Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

last week in liffey valley - 'Joe-sep-pee c'mere'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

last week in liffey valley - 'Joe-sep-pee c'mere'

Giuseppe?

In fairness it's very hard to imagine that in an inner-city Dub accent! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

There was a kid in my area years ago called Clement, i know a few barrys,usually short for finbar,or else the name barry itself as a baptismal name,but one Barry i know is originally named Barrence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

"Biddy Scarlet" - gawd help us!!!

There was a kid in my area years ago called Clement, i know a few barrys,usually short for finbar,or else the name barry itself as a baptismal name,but one Barry i know is originally named Barrence

Clement is awful.

I knew a Barry once, and I never really understood it. I mean, he was a very much loved wanted child. So why call him Barry, of all things? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Clement is awful.

To be honest i didn't think it was too bad,but unfortunately for poor clem,the rest of the estate didn't share my live and live outlook. A name like Clement just isnt practical in places like my old area.
    Funnily enough, in the same area,parents find it perfectly acceptable to call their sons Wayne, that's ten times poxier than Clement will ever be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

inforfun wrote: »
    The boy with the name Bellend (has no meaning in Dutch whatsoever) better stays out of English speaking countries i suppose.

Related :pac:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/7891632/Sepp-Blatter-given-embarrassing-nickname-on-World-Cup-award.html

Sepp Blatter, the Fifa president, received an award from the South African government under an unwelcome nickname
    after his Wikipedia entry was apparently sabotaged. The 74-year-old was recognised with the Order of The Companions of O R
    Tambo for his contribution over the World Cup. However, an official website announcing the accolade referred to the Swiss as
    “Joseph Sepp Bellend Blatter”.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I worked with one guy in Dublin called Ronald Mc Donald, obviously he was soo fed up of the cheeseburger jokes.

Another lad I was at college with was called Swintan Sex, seriously college lecturers didn't believe it was his real name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

There is a Prof. Ronald McDonald who's name was on the top of most
    of my uni exam papers. I never expected it, got me every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I worked with a guy called Willy Brett. Heading for 50 now, so hardly a child - but still fúcking hell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

_Brian wrote: »
    I worked with one guy in Dublin called Ronald Mc Donald, obviously he was soo fed up of the cheeseburger jokes.

Another lad I was at college with was called Swintan Sex, seriously college lecturers didn't believe it was his real name.

We had a teacher in school called Ronald "Ronnie" McDonald. Legend had it he took the rugby team to McDonald's after a match and they threatened to call the cops when he tried to pay by cheque.

He had curly red hair too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Had a trainee metalwork teacher with the surname Bates, ye can guess the rest...

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Your Superior

jca wrote: »
    Had a trainee metalwork teacher with the surname Bates, ye can guess the rest...

A very common surname in the UK.

New of a child called Richard Slicker. When registration was called at school in the morning he was referred to merely as R. Slicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I knew him growing up. Was friendly with his sister too. He wasn't a bad looking chap if I recall correctly! I once used his sister's birth cert to get into a niteclub in Rosslare and had to try hide my nordy accent and put on a Wexford one when the bouncers questioned me. Aw I miss the early 90's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I bet ye called him Norman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Along those lines we had a teacher called Mr Fap Challenge.
    You can imagine the nicknames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Witchie wrote: »
    I knew him growing up. Was friendly with his sister too. He wasn't a bad looking chap if I recall correctly! I once used his sister's birth cert to get into a niteclub in Rosslare and had to try hide my nordy accent and put on a Wexford one when the bouncers questioned me. Aw I miss the early 90's!

I hope it was you who was friendly with his sister, not him:pac: Did he qualify as a teacher after? I thought he was a bit too timid for the job tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I hope it was you who was friendly with his sister, not him:pac: Did he qualify as a teacher after? I thought he was a bit too timid for the job tbh.

ha ha....Not sure what he did next as lost contact with my friend down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I was reading a history book about the 1700s and there was a bloke whose real name was Clotworthy Skeffington.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I was reading a history book about the 1700s and there was a bloke whose real name was Clotworthy Skeffington.

I'm a research student investigating the 1600s, and the one of the best names I've come across is a man named Christmas Spurgent. Truly awful, although many people had names we would consider hilarious now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

No a kids name, but one I just spotted on Facebook all the same

Klaraghkaitlyn, as one word. What's wrong with C's and dashes?

One I just came across - Elyscia.

"I love the name Elisha but the spelling is way too common, so I made it a little bit different."

Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Fauchtna. .another mod Irish one I can't really spell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

I work on the (UK) Passport advice line. I get folks from all over the world calling in looking for application advice and progress updates.

as well as spelling issues like the muppets who called their son Issac......

the best yet was the get on Asian extraction, strong accent, last name Kaur or Akhtar or similar.....

but his three year old daughter.

was called

Swastika

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I just saw an article in a French newspaper this morning, a couple from Perpignan wanted to call their child Mini-cooper! This is the same town where someone else wanted to call their child Nutella. There must be something in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Twinky! Heard the mum calling the kid in starbucks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Fauchtna. .another mod Irish one I can't really spell

Fachtna isn't mod Irish, its just not widely used outside of west Cork. A recent Garda commissioner was a Fachtna.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Fachtna isn't mod Irish, its just not widely used outside of west Cork. A recent Garda commissioner was a Fachtna.

You just ruined someone's Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

Hear in Galway somewhere around 1979

"Come here, John Paul, and'tll I wipe your nose."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭emmiou

Lacey, Darcy and Marlow... all appeared to belong within one family.

Advertisement