Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

little freestyle from em for a ice t documentary called something from nothing (the art of rap)
    Ice T doc, jesus come with a better freestyle.

He said he was a huge Ice T fan you would imagine he would come with a better freestyle.

I cant wait for that documentary, he basically has everyone in it. Here's a track from Smooth Da Hustler that name drops 109 of the people involved and shows clips in the video:

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I checked out young dirty bastard earlier, people say there was no father to ODB's style, which is true, but with YDB there is. Literally.

I can't say i like him to be honest. He needs to switch things up.

Yeah, he really needs to follow his own path rather than mimickin his father, that will get old very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Following on from the news about GZA the other day, Raekwon has said he's not taking part in the film. The others better be a part of it. I couldn't imagine anyone else playing Ghost only himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I cant wait for that documentary, he basically has everyone in it. Here's a track from Smooth Da Hustler that name drops 109 of the people involved and shows clips in the video:

looking forward to it myself, thats a class song too.

love this line from ice cube on i rep that west, just copped what he was actually referring to today , only really payed attention to the lryics.

40 glocc from mobb deep/g unit, catches lil wayne & birdman in his hood without a pass. 40's a crip, he tries to confront wayne about his claims to be a blood or crip needless to say the 2 boys stay in the cars.
    niggas round the world think they wanna bang
    dont get your ass caught up like lil wayne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Of course Lil wayne wouldn't reply to Cube, he'd be retarded to do so, and he'd also have been retarded to get out of that car, 40 glocc is the real deal.

Of course Lil wayne wouldn't reply to Cube, he'd be retarded to do so, and he'd also have been retarded to get out of that car, 40 glocc is the real deal.

on well he would be. your man 40's an average rapper nothing special but he seems to be very active in the streets , he ran up on your man plies for all his goon talk at a video shoot with jamie foxx.

lets hope officer ricky is next :D. He also had a brawl last year with a fella called menace from game's bws, he was on his own against what looked like a whole click, there were videos of 40 glocc with menaces chain after the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

your man 40's an average rapper nothing special but he seems to be very active in the streets , he ran up on your man plies for all his goon talk at a video shoot with jamie foxx.

lets hope officer ricky is next :D. He also had a brawl last year with a fella called menace from game's bws, he was on his own against what looked like a whole click, there were videos of 40 glocc with menaces chain after the fight

40 is not an "average" rapper - "appalling" would be a more appropriate description. He posts videos of himself talking **** about various rappers every now and again and tweets about them too (because everyone knows real G's use Twitter) :rolleyes:

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    your man 40's an average rapper nothing special but he seems to be very active in the streets , he ran up on your man plies for all his goon talk at a video shoot with jamie foxx.

lets hope officer ricky is next :D. He also had a brawl last year with a fella called menace from game's bws, he was on his own against what looked like a whole click, there were videos of 40 glocc with menaces chain after the fight

40 is not an "average" rapper - "appalling" would be a more appropriate description. He posts videos of himself talking **** about various rappers every now and again and tweets about them too (because everyone knows real G's use Twitter) :rolleyes:

He has a few decent tunes to be fair but like I said though nothing special at all, the likes of lord help us or welcome to calfornia are decent enough.

In fairness though at least he backs the sh*t he talks up, ran up on Wayne in his hood and rushed plies aswell as taking on menace with his buddy's behind him and that's only the stuff that was caught on video. How many rappers do you know with proof of what they've done ? Even Jamie foxx vouched for him.

Hes been in and out of prision aswell as recently escaping serious jail time for gun possession and gang violations, you'd have to say its nearly as G as it gets in the rap game,. Just about every rapper is on twitter too, it's expected trying to promote music etc.

WTC doing a commercial for the Gameboy, way back in '93. Dunno who thought it'd be a good idea to get them to promote something like this.

• Advertisement

Like ODB said, "Wu Tang is for the children"

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

They also done an ad and track for St. Ides

What a brilliant ad! Just makes you wanna go get hammered!

Not by drinking 40's of St. Ides though. When you buy them, it's awesome because of the price.
    You start drinking, it's awesome because lets face it, your drinking a 40.
    You poor a little out for the dead homies, it's awesome.
    But after about half the 40, you just want it all to end because you are drinking a big bottle of flat horrible beer.

"We got the little piano just in case my man Lionel Richie come want to come through and holla at me"

"Put a cat in a crib without cable, that's hurting him"

"Much love to ODB, on an iron vacation right now"

"I like to do calisthenics...I ain't do my thing thing in a minute with this though. I been lacking"

The greatest Cribs episode of all time. Can't believe I'm only after seeing this now. I was always watching it back in the day.

The best part of it is when busta kicks his little random freestyle out of nowhere, i love that episode.

"i gotta have my blowy shirts"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Raekwon needs to have his own show.

"I like to get on this lil running thing right here you know"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Imma let you finish, but I just got to say Redman had the greatest Cribs episode of all time!

That one beats the Wu hands down. What a shít house haha. My mother would kill me if I had it like that. Platinum plaques being stored behind the sofa. What a hero of a chap.

Very few rappers can rap that well on the spot...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

WTC doing a commercial for the Gameboy, way back in '93. Dunno who thought it'd be a good idea to get them to promote something like this.

Rza (and others I am sure) were geniuses with the likes of this, they all had side deals and promotions so they could keep the music pure but still get paid huge.

Very few rappers can rap that well on the spot...

What's that for? Brilliant freestyle, I presume?

What's that for? Brilliant freestyle, I presume?

it was for his first demo tape that he spit on the spot, amazing talent.

Not even the best 90s freestyle I heard in Brooklyn tbh, and that is pretty narrow parameters.

Azelia Banks has apparently quit rapping. This is not going to affect me too much.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Azelia Banks has apparently quit rapping. This is not going to affect me too much.

I'm not even trying to be funny when i say Vanilla ices career lasted longer than that. It's actually true.

Anyway i wont miss her, maybe she'll release a few sex tapes to make money, which i will not object to, she's fine.

I'm not even trying to be funny when i say Vanilla ices career lasted longer than that. It's actually true.

Anyway i wont miss her, maybe she'll release a few sex tapes to make money, which i will not object to, she's fine.

V. Ice is still going strong! He's regularly releasing new music....not sure of the quality or if it's even hip hop anymore.

I think that banks will still be releasing music, just not rapping, so probably singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Damn, RIP Canibus.

Cringe worthy

:eek:

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    V. Ice is still going strong! He's regularly releasing new music....not sure of the quality or if it's even hip hop anymore.

I think that banks will still be releasing music, just not rapping, so probably singing.

i always thought he retired after getting sued over something to do with ice ice baby tbh, and i vow to never listen to his new music. He's a fúcking bike salesman ffs :pac:

• Advertisement

When is the full battle being released?

Don't want to watch that video before I see the battle.

This could have been the battle to make it big.

They had Drake, Raekwon then in this battle Canibus and Skee...

Advertisement