Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Met an asian girl called yoyo before ðŸ˜
    Did you have her wrapped around your finger?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Psalm is pronounced as Samm, (UK/Ireland).

Biblical, see book of Psalms

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Oak
    branie2 wrote: »
    What plank came up with that name?

The branch manager.

Or whoever planted his seed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Oceania (in a plummy d4 accent)

Surely just named after her father, Seanie ? ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Cornelius - seriously, I know a Cornelius! Thats an awful name to be saddled with!

Quite common around these parts, usually shortened to Con or Neily, not as bad as another of Greek origin, which is less common these days for some reason...

Aeneas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Cornelius - seriously, I know a Cornelius! Thats an awful name to be saddled with!

Quite common around these parts, usually shortened to Con or Neily, not as bad as another of Greek origin, which is less common these days for some reason...

Aeneas
    That's cos people don't know how to pronounce it anymore. It's not how you think.
    An-EE-us.

Yeah, I suppose even with the correct pronunciation it's still too close for comfort. Couldn't do that to a child

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Daenerys , or something , lately from Game of Thrones.
    I mean wtf is wrong with people, at least Khaleesi could be asain but f*cking DAENERYS ???
    Setting your kid up to be slagged for life...

Of all the GoT names I reckon Brienne is probably the nicest for a kid. If you were stuck and a big fan. The rest of them I couldn't bring myself to name a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Daenerys , or something , lately from Game of Thrones.
    I mean wtf is wrong with people, at least Khaleesi could be asain but f*cking DAENERYS ???
    Setting your kid up to be slagged for life...

Of all the GoT names I reckon Brienne is probably the nicest for a kid. If you were stuck and a big fan. The rest of them I couldn't bring myself to name a dog.
    I really like Tyrion. But we've already established on this thread that I'm not fit to name a child, so don't judge me too harshly.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Heard someone shout 'Allegra!' in town the either day! It sounded dreadful.

maxsmum wrote: »

mcq24p.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

maxsmum wrote: »

Are we sure they weren't asking for the music to be sped up but just mispronouncing it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

A lot of cnuts in this thread. That's all I'll say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Well that’s not a very nice thing to say. Can’t really take the moral high ground when you’re going around calling people c*nts, can you?
    Pot... kettle????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I don't think that's an appropriate name for a child, so you're wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

If you’ve given your kids “unique” or “quirky” names, this thread probably isn’t for you

I always thought it was spelt Knut.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Rusty Hymen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Well that’s not a very nice thing to say. Can’t really take the moral high ground when you’re going around calling people c*nts, can you?
    Pot... kettle????

It's a fact that this thread is full of cnuts, I'm just calling it the way it is.

On the one hand you have empty-headed goons complaining about children called Molly, or about older fellahs called Cornelius, while on the other hand you have spiteful, smuggy twats desperate to feel superior to working class people or 'dole scum that watch too much reality TV'.

Enjoy.

It's a fact that this thread is full of cnuts, I'm just calling it the way it is.

On the one hand you have empty-headed goons complaining about children called Molly, or about older fellahs called Cornelius, while on the other hand you have spiteful, smuggy twats desperate to feel superior to working class people or 'dole scum that watch too much reality TV'.

Enjoy.
    I've only seen one cnut on this thread so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

I was just reading about the collapse of Jamie Oliver's restaurant group in the UK (1,000 people will lose their jobs, poor devils) and came across this:-

Jamie and Jools have five children: - Poppy Honey Rosie, 17; Daisy Boo Pamela, 15; Petal Blossom Rainbow, 10; Buddy Bear Maurice, 8; and River Rocket Blue Dallas, 2.

The pair of them should be locked up for child abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Enjoy.

No, no, no.
    We are not discussing the people attached to the names, just the name itself.
    Should every person on earth called Molly be personally offended cause someone on Boards.ie doesn't like it? Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Saw one today, ‘Dolcie’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

blade1 wrote: »
    I always thought it was spelt Knut.

Not so great that way.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Saw one today, ‘Dolcie’
    Is there a twin called Gabbana?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ipso wrote: »
    Not so great that way.

It used to be a name fit for a king.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

It used to be a name fit for a king.

And a little polar bear !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Just read an article today ,the mother is called dilly, her daughter is called bay.
    theres dozens of nice name s out there,
    so now people are just using random words for names .
    i watch a youtuber sometimes , her daughter is called clark,
    why in hell would you use a mans name for a girl.
    When theres loads of good girl names out there .
    its also slightly confusing .
    in the future if she send s a letter to someone ,fills in a form some people might think she is male .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Yermande

I was going to name my first-born Tamriel but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I haven't seen that in a while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭holliehobbie

Mason, Cameron and Travis. All boys. All sound like surnames or are surnames!

Advertisement