Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Indo supporting animal cruelty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I'm having fox in orange sauce for lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

What kind of a f ucking prick would you have to be to want to partake in this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

You'll all be sorry when there are no more Glacier Mints.

KTRIC wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what they aren't or are classed as. Being chased and torn apart by a bunch of angry blood hounds is not a fitting end for any animal.

Sure we kill cows and pigs etc but in a humane manner and the animal is dead before it knows it. Put yourself in the foxes position and ask would you like it ??

Sorry, but that isn't true. Despite the fact that I agree with the rest of your post.

SisterAnn wrote: »
    Did God grant you this right or something? I'm genuinely curious where the source of all this patronising is.

Did God grant you to right to slaughter innocent animals?

• Advertisement

And furthermore nobody give's a bollix about Christmas tree's being cut down and then some cnut always says artificial ones are better.You try and hang decorations on a fox and see how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

MagicSean wrote: »
    Foxes are vermin and would probably be killed anyway. At least this way he gets a chance of getting away and getting some bragging rights for when he's looking for mrs fox.

wrong

foxes actually contribute quite a bit in rodent population control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

What makes me laugh is that these cretins actually call themselves hunters.

20 odd dogs and 'men' on horseback versus one fox..

'hunters' my ****in ass.

The average household moggie has more hunting skills that the whole troop of twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭SisterAnn

ItsAWindUp wrote: »

Country people have an inalienable right to defend their livestock, and it would be a cruel God who would deny us. Be it dogs worrying sheep or a fox after hens we are right to eliminate the threat. At least the hunt gives the little sneaky blighter a chance. It's not his worst enemy.They'll be sure to get both barrels around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Now that the Poles are all but gone home I think we should spare the fox and hunt the swan's with hounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭excaliburhc

sorry m8 i agree with itsAWindup not sisterann. my bad - poor quoting :D
    ItsAWindUp wrote: »

also according to your bible (im guessing catholic ?)
    Proverbs 12:10 ESV / 20 helpful votes

Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel.

Psalm 147:9 ESV / 8 helpful votes

He gives to the beasts their food, and to the young ravens that cry.

Deuteronomy 25:4 ESV / 8 helpful votes

“You shall not muzzle an ox when it is treading out the grain.

Genesis 1:30 ESV / 8 helpful votes

And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.

i dont even believe in that crap and even i know it is wrong to hurt animals.

its as cruel as **** and reflects badly on all of us. its not enough that we encroach on their terrortory forcing them to enter our cities / villages to eat but we also have to chase them for fun.

if you cant see anything wrong with chasing down and mauling of an innocent then you have some serious issues.

oh and as a country person this is my view - we are not all Neanderthals out only for ourselves and a laugh

wrong

wrong

I've never heard of a fox setting trap's for mice or rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Dear right-on, vegetarian, liberal lefty Citydwellers,

If we country folk ever become absolutely clueless and need to resort to someone else to tell us what to do and how to live our lives, we promise to to give you first option. Until then, we'll thank you to leave us be.

Kind regards,
    Your country cousins.

Please don't tar all country cousins with your sickening brush. You don't have to be from the city to see how wrong hunting is.

Country people have an inalienable right to defend their livestock, and it would be a cruel God who would deny us. Be it dogs worrying sheep or a fox after hens we are right to eliminate the threat. At least the hunt gives the little sneaky blighter a chance. It's not his worst enemy.They'll be sure to get both barrels around here.

What absolute crap. It's simply done as a form of 'enjoyment', and what sort of sub-human would enjoy something like that? And why do you continue to drag thread off topic and turn it into a city vs countryside debate?

Proverbs 12:10 ESV / 20 helpful votes

Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel.

Psalm 147:9 ESV / 8 helpful votes

He gives to the beasts their food, and to the young ravens that cry.

Deuteronomy 25:4 ESV / 8 helpful votes

“You shall not muzzle an ox when it is treading out the grain.

Genesis 1:30 ESV / 8 helpful votes

And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.

i dont even believe in that crap and even i know it is wrong to hurt animals.

its as cruel as **** and reflects badly on all of us. its not enough that we encroach on their terrortory forcing them to enter our cities / villages to eat but we also have to chase them for fun.

if you cant see anything wrong with chasing down and mauling of an innocent then you have some serious issues.

oh and as a country person this is my view - we are not all Neanderthals out only for ourselves and a laugh

I'm not a Catholic actually. But let me quote you something else: "Thou shalt not kill".

Deist actually so thanks but no thanks for your 'revealed religion' quotes!:D

Saying somebody is a Neanderthal because they follow tradition is a poor argument.

A lot of the hunting opponents have a very Disney-ized view of nature. We raise hens for food and have a right to defend them. If the fox is in competition with us in that regard, tough for him. Accept that nature is based on competion and stop trying force some idealized harmony on it that does not exist. He is not a cuddly forest creature. He is vermin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

If we country folk ever become absolutely clueless and need to resort to someone else to tell us what to do and how to live our lives, we promise to to give you first option. Until then, we'll thank you to leave us be.

Kind regards,
    Your country cousins.

There are intelligent people who live in the country too though. Not all of us go round destroying other peoples property trying to kill things thinking its a great day out.

Pull the other one. One man with a shotgun can take out a fox that makes a habit of hassling livestock you dont need 100+ idiots on horseback. You cant justify it so leave off with this "protecting livestock" bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭excaliburhc

yeah sorry m8 i misquoted , meant to grab Sisteranns ramblings -
    my apologies .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

wrong

I read that in his voice.

Its a very polarising subject and i think it actually sustains the stand off between the pro and anti sides. Its very extreme from both sides, i've never really heard any moderate debate on the subject which might create a proper resolution for people to enjoy the day out on their horses without torturing and victimising a poor animal.

I've heard a few people representing the pro hunting brigade on the radio (Matt Cooper etc) and they sound like the most inbred, toffee nosed twats you'd ever meet in your life, but on the other hand the anti hunting element are a crowd of tofu eating, fight da powah, lefty crusties.

It always seems to spiral into a shouting match between the two and the same can be said of what is going on here.

Both sides seem to be overly represented by caricatures of what they stand for and it really doesnt help.

Thats just my inner liberal, hippy douchebag opinion on it. Why cant we all get along? Mannnnn....

Deist actually so thanks but no thanks for your 'revealed religion' quotes!:D

Saying somebody is a Neanderthal because they follow tradition is a poor argument.

A lot of the hunting opponents have a very Disney-ized view of nature. We raise hens for food and have a right to defend them. If the fox is in competition with us in that regard, tough for him. Accept that nature is based on competion and stop trying force some idealized harmony on it that does not exist. He is not a cuddly forest creature. He is vermin.

Saying that somebody is a Neanderthal because they enjoy hunting and killing animals for 'sport' is not only fair, but pretty accurate too.

• Advertisement

Dionysus wrote: »

There are other legal acts of savagery in the countryside still, "beating" pheasants being the one which I remember most. Local lads would be paid for the day to run through forests frightening and goading all the birds and then when the pheasants would fly out unspeakable people who paid €800 for the day's "hunting" would shoot them. What an extraordinarily challenging "sport", that never seems to make it to newspapers.

I've been beaten off in a bush quite a few times and i actually enjoyed it rather muchly.

Britain's loss in this is Ireland's gain. We get a lot of folk coming over for hunts. Badly needed €€€ for us.

New Labour's crazy move there was easily pushed through by a relatively large urban population with a poor understanding of country sports.

I could never see a Garda squad car hassling a hunt here. We'll always have this fine winter tradition. It is a glorious thing to see. There are no 'toffs' in my local hunt. They are farming folk largely and love horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Kind regards,
    Your country cousins.

Perhaps you have statistics on support for hunting in rural Ireland? The way you're talking, you'd think most people in the countryside support this barbarism. There's a certain type of person in rural Ireland, and a certain type of daytripper from the city, who engages in this savagery, and they are a tiny minority.

There are other legal acts of savagery in the countryside still, "beating" pheasants being the one which I remember most. Local lads would be paid for the day to run through forests frightening and goading all the birds and then when the pheasants would fly out in terror unspeakable people who paid €800 for the day's "hunting" would shoot them. What an extraordinarily challenging "sport", that never seems to make it to newspapers.

Britain's loss in this is Ireland's gain. We get a lot of folk coming over for hunts. Badly needed €€€ for us.

New Labour's crazy move there was easily pushed through by a relatively large urban population with a poor understanding of country sports.

I could never see a Garda squad car hassling a hunt here. We'll always have this fine winter tradition. It is a glorious thing to see. There are no 'toffs' in my local hunt. They are farming folk largely and love horses.

I'd love to see civilians hassling a hunt, someday maybe a might do it myself. Again, you insist on making this an issue of urban vs countryside when it really isn't one. Tell me, do you have some sort of inferiority complex or chip on your shoulder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Yes, 800 years later it's reassuring to note that Ireland is still able to attract all the classy people from Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I agree with ohthebaby, you don't have to be from the city to realise that fox hunting is barbaric and cruel. One fox against 20+ hounds and 'men' on horseback, how is that a fair fight? Can you imagine how scared that one fox is. Doesn't matter how many people try and justify it, it's cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Dear right-on, vegetarian, liberal lefty Citydwellers

Dear name caller. I know you want to start a whole city v rural thing, but to be honest 99% of city folk don't give two craps about how you spend your weekend. You need to look a bit closer to home. ;)

Dionysus wrote: »
    Yes, 800 years later it's reassuring to note that Ireland is still able to attract all the classy people from Britain.

The main reason for hunting tourists in the West of Ireland is not because they want to murder and innocent animal, its because of the stone walls and wild country side. I cant see why they dont ban the hunting of foxes and do drag hunting instead.

Isnt that what they have done in England?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Kind regards,
    Your country cousins.

I'm from the country and think it should be done away with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Zebra3 wrote: »
    What a shameful article in the Indo supporting vile people terrorising an innocent animal.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/stephens-day-hunts-get-bang-for-their-bark-on-perfect-day-2973455.html

I thought this was going to be about Twink.....

Advertisement