Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

When is the full battle being released?

Not sure mate. I'm sure they'll try to capitalise on the coverage its receiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Not sure mate. I'm sure they'll try to capitalise on the coverage its receiving.

The editing will cut out the longer pauses.

weren't the rounds unlimited? Why didn't he call time or freestyle some more, very odd plus he had a talk in Dizs ear at the start and along with the cast I think something was very off with that battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I always held Canibus in very high regard, that's very strange to see, he's an absolutely brilliant MC.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    he's an absolutely brilliant MC.

True, still is and will continue to be.

But yeah it is bad to see. He had people quoting his freestyles never mind his actual song lyrics.

Royce, Saigon and others were funny as hell on twitter about this battle.

Crooked - "death of a legend?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I purchased the PPV last night and watched it all.

I have watched so much battles in so much battle leagues, and this battle has to be the most painful ever to watch. Think of the most awkward choke you have ever seen in a battle and multiply it by a thousand and you won't even get close.

Canibus' bars were dreadful. Countless pauses. Repeating his bars. Using lines from his previous tracks. More pauses. It was so awkward. Eventually Canibus declared Dizaster the winner, and brought out his notepad!! You almost felt sorry for the guy but he had months to prepare for this and was paid 12k up front.

Dizasters performance wasn't as good as he usually is, you could tell he was pretty pissed off with the whole thing (as were the hosts)

The leaked videos on Youtube don't do it justice, you gotta see the whole battle. I'm wondering how the hell KOTD will edit this, because it was an absolute trainwreck!

Gotta feel for KOTD, this was a huge move for them to bring a 'mainstream' rapper in to battle, they expected a classic that will put their organisation on the map, and they got fcked over.

They will Loe Pesci this choke, speed up the long pauses… make it look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

for anyone interested, officer ricky hottest mc in the game (according to mtv :D) some nice facts... he's all hype nothing more , nothing to back it up.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2012/06/flop-city-12-rick-ross/

He could be Noriega crossed with Schwarzenegger* and I would not care, his music is crap regardless of his life or past life.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-M9kFNY9YA 25 seconds in for the reference.

If you want to either laugh or cringe yourself to death have a look at this absolute cretin, i think he's serious to be honest, people are saying "well done for talking about pac in your songs, you're the first rapper i have ever seen doing that" What the fúck?!?!?!!? this has taken me to a whole new level of confusion, americans cant be that god damn ignorant can they?

Somebody please tell me this is a pisstake because from what i can tell by the comments there is actually unfortunate people out there taking this seriously.

And somehow this gimp is absolutely piling on the views, he has millions on a couple of his videos. i dunno how he's doing it with..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

He seems pretty serious alright. He put out a shambles of a tune a few weeks back. Got him a lot of publicity though.

Words can't describe how bad it is. I feel sorry for him just listening to it.

Having listened to it again I'm certain it's a contender for worst song of the year. The only redeeming feature that it has is that it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,550 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm not sure if he's serious but i dont think anyone actually believes he is any good, he's just going viral as an idiot id say, i was in tears and cringing at the same time when i first watched these. I'd say he'll be gone within the month.

Not serious, he is called krispy kreme….

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Yo! MTV SUCKS

TROLOLOLOL.......

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I had to read up on Kripsy Kreme:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krispy_Kreme_%28rapper%29

Making mad youtube dollars now.

In his defence, he can actually structure a line and a verse and a chorus.....albeit filled with gnagsta clichéd nonsence. And he managed to pen a song which was a story about his mate that makes sense.

He also gets mad props from me for his Master P UUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH

But besides all that, cringetasticfest 2012.

A few of this lads videos have been put up here before but i dont think this one has, it's probably his funniest one. some funny stuff about snoop, LL, Tyson, Shaq, Eddie murphy and Riddick Bowe.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Watch the first 30 seconds and the last 30 seconds

bwahahahhahahhaha

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Watch the first 30 seconds and the last 30 seconds

bwahahahhahahhaha

LOL what a dope.
    P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Some people need to stop being so emotionally attached to Rappers.

Wow, step your life game up at that Canibus fan.

What a puff. I'm still wondering what the fúck happened in that battle though!! Canibus is well able to battle, there has to be something wrong if he had to pull a drake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Here is the full battle ripped from the PPV. This is the quality it streamed at (even though KOTD said it would be 720p HD)

Battle starts at 4:30

Plenty of dick riders over-reacting to Canibus' pretty mediocre lines at the start. Then the crowd and hosts quickly realise that all isn't going to plan :pac:

At 34:00 after countless chokes, awkwardness, terrible bars, etc. the crowd, hosts and Dizaster have enough and are royally pissed off at the whole situation. Dizaster goes nuts on him.

At 35:00 Canibus gives up and declares Dizaster the winner, gives an awkward speech to the crowd and brings out the notepad.

The awkwardness continues and Canibus even chokes while reading his rhymes from the notepad :pac:

Canibus still has his music past and present though, still.

But ye this is worse with each watch.

I'm not joking, something has to have been wrong with that battle, i cant get over it!! I've heard what he's capable of, it could have been a fixed battle or something because nobody on his level flops like that.

He said "I can't memorize all that" .. and something about intricate rhymes and never being a good freestyler (in the older sense of off the top 100%)

Even from the notepad was fairly **** though. A song is a lot different to a live battle acapella for 5+ minute rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LindseyErin

I'm still not sure how I feel about this right now, ha! But if you've nothing else to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭acorn1702

Anybody recommended something with really deep bass? Really like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro86ce5Jdu8

acorn1702 wrote: »
    Anybody recommended something with really deep bass? Really like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro86ce5Jdu8

This is my favourite one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

Having never listened to Canibus I've only ever known him as that lad I've never really heard of beefing with rappers.

Now I know him as that lad with a cast on his arm who can't freestlye for shít, some of that is really poor.

I've no doubt someone will now post up a few vids of him on decent verses though, that's why this is my favourite forum on boards, it and MMA.

Freestyle is a real skill in its own, one of my favourite in hip hop. I always mess about with my mates doing the odd freestlye and make them up in my head sometimes, I really appreciate those who have the skill. Anyone can rap to a certain level given a beat to listen to and a sheet with some lyrics on it.

• Advertisement

How have you not heard of canibus beefing man? He's beefed with 2 of the biggest names in the game, eminem and LL. And i think he dissed Wyclef a couple of times too.

Advertisement