Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭holliehobbie

Mason, Cameron and Travis. All boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Mason, Cameron and Travis. All boys.

I think I’ve posted this before but I know of someone who spelled their sons name Maison instead of Mason to make it more ‘original’, and every time I see it written down all I see is the French word for house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

MJ and Harrison , accompanied by the yoke that spawned them ,sleeved on both arms , white T shirt, tan cargo shorts , baseball cap and beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

We know an Indian family, the son is called (sounds like) Cushelle, which also happens to be a brand of toilet paper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 antipuker

Paisleigh
    Not after Paisley shirts, or the rough Scottish town Paisley, just made up.

• Advertisement

The only MIA I know of is far from either of those. I think it's a lovely name myself.
    MIA is military parlance for Missing in Action.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cushtie

There was a kid interviewed on radio 1 the other morning about student climate change protest day. Her name.... Flossy.

Now I dont know if that was a short name for Florence or something else., but FFS parents what we're ye thinkig.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Cushtie wrote: »
    There was a kid interviewed on radio 1 the other morning about student climate change protest day. Her name.... Flossy.

There was another lady interviewed on one of the shows this week on radio and she was running in the locals and has just had her baby girl whom they called Nova. stars related or something but all I can think of is the Vauxhall

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

antipuker wrote: »

MIA is but Mia is a name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Yermande

antipuker wrote: »

She must be named after the father so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I had a grand aunt called Molly, the most cantankerous old b****h that ever wore shoe leather, smoked like a trouper, always coughing, blackened teeth and ulcerated legs, we used to call her "Hairy Molly" behind her back, nothing will ever make the name attractive to me.

I heard someone calling their daughter "Madison" on the street recently, what a horrible name, firstly it sounds masculine, second it's a surname, but mostly all I could think of was that sickly sweet drink marketed at women in the 70's, I took one look at the child's mother and my suspicions were confirmed, yes I am a snob.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Marty

MJ and Harrison , accompanied by the yoke that spawned them ,sleeved on both arms , white T shirt, tan cargo shorts , baseball cap and beard.
    I know a girl who named her kids Harrison and Scarlett and No, the Father isn't Joe Hansen!

Aska wrote: »
    There was another lady interviewed on one of the shows this week on radio and she was running in the locals and has just had her baby girl whom they called Nova. stars related or something but all I can think of is the Vauxhall
    The Vauxhall Nova didn't sell in Spain.
    No Va in Spanish means "Won't Go".
    It became the Corsa.

All the surname Clan.
    Troy
    Carter
    Clayton
    Calvin
    Cameron
    Carson
    Ryan
    Mason
    Madison
    Dean
    ...Obvs chosen from a phonebook. Where the Surname appears first.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yasmina

I worked with a girl who called her baby girl Andromeda.
    Swear to God.

My better half you grew up in the States finds it bizarre that so many middle aged and older Irish women were christened with saints surnames like Magella and Goretti being common but more bizzare ones that I've come across are Mazzarella, Loyola, Alacoque, Laboura ( that's right) and Cabrini, and one for the boys, Bosco, these are all Italian and French surnames.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Alacoque.? Oh dear God, could they not draw the line of life long penance by naming at Assumpta or Gobnait?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Seamai wrote: »
    My better half you grew up in the States finds it bizarre that so many middle aged and older Irish women were christened with saints surnames like Magella and Goretti being common but more bizzare ones that I've come across are Mazzarella, Loyola, Alacoque, Laboura ( that's right) and Cabrini, and one for the boys, Bosco, these are all Italian and French surnames.

Never come across anyone with these names, where do you live ?

Nobelium wrote: »
    Never come across anyone with these names, where do you live ?

Cork, sorry that should be Majella with a j not g.
    I was informed by the woman called Laboura, that her mother had great devotion to St Catherine Labouré.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Guess Bigi is a step up from Blanket, after being bullied.
    But still :rolleyes:

Cork, sorry that should be Majella with a j not g.
    I was informed by the woman called Laboura, that her mother had great devotion to St Catherine Labouré.

Alacoque is after St Margaret Mary Alocoque a french nun .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Alacoque is after St Margaret Mary Alocoque a french nun .

You know your saints!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Alacoque.? Oh dear God, could they not draw the line of life long penance by naming at Assumpta or Gobnait?

Gobnait has a really harsh sound to it.

You know your saints!

We had a teacher called Sr Alacoque and she loved telling us why she chose that name . ( she was a Dominican nun )

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭holliehobbie

Concepta is another horrible one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Concepta, attracta,consumpta, Gobnit, ignatius,agustus, ceptus,

Some of the names from my childhood that are of their times, but make me :eek: now.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Goretti is another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Bredabe wrote: »
    Concepta, attracta,consumpta, Gobnit, ignatius,agustus, ceptus,

Some of the names from my childhood that are of their times, but make me :eek: now.

I hope you mean Assumpta!!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I hope you mean Assumpta!!! :D:D
    It may have started that way, but by the time I met her, eveyone called her consumpta as is her granddaughter.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement