Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

King T is a legend. I think that Xzibit got his break on one of his albums as well.

DJ Quik has some classic albums as well, Way II Fonky and Safe & Sound are my favorites. His new one sounds OK as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

A most unlikely collaboration...

10891726_949193718432179_4077569318846726636_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=7c7550d9a863b8366b25c9c08855ddef&oe=55430398&__gda__=1425892164_44784a2c1fd32785326bf0f26d58184b

10801691_949185588432992_191408115962393321_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=dd626108b362765609931e5ad3c144a8&oe=554583F1&__gda__=1428665743_d6488eca683e74597f6b5aa548b0569f

A follow up from my discovery of King T & Dj Quik;

Two Awesome tracks!!

And the King T album I got...every track is gold..not one bad song on the album.
    The best I have heard all year....says alot about modern Hip-Hop IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Discovered this site today: Who Sampled

Find it really handy and interesting as I've discovered a lot of good music by researching the sample credits from albums back in the day.

Also, M!Ck^ I don't think you can go wrong with DJ Quik, I think he's massively underrated. I was pretty impressed by his new album, the first half of it is really good.

Here's some of my favourites from him:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A warning about whosampled.com

Once you start looking, it's hard to stop :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

These English rappers somehow managed to get Dominic West aka McNulty from The Wire to do the hook for one of their tracks:

asFTZcA.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

Dre, Cube, Game and Kendrick filming something in Compton today, possibly for the NWA movie or something from the soundtrack?

337009.jpg
    337010.jpg
    337011.jpg
    337012.png

Isnt The Game doing some promo for the anniversary of his first album or something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's a biopic about NWA I think.

Suge Knight killed a man, and badly injured another yesterday, by driving over them.

He handed himself into police.

WTF. Link
    The hip-hop mogul Marion “Suge” Knight has handed himself into Los Angeles police in connection with a hit-and-run incident that left one man dead and another injured, following a fight on a film set.

The Death Row Records founder drove his truck over the men in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant in Compton on Thursday afternoon, police and witnesses said, shortly after an argument broke out on the set of a biopic about the rap group NWA.

Police had said some witnesses described the incident as deliberate, and it was being treated as a homicide. Knight’s lawyer, James Blatt, told reporters it was an accident

No One Can Do It Better

Great album I'm listing to at the moment; was just reading up on DOC's history. Really a shame he didn't get to do much after this album after the car crash, only realised that he's on 'The Chronic' in one of the skit tracks. Thought it was put on :P
    Anyway an absoulte gem that I again missed out on until now.

Fav tracks at the moment;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Wondering if anyone can help me out finding a track? Sounded fairly modern with a bit of a west coast vibe.

Only lyrics I can remember are along the lines of :
    "Have to explain to my twins why mommy and daddy don't live together" and "my little boy saying when he grows up he want's to be just like me"

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No One Can Do It Better

Great album I'm listing to at the moment; was just reading up on DOC's history. Really a shame he didn't get to do much after this album after the car crash, only realised that he's on 'The Chronic' in one of the skit tracks. Thought it was put on :P
    Anyway an absoulte gem that I again missed out on until now.

Check out Helter Skelter, his album after the car crash. It's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Did a little throwaway remix of one of my favorite Big L corleone tracks, sure givei t a listen :D

https://soundcloud.com/shaneleigh/big-l-size-em-up-dj-lee-1-hour-edit

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Check out Helter Skelter, his album after the car crash. It's excellent.

Just listening to a few previews on 7digital, you can clearly here the issues with his larynx
    Not really sure if I can get past the whole voice thing, such a shame because lyrically it's really good and the beats are savage

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

Ghostface notices someone heckling him at a show, watch what happens next:

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just listening to a few previews on 7digital, you can clearly here the issues with his larynx
    Not really sure if I can get past the whole voice thing, such a shame because lyrically it's really good and the beats are savage

You should try to look for the singles from the first album, there are extra tracks and extended versions of some songs on the album that are well worth a listen.

I found listening to Helter Skelter strange at first, but I got used to the noise fairly fast.
    The beats sound like they should be the sequel to The Chronic.

Been listening to some MC Eight / CMW this weekend;
    Also some Spice 1, will post about this when I listen to it a bit more.

Some of my fav tracks at the moment;

IMO Still think Quik won the beef with Dollars & Sense but still a great diss track.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

Straight Outta Compton trailer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Got to finally listen to some Spice 1
    Two of my fav tracks so far;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

This is a decent watch.

Not Afraid: The Shady Records Story

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Right lads I've been on the verge of going insane for the last 2 weeks trying to remember what song this beat is from. Could anyone help me? It kicks in at about 5.24. Pretty sure it's well known but just can't pit my finger on it

http://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/detail-2511/#cat-most_recent_shows/-/urle-video-gallery

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

tossy wrote: »

You are an absolute gent!! Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Kanye just been announced as being the Saturday headliner for Glastonbury.

http://www.nme.com/news/kanye-west/83591

You are an absolute gent!! Thanks so much

No bothers, here is another (equally as good) use of the sample.

Well worth a watch/listen. A poem about Ol Dirty in the style of Bob Dylan

• Advertisement

This new vidoe from RTJ is f*cking amazing

Advertisement