Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL DRAFT 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭spillit67

I enjoyed this on Grantland from Klosterman.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Almost positive that it's on ESPN again this year. Have the Friday booked off work and all :D

Likewise, but I panicked this morning thinking today was Draft day and I booked the wrong Friday off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Almost positive that it's on ESPN again this year. Have the Friday booked off work and all :D

Likewise, but I panicked this morning thinking today was Draft day and I booked the wrong Friday off.

How long do the teams get to make their selection in the real draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

What moves do people think will happen next week? What players will be taken early, suprise trades, players who slide?

My predictions:

The Rams take Fletcher Cox with their 6 pick

Jonathan Martin (yes I know I stupidly mocked him to the Dolphins in our draft) will slide massively and will be on the board when the Giants are picking at 32

The Patriots trade away their number 31 pick to the Browns who take Brandon Weedon with it

Trent Richardson will be the only running back to go in the 1st round

SK1979 wrote: »
    How long do the teams get to make their selection in the real draft?

During the draft, one team is always "on the clock." In Round 1, teams have 10 minutes to make their choice (previously 15). The decision time drops to 7 minutes (previously 10) in the second round and 5 minutes in Rounds 3–7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭The Rooster

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Was on ESPN last year so hoping same again this year. Dont see why it wont be (fingers crossed)

According to the ESPN UK website, there's UFC on ESPN and Live MLB on ESPN America.

A week or so ago the listing said it was showing the draft on ESPN, but now its been switched to UFC.
    I think some emails to ESPN UK would not hurt.

According to the ESPN UK website, there's UFC on ESPN and Live MLB on ESPN America.

A week or so ago the listing said it was showing the draft on ESPN, but now its been switched to UFC.

:mad: yea same on my sky box

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Nerd, Grudens qb camp with cousins, wilson and moore are all on youtube.

Saw the Kirk Cousins and Case Keenum episodes last night.

If it were me i'd pass on both. Cousins comes across badly in my opinion and god help Keenum has taken some battering in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

:mad: yea same on my sky box

This is sick. Is it even live UFC? Will be disgusted if this is not shown.:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

This is sick. Is it even live UFC? Will be disgusted if this is not shown.:(

ESPN have been showing live UFC on a friday night all year I think :( Would be very surprised if they didn't end up showing it on America though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

If you have gamepass, you can watch the draft on it.

I think it might be streamed on NFL.com too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yes, will be streamed on nfl.com

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just checked the ESPN listings about 10 minutes ago and there's no Draft :eek: :mad:. I was just about post a question about this, then I spotted your post. Have I now taken next Friday off for no reason? :mad: I have emailed my opinion on this/feedback to ESPN here.

Just checked the ESPN listings about 10 minutes ago and there's no Draft :eek: :mad:. I was just about post a question about this, then I spotted your post. Have I now taken next Friday off for no reason? :mad: I have emailed my opinion on this/feedback to ESPN here.

:mad: Just registered my complaint too

They even have the Luck and RGIII Gruden QB camps being re-aired thursday evening in anticipation of the draft ****sigh :( ****

Unfortunately ESPN America have sent this to a user over on the NFL UK forums:
    Hello Mike,

Sorry for the time taken its to reply to your query. I had to investigate as to how you may have seen said promo.

The NFL Draft was originally scheduled to air on ESPN UK not ESPN America, but I?m afraid we no longer hold the rights to air the Draft this season in the UK and must apologize if you saw a promo promoting this in the UK.

It is likely you saw a vignette promoting draft prospects and processes which we use to help keep fans in the know about the upcoming draft but do not mention a tune-in time or date as we do not air the NFL Draft on ESPN America. Sorry for any confusion.

On the plus side for you J

The NFL Draft will be aired live by the NFL on line at NFL.com
    http://www.nfluk.com/tickets-events/draft

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further queries

Best regards

Nick

Nicholas Smith
    Marketing

It is advertised here on their website that it will be shown, but it doesn't look too good given the above reply and the TV guide scheduling.

As far as I know, we have the following options if it's not on ESPN.

NFL.com
    Follow the 2012 NFL Draft Online with NFL.com LIVE Presented by Courtyard by Marriott: On Thursday, April 26 at 7:30 p.m. ET and Friday, April 27 at 6:30 p.m. ET, NFL.com LIVE Presented by Courtyard by Marriott provides comprehensive coverage of the 2012 NFL Draft. Host Matt "Money" Smith and analyst Bucky Brooks analyze each team's selections, while Michael Fabiano, Jason Smith and Adam Rank offer the fantasy implications of each pick from NFL Network's Los Angeles studios. On Saturday, NFL.com LIVE will stream NFL Network's coverage of Rounds 4-7 beginning at noon ET.

NFL Network Monthly Subscription for €3.49
    Forty-Eight Hours of Live "Draft Week Coverage": NFL Network provides 48 hours of live "Draft Week" coverage Monday, April 23 through Sunday, April 29. First-round coverage of the 2012 NFL Draft Presented by Verizon kicks off Thursday, April 26 at 8 p.m. ET. Rounds 2 and 3 begin Friday, April 27 at 7 p.m. ET, followed by Rounds 4-7 Saturday, April 28 at noon ET.

Of course, NFL Network is also included in your Game Pass package if you have that.

And if all else fails, you can follow the first round of the draft on BBC Radio 5 Live.

There will of course be the usual streams floating about too if you're into that.

I'll have the take the radio option as my internet connection at home wont cut it

***deep sigh :( ****

Time for a pop quiz.

You are Alfonzo Dennard. You have gone from being a certain first round pick to most likely a second. In an effort to boost your draft stock, which of the following do you decide to do to remind NFL teams that you're a good guy that deserves a place on their team?

a) Set up a charity that takes kids in off the streets and shows them the benefits of sport.

b) Refuse any payments offered for pre-draft media interviews, merchandise deals etc. and instead request that a donation be made to charity instead.

or

c) Get in a fight outside a bar less than one week before the draft, and punch a police officer in the face when he tries to intervene.

Bonus point question - which do you think Alfonzo Dennard went and did?

Answer here.

Seriously, how are these guys so stupid? All you have to do is stay out of trouble for 4 months. It's not that hard. What an other-wordly idiot.

If i'm Stephon Gilmore i'm sending Dennard and Jenkins christmas cards this year as due to their stupidity he is prob now a top 15 pick.

The mind boggles at the lack of cop on of these guys.

How the hell did I miss the fact that Chandler Jones is Jon Jones brother, aswell as Artur Jones brother. Literally just heard it for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Unfortunately ESPN America have sent this to a user over on the NFL UK forums:

It is advertised here on their website that it will be shown, but it doesn't look too good given the above reply and the TV guide scheduling.

As far as I know, we have the following options if it's not on ESPN.

NFL.com
    Follow the 2012 NFL Draft Online with NFL.com LIVE Presented by Courtyard by Marriott: On Thursday, April 26 at 7:30 p.m. ET and Friday, April 27 at 6:30 p.m. ET, NFL.com LIVE Presented by Courtyard by Marriott provides comprehensive coverage of the 2012 NFL Draft. Host Matt "Money" Smith and analyst Bucky Brooks analyze each team's selections, while Michael Fabiano, Jason Smith and Adam Rank offer the fantasy implications of each pick from NFL Network's Los Angeles studios. On Saturday, NFL.com LIVE will stream NFL Network's coverage of Rounds 4-7 beginning at noon ET.

NFL Network Monthly Subscription for €3.49
    Forty-Eight Hours of Live "Draft Week Coverage": NFL Network provides 48 hours of live "Draft Week" coverage Monday, April 23 through Sunday, April 29. First-round coverage of the 2012 NFL Draft Presented by Verizon kicks off Thursday, April 26 at 8 p.m. ET. Rounds 2 and 3 begin Friday, April 27 at 7 p.m. ET, followed by Rounds 4-7 Saturday, April 28 at noon ET.

Of course, NFL Network is also included in your Game Pass package if you have that.

And if all else fails, you can follow the first round of the draft on BBC Radio 5 Live.

There will of course be the usual streams floating about too if you're into that.

:eek: no ritch eisen on nfl network??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

How the hell did I miss the fact that Chandler Jones is Jon Jones brother, aswell as Artur Jones brother. Literally just heard it for the first time.
    So I guess you were watcing Jones/Evans.

eagle eye wrote: »
    So I guess you were watcing Jones/Evans.

Yep, they mentioned he had a brother in the NFL, and another one who soon would be. Was trying to think who it was, only one I could think of was Marvin Jones! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

€3.49 for one months NFL Network subscription for the draft is very good value to be fair, considering ESPN would be €15.

This is pretty cool, it's the 1981 Draft. Fans were just as rowdy as they are today, and some great players picked, none more so than LT with the 2nd overall pick.

The remaining parts should be in the related videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'm not getting this. Will there be less coverage on NFL.com of the draft than there was last year?

I'll have the take the radio option as my internet connection at home wont cut it

***deep sigh :( ****

Don't rule out NFL Network. I signed up for it (stupidly signed up for an annual subscription by accident! :o) but the quality is perfect and I have a pretty pathetic internet connection too. It says as long as you have a 2mb internet connection it will play in it's highest quality. The player will adjust it's quality too if you don't quite have the capacity for the HQ. NFL.com is always on the money when it comes to their media, don't get it mixed up with what your computer might be like when you're trying to watch free streams and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Don't rule out NFL Network. I signed up for it (stupidly signed up for an annual subscription by accident! :o) but the quality is perfect and I have a pretty pathetic internet connection too. It says as long as you have a 2mb internet connection it will play in it's highest quality. The player will adjust it's quality too if you don't quite have the capacity for the HQ. NFL.com is always on the money when it comes to their media, don't get it mixed up with what your computer might be like when you're trying to watch free streams and the like.

Might look into this before the weekend, give it a month and see what the loading and streaming is like first before paying for the whole lot before the season. Sounds promising though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Anyone follow Greg Cosell
    All he does is watch tape, if you follow him on twitter he's constantly giving his opinions on players and it's based on what he sees

Here's his mock draft
    http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/23/cosell-talks-mock-draft/?module=HP11_hot_topics

Few shockers in there
    Well shockers is strong but it's different to most everyone elses

I love Dont'a Hightower to the Ravens though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Anyone follow Greg Cosell
    All he does is watch tape, if you follow him on twitter he's constantly giving his opinions on players and it's based on what he sees

Here's his mock draft
    http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/23/cosell-talks-mock-draft/?module=HP11_hot_topics

Few shockers in there
    Well shockers is strong but it's different to most everyone elses

I love Dont'a Hightower to the Ravens though

Wow, some very interesting picks there. Nice idea to draft solely off tape but we all know potential and physical attributes will play a big part when draft day comes around.

Could be interesting to look back at in a few years however in order to see how the players who looked good on tape have performed relative to the players who were drafted on raw potential.

After looking at that mock I'm also becoming really intrigued with Chandler Jones. He seems to be forever on the rise and I noticed that Mike Mayock has moved him to his top DE prospect. Could be a bit of a surprise riser on draft day.

Advertisement