Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th (delete as appropriate)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Tell him "it's typical, spurs play well against the big teams, but bad against the poor ones" :D

Brilliant, i'm definitely stealing that :)

Or as someone else said to me when he saw the Arsenal fan walking around holding up 5 fingers on one hand and 2 on the other, "He's just remembering that we're still 7 points ahead of them".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

4 points now the gap between us n 4th. goons playin well n we are not.

fingers crossed for a result tomorro

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Could have been a worse day for us:

Liverpool are all but out now and Chelsea are doing everything they can to collapse in on themselves.

I fear Arsenal may catch us but a win tomorrow and i'll be very confident. Even if we loose tomorrow I think we are in a better position then arsenal in the finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Chelsea losing today was massive for us

Any kinda result tomorrow is a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Prior to last week I couldnt have given two hoots were Arsenal finished but now id do anything to a) finish above them and b) ensure they finish 5th or lower.

• Advertisement

Prior to last week I couldnt have given two hoots were Arsenal finished but now id do anything to a) finish above them and b) ensure they finish 5th or lower.

+1 , unreal the amount of cockiness now with goon fans in SF

A forthnight ago they were all calling for **** head :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Oh well, another embarrassing result against Utd. I don't know why they even bother playing these 2 games each year - might as well play some reserves, give the 1st team a rest and hand the 6 points to Utd at the start of each season.

Very worried about our form at the moment and being away to Everton next is not going to be easy either. Then it's home to Stoke and away to Chelsea. We're officially in the middle of our slump and we need to get out of it very quickly or we face being overtaken by Arsenal. Only for Chelsea making a balls of things we'd have a very dodgy next few games, looking down rather than up.

You can delete 1st and 2nd ...

Its very disheartening at the moment but had we beaten Arsenal we probably would have shrugged our shoulders at todays result and not dwelt on it too much.

Im p1ssed off with the FA, feck them and their england job. Feck them for sacking Capello. Feck them for delaying their decision.

I suppose one way of looking at things would be to think of where Arsenal where 4-5 weeks ago ... Poor results, poor performances, wenger heading for the door and the fans turning on their own players (walcot). Then a few good results and suddenly they are riding high.

We will bounce back soon. Thankfully we have stevenage soon and if we break the rut with some points at everton we should turn the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Firmly in a race for third now, could be a race for fourth in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Liverpool look to be firmly sliding into Mediocrity. How Kenny is keeping that job is truly beyond me.

Chelsea look on for the win unfortunately....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

The race for 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th or 5th or ****ing 6th (delete add as appropriate) :(

Not panicking just yet , looking at the run in for both us, chelski and arsenal , we on paper look to have the handier run in of the 3 with only chelski being our difficult game in 10 games we have left.

Where as chelski have to go to City , Goons , Pool and have us to play.

Keep the faith , hopefully we will snap outta this slump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

BERBA wrote: »
    Not panicking just yet , looking at the run in for both us, chelski and arsenal , we on paper look to have the handier run in of the 3 with only chelski being our difficult game in 10 games we have left.

Where as chelski have to go to City , Goons , Pool and have us to play.

Keep the faith , hopefully we will snap outta this slump.

Ye, would not panic just yet. Could get something from Chelsea if we turn up on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I took this from another Spurs site,with the remaining games for us Chelsea and the Arse.it's fairly realistic and shows that 3rd place is still a possibility.(cheered me up a small bit anyway)

SPURS
    (A)EVERTON(L)
    (H)STOKE(W)
    (A)CHELSEA(L)
    (H)SWANSEA(W)
    (A)SUNDERLAND(L)
    (H)NORWICH(W)
    (A)BOLTON(D)
    (A)QPR(D)
    (H)BLACKBURN(W)
    (A)VILLA(W)
    (H)FULHAM(W)
    TOTAL=73

ARSENAL
    (H)NEWCASTLE(W)
    (A)EVERTON(D)
    (H)VILLA(W)
    (A)QPR(W)
    (H)MAN.CITY(L)
    (A)WOLVES(W)
    (H)CHELSEA(D)
    (A)STOKE(D)
    (H)NORWICH(W)
    (A)WBA(W)
    TOTAL = 70

CHELSEA
    (H)STOKE(W)
    (A)MAN.CITY(L)
    (H)SPURS(W)
    (A)VILLA(W)
    (H)WIGAN(W)
    (A)FULHAM(D)
    (H)NEWCASTLE(W)
    (A)ARSENAL(D)
    (H)QPR(W)
    (A)LIVERPOOL(L)
    (H)BLACKBURN(W)
    TOTAL=72

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Glebee wrote: »
    Ye, would not panic just yet. Could get something from Chelsea if we turn up on the day.

Yes, win at home to Stoke and somehow get something from Chelsea. If we are still 3rd after those games we can go on a run again fingers crossed. I know its tough at the moment but lets keep the faith and not surrender to the Woolwich just yet. COYS!

@ tippspur, yeah reading that does makes things look better hey, for now lets get to Wembley COYS!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

tippspur wrote: »
    I took this from another Spurs site,with the remaining games for us Chelsea and the Arse.it's fairly realistic and shows that 3rd place is still a possibility.(cheered me up a small bit anyway)

SPURS
    (A)EVERTON(L)
    (H)STOKE(W)
    (A)CHELSEA(L)
    (H)SWANSEA(W)
    (A)SUNDERLAND(L)
    (H)NORWICH(W)
    (A)BOLTON(D)
    (A)QPR(D)
    (H)BLACKBURN(W)
    (A)VILLA(W)
    (H)FULHAM(W)
    TOTAL=73

ARSENAL
    (H)NEWCASTLE(W)
    (A)EVERTON(D)
    (H)VILLA(W)
    (A)QPR(W)
    (H)MAN.CITY(L)
    (A)WOLVES(W)
    (H)CHELSEA(D)
    (A)STOKE(D)
    (H)NORWICH(W)
    (A)WBA(W)
    TOTAL = 70

CHELSEA
    (H)STOKE(W)
    (A)MAN.CITY(L)
    (H)SPURS(W)
    (A)VILLA(W)
    (H)WIGAN(W)
    (A)FULHAM(D)
    (H)NEWCASTLE(W)
    (A)ARSENAL(D)
    (H)QPR(W)
    (A)LIVERPOOL(L)
    (H)BLACKBURN(W)
    TOTAL=72

This should be 69 points if it goes like that for chelsea. They have already played stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Free kicks and corners offer zero threat, who the he'll coaches this garbage? Ade should have came off earlier, he needs to be dropped. Why did Redknapp not make changes sooner?

Playing Modric or Bale out of position is inexcusable, I don't give a flying fúck who's injured. In Redknapp's interview he looked puzzled, miffed and lost for words.

After the game (1st time in years)I drank the guts of a bottle vodka, I could really do without that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

altho losing 3 in a row is hardly ideal its not like we have lost to 3 no hoper teams,utd,the gooners and everton are the form teams atm and until yesterday stoke were the only team outside the top 4 to beat us this season so im still confident of at least 4th.20 points from the 10 remaining games i.e 6 wins,2 draws will mean chelsea will have to get 25 points out of 30 to overtake us....very unlikely.
    big week for us,im confident of us beating both bolton and stoke but the daddy of them all is chelsea away next saturday morning,win it and we are back in the driving seat once again.

• Advertisement

It's the results that has me worried though, it's the fact that we've been playing quite poorly since Christmas now. The only memorably performance unless I'm mistaken was Newcastle at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

No you're dead right. We were scraping through games and just about getting results but were convinced that we were just playing poorly and still winning, like champions do! Unfortunately we seemed to have peaked in the first half of the season and one performance aside have not played particulary well since then.

I have to admit to being very worried as without Lennon and Bale on the wings, the team does not work. Anyone know how long Lennon is out for?

SuprSi wrote: »
    Anyone know how long Lennon is out for?
    Until Paddy's day according to physioroom, but they're never the most accurate with their return date's.

THFC wrote: »
    Until Paddy's day according to physioroom, but they're never the most accurate with their return date's.

Hopefully back for Stoke so or at worst Chelsea on the 24th.

The way I see it we just need a win from somewhere and i dont care how we get it - steal, lie, cheat - just f**king win! and then we will be alright.

We are used to scoring first and when that doesnt happen we are up against it. It took us until after everton scored to start to play and we looked a competely different team against Utd once we got a goal back.

altho losing 3 in a row is hardly ideal its not like we have lost to 3 no hoper teams,utd,the gooners and everton are the form teams atm and until yesterday stoke were the only team outside the top 4 to beat us this season so im still confident of at least 4th.20 points from the 10 remaining games i.e 6 wins,2 draws will mean chelsea will have to get 25 points out of 30 to overtake us....very unlikely.
    big week for us,im confident of us beating both bolton and stoke but the daddy of them all is chelsea away next saturday morning,win it and we are back in the driving seat once again.

swansea

keane=cock wrote: »
    swansea

Swansea did not beat us, it was a draw :)

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Swansea did not beat us, it was a draw :)
    :o

keane=cock wrote: »
    :o

It did feel like a defeat though at the time, late late equaliser.

• Advertisement

chelski winning the champions league and us finishing 4th ...we'd be out:eek:

christ they won't , will they?

need barca and real to sort em:D

Advertisement