. Her first choice was Ruth which I would accept

Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Frank skinner
    a uk radio presenter called his son buzz.
    Wait til he goes to school ,
    people will tell him buzz off etc
    there should be a test ,
    if the name is stupid use it as a middle name .
    People should not be allowed to use up random words as a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

We should all take a moment to feel bad for these Khylarrees and Braysons as they will never see their sh*tty made up names on Coke bottles thanks to their parents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I know a guy called Kim.

He's a Kiwi, not a slight bit Asian..

I have an Irish male friend called Kim (he's a boardsie actually :D). His parents are Irish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

A girl I know called her new girl Piper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Worst I've ever heard is someone calling their baby daughter Isis... within the past 12 months.

https://baconkitty.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/biff-tanner.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

cantdecide wrote: »
    ...because I think I can beat them all. I swear I considered strangling the poor little bugger to death for his own good. Sit down. Calmly take a deep breath and prepare yourself...

Isis.

...aaaaand we're back to the start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

1979, Shantalla, Galway

"Come here, John Paul, an't'ill I wipe your nose"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

The children in my son's class have little name tags on their desks. I just saw the name "Brayan" - pronounced Brian. Now I know sometimes it's hard for French people to pronounce foreign names but Brian? Really? BRAYAN? It's awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

The children in my son's class have little name tags on their desks. I just saw the name "Brayan" - pronounced Brian. Now I know sometimes it's hard for French people to pronounce foreign names but Brian? Really? BRAYAN? It's awful.

Like a donkey! Poor kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Like a donkey! Poor kid.
    In French, it IS pronounced the same as Brian but God, what an ugly spelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

deadybai wrote: »
    A girl I know called her new girl Piper.

I know a kid called Paige.
    I always think it is in the same category as Piper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

A customer asked me to put the name of her new born child on an item she had bought from me.

Dixie-Rae

And in her finest Dublin accent,

" You won't forget to put the subtraction mark between the two names will ya?"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

weiland79 wrote: »
    A customer asked me to put the name of her new born child on an item she had bought from me.

Dixie-Rae

And in her finest Dublin accent,

" You won't forget to put the subtraction mark between the two names will ya?"

So it's Dixie minus Rae?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Worst I've ever heard is someone calling their baby daughter Isis... within the past 12 months.

https://baconkitty.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/biff-tanner.jpg

To be fair its not really their fault some braindead tools in the crazy east are trying to steal a cool name.

Everyone over there calls em Daesh. Why? cos its similar to the arab word for Bigot! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MrAviation

Mike Hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Friends have named their baby boy with the middle name Drico. At least they'd the decency not to make it his first name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

ElleEm wrote: »
    I know a kid called Paige.
    I always think it is in the same category as Piper.
    They sound like stripper's names.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cb9

I really dislike the name Toby. I don't really know why, I just know I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Just back from Florida and heard a guy in the airport giving out to his two kids....Miguel and Cornelius. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Cb9 wrote: »
    I really dislike the name Toby. I don't really know why, I just know I hate it.

That sounds to me more like a name for a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just back from Florida and heard a guy in the airport giving out to his two kids....Miguel and Cornelius. :p

Nothing wrong with Miguel unless you are talking about my most recent ex and then there is a hellavua lot wrong.

Why would any parent inflict Cornelius on their child though?

A cousin in America's daughter just had a baby girl last week and while am not dying about her first name Bianca I like that her 2nd name is Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Salóg. It's obviously Irish. But it sounds so stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

gammygils wrote: »
    Salóg. It's obviously Irish. But it sounds so stupid

Young Sally?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Thank you! I heard a dad calling his kid that last month and thought WTF but couldn't remember it for this thread.
    Why you would inflict that on a child is beyond me. It will only suit him when he hits his 60's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Just saw on Facebook that an acquaintance has had a little girl.

She's named her Sloane Beverly.

Beverly is bad enough as a middle name, but Sloane as a first name? Seriously?

I'm thinking that she must have had a very tough birth, and really hates the poor kid.

What a shit start in life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭George White

Just saw on Facebook that an acquaintance has had a little girl.

She's named her Sloane Beverly.

Beverly is bad enough as a middle name, but Sloane as a first name? Seriously?

I'm thinking that she must have had a very tough birth, and really hates the poor kid.

What a shit start in life!

Wasn't the girl in Ferris Bueller Sloane?
    However, Sloane Beverly sounds like a 2nd rate leisure centre.

Advertisement