Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

have nothing planned for this weekend thank god, the most exciting thing is getting the dogs nails cut haha how exciting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Emotional?? I cried 5 times yesterday because our dog died at home. 5 times.

I had hospital on Tuesday they told me I'm back to hospital again at 40+3 they will do a sweep and if nothing happens I will get a date for induction.
    But then they weren't happy with my BP so I was back with GP today to get it checked and they are still not happy with it. So I have to go back Monday again. I can only guess that if it's still high on Monday they will send me back to the hospital but both the hospital and GP seem to be unwilling to actually say what the plan is if it stays high. So I'm confused!

Sitting here now no dinner no food in the house, not really hungry but haven't a clue what I'll do for dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Aww sorry to hear about your dog SSFG, don't be hard on yourself I'd be in bits for weeks even if I wasn't pregnant and hormonal. Sorry to hear about the bother with your BP, at least if it does stay up then you'll be meeting baby sooner rather than later :) and as for dinner- treat yourself and order in! :D
    Picking up our travel systen tomorrow, can't wait to give it a spin woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

We had takeaway on Tuesday though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

You poor thing SSFG its so difficult to lose a pet :-( ye should definitely get a take away

• Advertisement

oh ssfg sorry to hear about the dog, its so hard when you loose a pet :( my friends turtle died last night and i cried, i didnt even like the thing it freaked me out a bit, id still get a take away, thats what we are getting tonight, no energy to cook x

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Pushkii - no i dont know the size of the baby, the last time i was at the hospital i asked what position the baby was and what size was he/she? she just said it was head down and that it was a normal size.

Does anyone else know the size/ weight of their baby?

Well.the last time i was in she was 4lb 12 but that was about 3 weeks ago which was small enough but nothing to worry about im sure she has grown alot since then because im off work and eating like a pig!! :-)

she never told me a weight, she just said that it was normal. i must remember to ask at my next appointment. Oh make the most of eating what you want now, in a couple of weeks we'll all be talking about trying to loose the baby weight!!

Ha ha that is so true! I finding im craving a lot of sweet things these days which would not be me at all. It makes the baby pure hyper! Have you got all your baby stuff excited?

• Advertisement

i think i have, i need to get more sheets for the crib etc have you?

Do you plan on breastfeeding?

oh def take advantage of eating now, after baby is born it is a strict diet for me anyway, have told oh he is going on one too he wasn't impressed :-)

Haha betsie he won't be too happy with that lol!! Are you getting nervous betsie?

Excited yes i do plan on breastfeeding how about you? Have ye a guineas near you.? They're great for the sheets!

Mmm come to think about it i never got my pampers box in the post. :-(

I got mine in the post around 4 weeks ago. had about 10 nappies and some wipes in it.

yeah i plan on breastfeeding, i hope it works out for me.

baby dancing here at the moment :) your both having girls :) wonder what my little one will be? :)

yeah starting to get excited now bit nervous too though pushki,

That's not bad excited the vouchers will come in handy. Do you and your partner have names chosen for boys and girls? There's mostly girls due in Aug but i reckon the surprises will be boys :-)
    I know betsie im getting really nervous i don't feel at all ready. my head is all over the place at the moment

yeah i know what you mean pushki, Im grand one minute and then i have a small melt down that i won't be able to do any of it from the labour and birth to actually looking after her

Yes i know the feeling sometimes it feels like ive climbed up a tree too far and its impossible to get down. I guess these feelings are normal in first time mums !? I am just so thankful i have my family's support i don't knowwhat id do without it.

we are playing around with a few names, but need to sit down and really discuss it.

im sure you girls have nothing to worry about you'll be great parents :)

have you picked any names?

yeah i guess they are normal pushki, i know ill be ok but still scared :-)

excited we have a few names picked out we won't fully decide on one till we see her

well here i am wide awake at am awful hour on sat morning. id love to sleep in just once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Good morning:), I was killed with heartburn sitting up in bed last night, when i lay down it went away its mad! must have been my stomach mushed up from sitting up.
    I also find when I sit on the couch the baby kicks like crazy , maybe shes a bit squashed.

Anyone any nice plans for the weekend?Im doing nada, Looking forward to seeing my husband back tonight, he works away during the week.
    He says hes going to paint the kitchen tommorow, I told him just to do it any auld way and quickly, I cant stand the place being up in a heap for two days.
    Craving a rasher and I dont even like them, might have to pop one under the grill as a sat morning treat.

Girls I bought the moses basket mattress in argos its a joke so thin and flimsy, got a better one in Mothercare for 35 plastic with a removable washable cover.

I swear I was up till two this morning,:mad: some house alarm going off, people outside being noisy, My house is on the way to city centre and passed by loads of drunk people coming into and home from town, at least when it rains they are a bit quiter.
    Then to top it off a neighbour has chickens and the cockerel crows anytime from 4 onward, its still doing it now the little **** Id love to wring its neck.:pac:

if you feel like a rasher then you should treat yourself tishandy :) now that you say it i wouldnt mind one myself, i have some lovely homemade brown bread here hhhhhmmmmmmmm yum :)

i was up watching the opening cermony of the olympics last night, i was full sure that i would sleep a bit longer last night but no i was awake a few times to pee and turn around and then was awake at 6 then :( oh well im used to it now at this stage

sounds awful being kept awake like that tishandy, buy yourslef some ear plugs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

OUR BOYS HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God I've been trying to get on this all week to break the good news!!!! Stupid phone wouldn't log in! I've been reading the updates all week and dying to give ye our update!!!!

So the first August babies were July babies after all! The two BOYS were born in the early hours of Tuesday morning. It still hasn't hit me yet I think :)
    So bit of a crazy story! Was feeling the usual aches and pains and all that on Monday. Very fluidy and swollen up but then that was normal for me at that stage! I went to my parents' house for the evening coz hubbie was working and my sister was going back to England on Tuesday afternoon and I wanted to see her. Now on her week home she kept saying "I hope these babies arrive before I go again" and I was like "yea I'll try my best!!!" Started feeling really unwell all of a sudden round 10, really sick and sore back and getting really aggrevated with everyone. I was snapping at everyone and became obsessed with getting a bottle of Gaviscon!!! I had none left and my mum had none left and I thought if I don't get a bottle of Gaviscon for tonight I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown! Heartburn had just become so unbearable by that stage! I kept talking about this bottle and mum said it was so funny :) So off my sister went to get the bottle. When she came back they decided to ring maternity coz they felt that something wasn't right coz I'd gotten so unwell so quick! Of course I was giving out coz I thought it was just usual pregnancy stuff and waste of time going to hospital. They told me to come on up and my giving out continued! Mum rang hubbie which I also was giving out about and told him we were going to hospital but don't rush home. At the hospital mum insisted on getting me a wheelchair which I again gave out about and insisted on walking to maternity. Continue my giving out! Went in and they did usual checks and nothing major happening apart from my not feeling 100%. Put up IV fluids and went into bed. Continue giving out! Hubbie arrived with my bag and helped me into bed. More giving out! He went away around 12.30. Nurse came in to check was I ok. Hubbie texted at 12.40 to see was I ok. Decided to play games on my phone to put me to sleep. 5 mins later...POP! Waters broke! OMG!!!! Rang bell, whisked into wheelchair, off to another room, check out, yes waters gone, bloods taken, whirlwind of other activity that I don't even remember! 1.10 rang hubbie to come up, doc arrived, "you're going to theatre" OMG!!! Straight up to theatre. 1.35 wheeled into operating theatre, prepped, spinal block, belly painted, curtain up, Hubbie in beside me! 1.55 Twin one born, 1.57 Twin two born!!!!!!!!! Talk about shocked and not a second to think about what was actually happening! Thank God all ok with the boys. So they were taken away to NICU and I was left to be fixed up and recover in theatre. Phew!!!
    I can't say enough about the midwives, docs and theatre team. Everyone was unreal and so kind to us.
    I got out today and the boys are still in and will be for another couple of weeks. They are doing really well but they are considered 5 weeks premature even though they were gonna be delivered in 2 weeks time. Twin one was 4lb10 and Twin two was 5lb8. I also have to say that the section was not as bad as I anticipated it would be, nor the recovery so far. I thought it would be way worse so if any of you ladies end up in the emergency situation I swear it is actually ok :)
    Bet ye weren't expecting that for a story! Neither was I :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

October- 3rd August, first baby!!

SSFG- 3rd August, first baby! * A girl!*

Betsie- 5th August, 1st baby *a girl!*

New Look- 9th August, C-section, 2nd and 3rd babies, 2 for the price of 1 !! BORN 24TH JULY, EMERGENCY C-SECTION, TWO BOYS :)

Rose- 9th August, first baby *a boy!*

Pushki- 16th August, first baby, *a girl!*

Kiniori- 18th August, third baby!

Gee_G -19th August, first baby!!

Tishandy- 20th August, C-section, 2nd baby, *a girl!*

Laura- 28th August, 2nd baby, *a girl!*

Belfastmedic, 29th August, first baby, *a boy!*

Excited_FTM , 30th August, first baby!!

Oh new look i just knew they had come. Massive congratulations to you and hubbie xx im delighted everything went well and the emergency situation wasn't too bad for you. Must say i had a few giggles about your obsession with the gaviscon and the giving out! You had Your wits about you anyway :-) i hope your boys will be home soon, no doubt they are well looked after. Your story made my day !! Well done superwoman xx

Congratulations New Look on birth of your boys. Reading your story i was praying your hubby would make it back in time. Healthy weights for the boys. Hope your keeping well.

i was just wondering anyone that knows the gender of their little one, does it match what the chinese pregnancy calander predicts?

I never heard of it excited. Do you have any feeling what gender is yourself? I was convinced i was having a boy a hundred percent i nearly died of shock when i was told it was a girl. A fantastic surprise :-)

New look are the boys identical?

i just knew that you had had them new look, Im so delighted for you, 2beautiful healthy boys, i can't believe how quick it all happened, delighted your husband arrived in time, had visions of him missing it.

our 1st August babies woohoo :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Oh new look massive congratulations, two boys wow and we had same due date, hope I have news soon. that is just fantastic news, i am so excited now!!!!! xxxxxx

Advertisement