Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Malayalam wrote: »
    Ping's real name is Boo. Phew. At least the kid has a normal human name now.

He will probably try to sneakily swap places with Walt at some stage .!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    He will probably try to sneakily swap places with Walt at some stage .!

Boo has been assigned female at birth and Walt has been assigned male at birth ... but if they swap places we will hardly be able to tell :)

Boo has been assigned female at birth and Walt has been assigned male at birth ... but if they swap places we will hardly be able to tell :)

LOL I thought they were two boys . ?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Worker at my sons' nursery called Chiquita.

That's Bananas...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Hate to disagree but nature did the "assigning" about 8 months and three weeks ago.

• Advertisement

LOL I thought they were two boys . ?

They are. Boo is a boy's name - cf To Kill A Mockingbird.

Hate to disagree but nature did the "assigning" about 8 months and three weeks ago.

I was being ironic :)

Boo is the girl. They had a boy and a girl. Walt is the boy. Why do I know this? This is stupid to know. :(

Isnt it strange how so many " celebrities " feel the need to call their children some odd name ? I presume much of it is oneupmanship and attention seeking

Boo is the girl. They had a boy and a girl. Walt is the boy. Why do I know this? This is stupid to know. :(

Sorry!

It's really hard to tell on here sometimes, there are people who believe that lo!!!!

Isnt it strange how so many " celebrities " feel the need to call their children some odd name ? I presume much of it is oneupmanship and attention seeking

Walt isn't too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

That Ping/Pong stunt was PR genius. Now everyone knows!

Sorry!

It's really hard to tell on here sometimes, there are people who believe that lo!!!!

Well this would be your area but the National Union of Students (UK I think) has just published a campaign document that includes a push for the ending of "coercive" assignment of gender at birth. Those coercive midwife bee-atches!

Well this would be your area but the National Union of Students (UK I think) has just published a campaign document that includes a push for the ending of "coercive" assignment of gender at birth. Those coercive midwife bee-atches!

Yeah I heard that, I was even told (after telling a story about my mother's experience having me) that she "had no business doing that to you" - when told she was happy her first was a girl. Says me, "Why ?" - reply came "How did she know you were a girl ?".

Well granted it was the late 60s but still - scan, after the cord was removed - nothing but net etc etc.

Mental stuff!! In 22 years before she passed she never once treated me like anything but her child - if I wanted to play and watch sport, she was all over that; when I screamed like a banshee at a spider - she'd run and get my dad to kill it and when on my 21st I bought her a pint and one for myself and my aunt said "not very ladylike that is it now ?" she told her to f**k off!!!!

She had a daughter alright but stereotypes were not welcome in our house!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yeah I heard that, I was even told (after telling a story about my mother's experience having me) that she "had no business doing that to you" - when told she was happy her first was a girl. Says me, "Why ?" - reply came "How did she know you were a girl ?".

Well granted it was the late 60s but still - scan, after the cord was removed - nothing but net etc etc.

What??

Someone in the late 60s didn't know the difference between a boy and a girl?

Scans? Then??

'nothing but net' ???

:confused:

Life ain't always empty.

What??

Someone in the late 60s didn't know the difference between a boy and a girl?

Scans? Then??

'nothing but net' ???

:confused:

Saracasm re scans etc sorry!

"NBN" - Lady parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

So I encountered a guy today called Foster. Bad enough on it's own, but his surname is ... wait for it ... Child! Whhyyyyyy!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

So I encountered a guy today called Foster. Bad enough on it's own, but his surname is ... wait for it ... Child! Whhyyyyyy!

I really hate to be the person who does this, but that has to be lies.

I simply refuse there is a person in this world who didn't realise it wasn't a good idea to call their offspring "Foster Child"

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Toby...sit ..sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Quazzie wrote: »
    I really hate to be the person who does this, but that has to be lies.

I simply refuse there is a person in this world who didn't realise it wasn't a good idea to call their offspring "Foster Child"

Its unfortunate but that was his name when he was legally adopted by a lovely couple from South Africa, surname Child.

His original name was Foster Enda Allen.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Lovely James.

James being the surname.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

southstar wrote: »
    Toby...sit ..sit.

Moved into a new house recently, had some initial issues with the head of the residents board who lives a few doors down.

Was looking after my sisters dog at the time, big female GSD (the dog, not the sister) named Fia. Fia was not well behaved and required me roaring her name at her to stop her behaving like a lunatic in my back garden.

Head of residents board arrived to my door one evening asking why I kept shouting her daughters name....

Fia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

Girl in my daughter's class named 'Thea', but the North London accent reduces it to 'Fia' innit?

And I thought "Fiadh wouldn't be a half-bad name"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I know a woman called Titti.
    Honest to G*d it's her real name.
    Think she's Swedish or something like that but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I know someone who christened their baby 'Reggie'...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I know a woman called Lindsey Lindsay.

Lyndsay being her married name.

cantdecide wrote: »
    I know someone who christened their baby 'Reggie'...

That wagon Jessica Ennis did!

Just seen a student's name "Journee Couture".

I can't even write to her!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Day Lewin wrote: »
    I know a woman called Titti.
    Honest to G*d it's her real name.
    Think she's Swedish or something like that but still...

So do I, she's Italian and her full name is Letizia, Titti for short.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Les Behan?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Jamie Oliver's kids name:

Buddy Bear Maurice
    Poppy Honey Rosie
    River Rocket Blue Dallas
    Petal Blossom Rainbow
    Daisy Boo Pamela

I googled out of curiosity for weird baby names xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Imogen has to be up there in the top ten. It sounds like bad perfume. What happens when she gets married as she will no longer be a maiden?

Advertisement