Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th (delete as appropriate)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Good start to the weekend there. Makes a draw all the more a better result seeing as Chelsea won't gain ground.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Makes a win even better :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Or a loss not so bad (might as well cover all the bases!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Liverpool doing there best to drop three points

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Martin doing us more favours today again I see. I really must look up how many points Fulham have taken off the top 7.

Bolton just got a 3rd :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Three of the top seven all dropping points today with Arsenal, United or both dropping points tomorrow.

Takes the pressure off our lads a bit... coys!

Indeed it does,

Essentially if Utd win although we will be out of the "title race" that I'm sure none of us believed we really had a shot at we get a free pass against man city because nobody will have made ground on us.

The alternative of Arsenal winning and somehow we win is real dreamland stuff. I think I would begin to believe.

We loose and Arsenal win I think is the wost result. They'll gain serious momentum as we are going into a rough few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I just can't find it in me to hope arsenal win. But I also don't want to lose sight of our title rivals. /torn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

And in other news karma finally came around to bite wolves and stoke city on the ass! henry got sent off for stamping albrightons chest.:D:D:D

And Keano scored 2 pretty decent goals :cool:

I was delighted for Robbie actually. I hope he out scores Torres this season :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

ziedth wrote: »
    I was delighted for Robbie actually. I hope he out scores Torres this season :)

well worth a bet in paddy powers id say;)

great to see robbie having the grace not to celebrate his goals against his former club.if i scored that second belter I would still be running around the pitch celebrating:D

Could have been so so different. Need a Utd win now I feel.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Agreed Ziedth,

I think we need to be happier protecting 3rd than hoping for a result that benefits us in the 1st / 2nd place battle.

Not that I am suggesting for a second that we should give up on those hopes but I do think at this point I'd rather be 10 points clear of fifth than 2 points behind second with the chasing teams closer to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Agreed. Utd win for me, keep the chasing pack well back. I can't see how we could possibly win the league now.

Hopefully the lads will keep playing like they can still win it, but in reality it's gone now.

Huge huge game next against Wigan. Chelsea have a very tough game against Swansea.

This weekend could have been allot worse. We are still 10 points ahead of 5th

Huge huge game next against Wigan.

The Wigan game could make or break us imo. I agree that securing 3rd what we need to aim for now. Really important that we come back swinging after the massive disappointment of today. Knock 3 or 4 past them, and get the ball rolling again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

do we agree first should be deleted?

only asking so no biting my head off people ! :)

Delete 4th before we delete 1st :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

keane=cock wrote: »

Not until its mathematically impossible to finish 1st

DONT STOP BELIEVING!!! (Hold on to that feeEEEeeling)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Huge huge game next against Wigan. Chelsea have a very tough game against Swansea.

This weekend could have been allot worse. We are still 10 points ahead of 5th

Wigan will be bloody tough, a win and a good result for swansea would be fantatsic. Just to reopen the gap to fourth would be ideal. Away to liverpool after Wigan so it would be good to win the fa cup game and wigan game prior to that one.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, but Wigan should not be tough. If we seriously consider ourselves title contenders, then we need to hammer them. They are bottom of the league, and play awful football.

keane=cock wrote: »

I don't agree now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

I don't agree now :pac:

ha ha me neither......

Arsenal drop 2 points tonight & Necastle bizarely back up to 5th. Safe to say I should not have wrote them off. Good round of games for us it must be said. Liverpool game next and it's huge that we don't loose that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Wilshere better start putting his hand in his pocket, nearly time to pay out his bet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Yes the gooners are going through a rough patch but I wouldn’t write them off. They put a good run together not so long ago.

Current standings with next three games:

1 Manchester City 23 54 Fulham (H) Aston Villa (A) Blackburn (H)

2 Manchester United 23 54 Chelsea (A) Liverpool (H) Norwich (A)

3 Tottenham Hotspur 23 49 Liverpool (A) Newcastle (H) Arsenal (A)

4 Chelsea 23 42 Man Utd (H) Everton (A) Bolton (H)

5 Newcastle United 23 39 Aston Villa (H) Tottenham (A) Wolverhampton (H)

6 Liverpool 23 38 Tottenham (H) Man Utd (A) Arsenal (H)

7 Arsenal 23 37 Blackburn (H) Sunderland (A) Tottenham (H)

Safe to say that we have one of the hardest next three, I'd be very happy with 5/6 points out of it but we can't really have less then 4.

Thats some set of fixtures when you realise how many of the top 6 have to play each other.

Chelsea really need to take points off united if they are to stay in the hunt for a top 4 place. Hopefully they can do us a favour.

Similarily Liverpool need the points against us or else they can kiss top 4 good bye. But they could just as easily finish with only 1-2 points from the next 9 available.

City really do have big a chance when you look at it. with a bit of luck Liverpool might loose the next three and all but knock them out of it cause they looked good against wolves.

• Advertisement

Yeah the win in the Semi final of the cup seems to have spurned them on, they certainly took it to wolves.
    If we beat them I dont think there's any real danger that they will close the gap on us but they might still sneak into 4th (assuming we finish 3rd)

Cant see City dropping anything but united might drop a few betwen chelsea and Liverpool games so the best we can hope for is closing the gap on them.

Advertisement