Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political Correctness

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Nodin wrote: »
    Taunting, crowing, cliched stereotypes. Good to see you're in the festive spirit.

Now now Nod. Peace and goodwill!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭marknjb

two players on my rugby team a few years ago with the same name .one black the other white . they were nicknamed midday and midnight
    both of them laughed at it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I was called a *cracker* by many a black people in the States including collegues. Although it riled me greatly I did not retaliate by calling them N***rs. I moved to Ireland 16 years ago and have been called a *bloody Gerry*, *black and tan* (very funny as I am not even English), *Nazi* and quite a few more and not just once.

If I had taken any of this serious then I would have sued half of County Galway and a few Clare peeps as well. :D

The point I am trying to make is: yes, there is such a thing as being overly PC.

OH calls me a German Shepherd every now and then. Which I think it funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Freddie59 wrote: »
    That chap lived there Chuck - did you?
    Just because you live somewhere doesn't make you an authority on the place. For all we know he never set foot outside the door. Just using your own argument from earlier here.

(But does that make you an authority on it Chuck? Many people have read stuff extensively and still spout through their rear end. (Not you of course!)

Advertisement