Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The odd thing about Canibus is that when he first appeared on the hip hop radar it was because of his battling and freestyle qualities.
    I was listening to his freestyles before he had anything recorded, then he got on the Wake Up Show and appeared on a Lost Boys track i think.
    Then Wyclef pretty much ruined his career in my opinion.

Just for weedmc, here's a mix of some of his verses and freestyles:

And probably his most well know beef rap, he even got Mic Tyson on the record

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I don't buy the whole Wyclef ruined his career thing, that album was good nowhere near bad enough to "ruin his career".

His reaction to the sales, his beef with LL (happened before, but I mean the long term effect) then Eminem certainly hindered his mainstream success but he is the sort of rapper who would rarely go platinum and you are not going to hear any of his songs on a night out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I don't buy the whole Wyclef ruined his career thing, that album was good nowhere near bad enough to "ruin his career".

This is just my theory on Canibus. Making great features, appearances and verses and affiliated with the Group Home people (not the hip hop group Group Home, the one that included the Lost Boyz). Then starts recording his album, then gets managed by Wyclef, then releases the album. I like the album, but there are some songs where I and other were questioning, and they are quite 'Wyclefish'. That album could have been something special if the original producers linked like Premo and Pete Rock got involved. But Wyclef took control and laced with his production which didnt suit the pre-album Canibus.

I think that has hindered him up to the Rip The Jacker album where he had Stoupe produce the whole thing.....but that recording process was mad.

I actually really like the C of Tranquility album from last year or the year before that. He really found form on it and had some decent production behind him.

Beats make a huge difference, but Canibus is all about the lyrics.

He wanted platinum but barely got Gold and blamed Wyclef imo, sure if he had Premo, Dre and PR etc he would sell better and sound better but that argument can be made for any rapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

chris brown and drake got into a fight last night in some new york night club over you guessed it rihanna , makes it even better meek mill got involved and he too smashed rihanna :D

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/chris-brown-drake-brawl-in-nyc-breezy-injured

• Advertisement

Did either of them get damaged voice boxes? Fingers crossed.

"it wasn't me (shaggy voice) lol" ahahahaahahahahahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

If that's what those 2 pussys get up to imagine the fights the wu tang clan would have started, i remember reading that Raekwon punched the face off joe budden and one of ghostfaces friends broke mases jaw, chrissys little scratch is nothing compared to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    How have you not heard of canibus beefing man? He's beefed with 2 of the biggest names in the game, eminem and LL. And i think he dissed Wyclef a couple of times too.

No I have heard about him beefing with rappers, it's the only thing I would have known him for, calling people out.

weemcd wrote: »
    No I have heard about him beefing with rappers, it's the only thing I would have known him for, calling people out.

aah i misread it and read it as you seeing him as the guy you heard of never beefing with rappers, carry on....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

weedmc would be a much better alias for me than weemcd, that may be looked into!

• Advertisement

Check out his actual music then, a lot of it is good.

He was being called a legend on twitter by several rappers even after this shambles of a battle.

He was being called a legend on twitter by several rappers even after this shambles of a battle.

Who was calling him a legend? not that i disagree, i think he's an absolutely brilliant MC, he's just too slept on sadly.

Royce and Crooked iirc, saigon was not so sure.

Lots of chatter around that battle from tons of rappers (actual famous rappers not just battlers)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,550 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

that is just unbelievable, everyone there is brilliant, and 2 of the best female rappers around.

any one know what happened to that koolio guy that went crazy leaking rappers songs a while back?

we discussed him on this thread ages ago, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056130882&page=3

also im looking for a certain 2pac song (conor im looking at you :)), cant remember the name of it for the life of me and its not on any of his albums i have.

i think there's some references to it in this fan made me against the world video. Around the 22 second mark there's a little chap nodding his head to the beat and also i think in the video 2pac is performing on a stage !

the song is on the tip of my tongue for a while now, someone put me out of my misery, i need to listen to it again :D

Jesus do you know any of the lyrics or describe the theme or the beat?

If I could guess the song from a kid bopping his head I think Afeni should legally have to adopt me.

Jesus do you know any of the lyrics or describe the theme or the beat?

If I could guess the song from a kid bopping his head I think Afeni should legally have to adopt me.

im not asking you to guess the song from a kid bopping his head to a beat what i said was the part with the kid in the fan made me against the world video is from the actual video for the song im looking for, i taught you'd be able to cop it and link it up.

my mind is gone blank, cant remember the song at all only vaguely bits from the video where that kid is in it aswell 2pac performing on a stage kind of clowning around.

I doubt anyone can help without some lyrics or something more.

I doubt anyone can help without some lyrics or something more.

if i knew some of the lryics i would of just googled it but this has been bugging me a while, anyway if you come across a 2pac song/video on youtube with that kid in it thats probably it, i distinctively remember him in it at the start and then like morphing into pac and before you know it he's on a stage or something like that.

just remember i posted it in track of the day before, f*ck it im going to search that thread now might take all day but iv got to hear it... hip hop cravings and all that:)

• Advertisement

Might be one of the 7 day theory then? AFAIK that is the only one where he would likely be morphing into anything.

Found it i think:

have it man lol!! just searched through the tracklists for all his albums and it came back to me, its on his debut 2pacalypse now which i never listened to. Just looking back there the fan made videos for me against the world that you and I posted are pretty much the if my homies call official video.

if my homies call... what a song

that god damn kid was haunting me :D

right im buzzing too see this documentary now, pretty good interview with ice t. think it was released in amercian cinemas today.

If anyone remembers Tim Dog then this is essential viewing ->

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/06/18/random-acts-of-****ery-tim-dog-edition/#more-207836

There are 11 videos all of his special guest appearance on NBC Dateline.

The father of hip hop? I think so, even if he didnt make it mainstream, he influenced the people that did.

i cant believe 50 is actually releasing this album without the label, i taught he was bluffing but its coming july 3rd.

going against jimmy and the label might cost him some dre production though, usually 50s always banging on about having dre's beats on his albums before release but nothing prior to this album F.I.V.E though so im actually very curious to see how this album turns out.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2012/06/50-cent-album-listening-session-in-san-francisco/

He is releasing it with Interscope or he is releasing it on his own?

He is releasing it with Interscope or he is releasing it on his own?

dont have a clue what way its going to work man ! He's getting no label promotion anyway , doesnt even have a single out or anything for it.

dont have a clue what way its going to work man ! He's getting no label promotion anyway , doesnt even have a single out or anything for it.

He doesn't need promotion imo*, he needs distribution which he will get the rest is up to him.

* of course promotion wouldn't hurt, but he has his own radio show along with website and twitter account and a youtube channel so he could do his own promotion and that type of promotion generally works better anyway if you are big enough to pull it off.

• Advertisement

He doesn't need promotion imo*, he needs distribution which he will get the rest is up to him.

* of course promotion wouldn't hurt, but he has his own radio show along with website and twitter account and a youtube channel so he could do his own promotion and that type of promotion generally works better anyway if you are big enough to pull it off.

I know he inked a distribution deal with EMI last year for g unit records so maybe he's going down that route or more than likely its going to be distributed by interscope as thats who's he contractually tied too via shady/aftermath.

Ye your right though he is big enough to do his own promotion, he had a few songs of the big 10 mixtape make the billboard top 100 without any support from the label so In all i say it's just going to just lack actual label promotion via radio etc because he's releasing it before jimmy wants him too and for when he wants it out on his birthday.

Still find it strange he has no single though and that he doesn't care for his sales or anything anymore, all 50 albums previous to this had a few singles doing the rounds on the radios/music channels before it came out.

I actually think people won't be aware that he has an actual album coming ! But he doesnt seem to care anymore. That's good though , new 50 and nas album within 2 weeks of each other nice start to the summer for myself :)

Advertisement