Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th (delete as appropriate)

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Time to appropriately delete 4th from the thread title !

long way to go mate, things can change very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

Hatch99 wrote: »

Agree totally, We have a six or seven week period coming up in February and March that will define our season. Away games at Anfield,The Emirates, Stamford Bridge and Goodison Park. At Home against Man Utd and Stoke. These are all tough games, so we should take each game as it comes, starting this weekend with Wolves and then away at Man city. I would gladly take three points from Wolves and a point at City at this minute. I really can`t see us winning the league, we`re still a player or two short, top 4 is our aim, anything above 4th will be a bonus, but i`m enjoying the journey this season and the football that we`re playing is fantastic at times. COYS!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

At this stage, 3rd has the be the absolute worst we should be aiming for. No way we should be throwing away a 8 point lead on 4th place, and if we do, we don't deserve the spot.

Still hoping for a title challenge though :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I said it during our unbeaten run but if we are in with a mathematical shout of winning it come May I'll be overjoyed. I don't think we'll win it but just to be challenging come the end of the season would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The romantic in me will always dream we can win the title this season until it becomes mathematically impossible

... but I have to stick with my comments before/after the swansea game. Had we won that game I might feel differently.

I still fancy us to go to city and get a win next week.. which will be great for United but ultimetely we will drop points in Feb/March and eventually slip away. Anything less then 3rd now will be anti-climatic.

• Advertisement

.., least we not forget, Arsenal where still in the title hunt last season at this period and we all know how that ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

For me the race for 4th includes failing and coming 5th.

eg In the race for the premier league title only one team can come 1st and anyone else is below that.

I really can't see us falling out of the champions league spots tbh hence the call to delete 4th !

COYS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

We are going so well, way beyond my wildest expectations.

Since end of Aug we were only besten once and that was down to the worst referreing performance ever seen.

My point is this team don't lose games, wasn't so long ago where we went onto every game with a decent chance of losing.

Just an amazing time to be a Spurs supporter, loving it in a nervous kinda way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

We are going so well, way beyond my wildest expectations.

Since end of Aug we were only besten once and that was down to the worst referreing performance ever seen.

My point is this team don't lose games, wasn't so long ago where we went onto every game with a decent chance of losing.

Just an amazing time to be a Spurs supporter, loving it in a nervous kinda way

My sentiments exactly Shane. I am nervous just thinking about the City game already, its bloody fantastic times :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭TheLynx

I am confident of seeing Tottenham qualifying for the europa league as they will not finish in the top four, Harry Redknapps behavior regarding other teams players example Demba Ba is disgusting and I hope Tottenham fall on their faces

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

TheLynx wrote: »
    I am confident of seeing Tottenham qualifying for the europa league as they will not finish in the top four, Harry Redknapps behavior regarding other teams players example Demba Ba is disgusting and I hope Tottenham fall on their faces

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. This is a Spurs forum

KingdomYid wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly Shane. I am nervous just thinking about the City game already, its bloody fantastic times :D

calm down lads, one game at a time, wolves on sat first ;)

Cheers, bye bye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

This how you know your team is finally starting to make it. When people become bitter! Haha I love it.

calm down lads, one game at a time, wolves on sat first ;)

Oh I know John, one game at a time but I would not be a Spurs fan if I did not dream of greater things and expect 3pts against Wolves at home ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

looking at the fixture list this season all our big games are bunched up together rather than spread out. we have liv, nufc, arse and man u all in a few weeks. if were still 3 points off the top come march 3rd then we have a real shot of winning it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

McCarthy, McLeish, O'Neill, Martinez all praising the quality of the Spurs.... 'they're the team to beat', 'what a run they're on', 'fantastic football being played by Harry's boys' :eek:

The wonder of being a Spurs fan, too nervous to enjoy the excitement, Vertigo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Harry Redknapps behavior regarding other teams players example Demba Ba is disgusting and I hope Tottenham fall on their faces

Yeah Arry's a bit if a cnut like that ........but he's our cnut ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

McCarthy, McLeish, O'Neill, Martinez all praising the quality of the Spurs.... 'they're the team to beat', 'what a run they're on', 'fantastic football being played by Harry's boys' :eek:

The wonder of being a Spurs fan, too nervous to enjoy the excitement, Vertigo!

Haha how true!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Table doesn't make for bad reading after the Arsenal game. If City somehow drop points then it hasn't been as bad a weekend as it could have been.

• Advertisement

Talk of a title challenge is all great and everything and is new to us all, but it must be said we are looking bloody good for Champions League football now unless we have an absolute collapse in the second half of the season. COYS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Talk of a title challenge is all great and everything and is new to us all, but it must be said we are looking bloody good for Champions League football now unless we have an absolute collapse in the second half of the season. COYS!!!!
    This is how I look at it also,when the weekend results are all in I look at Arsenal,Chelsea,and Liverpool results and every time one of those teams get a poor result it's great for our CL prospects,everyone should calm down on the title challenge thing.:cool::

3rd has to be the target, and if we get it, it would be brilliant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

3rd has to be the target, and if we get it, it would be brilliant.

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning. Obviously, we should try and win it, as it's still on the cards. But i'll actually be disappointed if we only get 4th this year (which is a mental thing to say :P).

I think I got carried away with myself looking up the table. Take Utd/Arsenal next week before our wolves game I'd be hoping for an Arsenal win but I'm a bit more grounded now so I hope Utd hammer them.

After the Modric drama in the summer the thoughts of finishing ahead of Chelsea make me giddy so that has got to be out priority now.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

ziedth wrote: »
    I think I got carried away with myself looking up the table. Take Utd/Arsenal next week before our wolves game I'd be hoping for an Arsenal win but I'm a bit more grounded now so I hope Utd hammer them.
    After the Modric drama in the summer the thoughts of finishing ahead of Chelsea make me giddy so that has got to be out priority now.

How about a draw?

In a perfect world we'd beat City and they'll draw of course but I more mean that if someone had to win that game I'll pick utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭tomo75

Ideally, hard it is to say it but I would prefer Chelsea to finish outside the top 4 even if it meant Arse got it. Very hard to poach players when you are playing EL football :D

So the next three games for the top 7:

POS CLUB P PTS FIXTURE 1 FIXTURE 2 FIXTURE 3
    1 Manchester City 21 51 Tottenham (H) Everton (A) Fulham (H)

2 Manchester United 21 48 Arsenal (A) Stoke (H) Chelsea (A)

3 Tottenham Hotspur 21 46 Man City (A) Wigan (H) Liverpool (A)

4 Chelsea 21 40 Norwich (A) Swansea (A) Man Utd (H)

5 Arsenal 21 36 Man Utd (H) Bolton (A) Blackburn (H)

6 Newcastle United 21 36 Fulham (A) Blackburn (A) Aston Villa (H)

7 Liverpool 21 35 Bolton (A) Wolverhampton (A) Tottenham (H)

I think we need 5 points if not 6 from the next three games. One thing in our favour is that I can't see anyone winning the next three on the trot.

• Advertisement

I think we need 5 points if not 6 from the next three games. One thing in our favour is that I can't see anyone winning the next three on the trot.

Except us obviously!

But seriously, if city beat spurs i think they will win all 3 on the trot.

Advertisement