Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th (delete as appropriate)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Exactly,

I'd rather 15 good games and grind out 20 wins/good results then play 25 good games and loose 13.

Playing great football is only a bonus IMHO. Most important to me is 3 points every gameweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yep, we need more of last night if we want to do well, grinding out a 1-0 win when wer'e not our full team, have a bad night with injuries and they have 11 men behind the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Newcastle on fire here! 2-0.... Roll on Everton!

Newcastle on fire here! 2-0.... Roll on Everton!

Please please end like this!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Newcastle actually look A1, too early to write them off I wonder? If they kept this kinda play up I wouldn't be surprised to see them push on.

• Advertisement

Even better!!!

If we beat Everton 14-0 we're up to second :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

If we beat Everton were level on points with Utd and 8pts ahead of Chelsea!

Spurs in a race for the title :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

ziedth wrote: »
    If we beat Everton 14-0 we're up to second :pac:

If we had of beaten city 14-0 rather then losing 5-1 we'd be top !!

Emoran wrote: »
    If we had of beaten city 14-0 rather then losing 5-1 we'd be top !!

When you put it like we're pissing it away :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

The Everton game is going to be so so important for us now not only in the sense of 3 points but knowing we are level on points with Utd might just give us the kick to really push for a chance at beating city and a serious title challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

-gilly-09- wrote: »
    but knowing we are level on points with Utd might just give us the kick to really push for a chance at beating city and a serious title challenge.

You must be very very young :D

Not gonna happen. Keep up the enthusiasm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Our remaining away fixtures till the end of the season: Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea, Sunderland, Bolton, QPR, Villa.

If our home form holds up and we can pick off some of the big guns away, a top 2/3 finish should be achievable.

I think we have 10 home games remaining now, realistically need to win 7/8 of those at least to get champs league.

Cant rule out either Arsenal or Chelsea going on a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭golfball37

When you see the away fixtures there its scary?

I think we are genuinely the best team in the EPL yet I wouldn't trust us to win any of them away games? How is is possible to reconcile those 2 extremes... the joys of being a Spurs fan !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Kompany with a 3 game ban, despite it being harsh it's very unlikely imo the FA will overturn it. That rules him out of the Spurs game :D:D Both Tourés missing too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

THFC wrote: »
    Kompany with a 3 game ban, despite it being harsh it's very unlikely imo the FA will overturn it. That rules him out of the Spurs game :D:D Both Tourés missing too:D
    Thats excellent for us could see it being over turned though Foy with another massive clanger it was a yellow at most.

Straight red for Kompany, 3 match ban, will miss the Spurs game. Both Toure's out too. Could be a good time to face them. Must get 2 home wins first though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Straight red for Kompany, 3 match ban, will miss the Spurs game. Both Toure's out too. Could be a good time to face them. Must get 2 home wins first though

Big help alright but we down Adebayor , Sandro and possibly Parker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

BERBA wrote: »
    Big help alright but we down Adebayor , Sandro and possibly Parker.

Adebayor????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Adebayor????

City own him so he not allowed play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

BERBA wrote: »
    City own him so he not allowed play

Ah of course, forgot about that being the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

providing we win our two games v everton n wolves, if we get a result against city we really have to be considered title challangers. ive not got above myself. i have more been keeping an eye on the chelsea, liverpool and ARSEnal results rather thewn the two manchester clubs but come on, should we win our game in hand and stick within touching distance of the leaders, eith the football we are playing this season! BELIEVE!

come on you spurs.

on the city game, adebayor is gonna be a massive loss for us in this game. will harry go with one up top?defoe? pav? VDV? or two with one in the hole? defoe and VDV? pav and VDV? or pav and defoe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

keane=cock wrote: »
    providing we win our two games v everton n wolves, if we get a result against city we really have to be considered title challangers. ive not got above myself. i have more been keeping an eye on the chelsea, liverpool and ARSEnal results rather thewn the two manchester clubs but come on, should we win our game in hand and stick within touching distance of the leaders, eith the football we are playing this season! BELIEVE!

come on you spurs.

on the city game, adebayor is gonna be a massive loss for us in this game. will harry go with one up top?defoe? pav? VDV? or two with one in the hole? defoe and VDV? pav and VDV? or pav and defoe?

injuries etc will prob decide this for us

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Did he not get a 4 game ban as it's his 2nd straight red or something ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Did he not get a 4 game ban as it's his 2nd straight red or something ?:confused:

Yes, 4 games i believe is correct, Man city are appealing it though. To be honest, it was never a red card, have a feeling it will be rescinded, and rightly so. However, will be a major boost for spurs for city to be without Kompany and the Toure brothers.

Interestingly City have looked awful against Liverpool so far tonight. Start of a slump I'm hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Interestingly City have looked awful against Liverpool so far tonight. Start of a slump I'm hoping.
    Hopefully ya!

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Time to appropriately delete 4th from the thread title !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Indeed, I unfortunately had to endure watching the 1st half. Slight cracks are appearing in the City team, embroiling themselves on decisions not going their way. Crowd were quite and you could sense that nervous tension amongst them.

Both teams were god damn awful to watch, City without Silva are mundane. Personally players like Barry and Lescott don’t make for a Premiership winning side.

The least we should get is a draw at the Etihad, if key players make it back, then a win is very much on the cards..

• Advertisement

^ Alan Shearer actually made a good point on MOTD last night (and it kills me to say it) that it's easy to win 3-0 every week the real test is when you are playing poor and you have to grind. Which they haven't been doing.

Advertisement