Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army Ranger Wing

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ArtyBoy

STAB lol, from a guy who served in a local defence force and most likely went home for tea every night.

Tell the guys from 21/23 SAS who served in Iraq and Afghanistan they are not real SF soldiers.

Ok lets have it your way the ARW are right up their with the Delta, Seals, SAS etc.

I wonder if in places like Malta or Equador people go on internet forums and say their special forces are up their with the SAS, Seals, Delta etc, my bet is they do.

The Defence forces of Ireland are a full time professional Army, only a clueless idiot would attempt to claim part time soldiers are better trained than full time professional soldiers, the exception being TA SAS. But again, to even attempt to compare TA SAS to a full time professional elite force like the ARW just makes you look foolish, I've stopped taking you serious.

TA SAS are not real Special Forces, nobody who is a full time Special Forces soldier would consider them to be so.

Stop embarrassing yourself, your credibility is going into the minus now.

You're a typical STAB who has read one too many issues of Combat and survival.

Jawgap wrote: »
    Are @crusader777 and @artyboy the one individual ?

Hmmmm..... The ol' spider senses are tingling........

How'd you work that one out?
    You'd wanna re calibrate your 'spidey senses'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Hang on, ArtyBoy were you in the RDF or PDF? Pure curiosity of course.

iceage wrote: »
    Hang on, ArtyBoy were you in the RDF or PDF? Pure curiosity of course.

PDF, you?

In my day it was called the FCA. Was also a snot nosed cadet in the UK yonks back.

Sorry for the interruption.. Please do go on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

ArtyBoy wrote: »
    How'd you work that one out?
    You'd wanna re calibrate your 'spidey senses'

Exhibit A.....
    I meant pathfinders.
    Long day ;-)

Exhibit B.....
    Typo, its late.

The point still stands.

You both seem to fatigue easily and when you do you make typographical and factual errors.......

Secondly, when you were ArtyBoy you mentioned P Company being the pathfinders then when you were called on that you made a very poor attempt to deflect the issue as cruasder777, before going on as cruasder777 to argue the point!

Third, issues such as phrasing, grammatical errors and use of full stops in acronyms (or not) seems unusually consistent between the 'two' of you.

Anyway, 'both' of you keep going - as Friday threads go, this isn't a bad one.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

Exhibit A.....

Exhibit B.....

You both seem to fatigue easily and when you do you make typographical and factual errors.......

Secondly, when you were ArtyBoy you mentioned P Company being the pathfinders then when you were called on that you made a very poor attempt to deflect the issue as cruasder777, before going on as cruasder777 to argue the point!

Third, issues such as phrasing, grammatical errors and use of full stops in acronyms (or not) seems unusually consistent between the 'two' of you.

Anyway, 'both' of you keep going - as Friday threads go, this isn't a bad one.....

wrong again columbo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Out of mind numbingly curiosity , pray tell who or what is a "STAB"

There are variations, but generally it stands for Stupid TA Bastard.

Owryan wrote: »
    Out of mind numbingly curiosity , pray tell who or what is a "STAB"

Stupid TA Bastard - do you not know anything:D

artyboy or cruasder777 will be along in a minute to give a fuller explanation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Ah lads.........what the fup have I just read!?

Sheesh!

Stupid TA Bastard - do you not know anything:D

artyboy or cruasder777 will be along in a minute to give a fuller explanation

Sorry for not being current on BA lingo. I ll go off n download Soldier/Soldier so I can bring my level of military knowledge up to crusader/artyboys level, or would you recommend I read wikipedia ? :-D

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/ARRSEPedia_Intro

Tis the only way to go folks..

As above like Red buses, I'm sure either of the guys will be along.

Hand bags at the ready chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Owryan wrote: »
    Sorry for not being current on BA lingo. I ll go off n download Soldier/Soldier so I can bring my level of military knowledge up to crusader/artyboys level, or would you recommend I read wikipedia ? :-D

jesus!!

We're talking about tier 1 units here....Soldier Soldier will be no good in this instance. You need Ultimate Force!!

jesus!!

We're talking about tier 1 units here....Soldier Soldier will be no good in this instance. You need Ultimate Force!!

Can honestly say I ve never heard of it

Exhibit A.....

Exhibit B.....

Grammatical errors? You're not one of those sado's are ya? That was a hypothetical question.

Also how the hell can you tell if someone fatigues easy or not considering you don't know what a person may or may not have done to make them tired?

I suggest you get a life and stop trying to concoct conspiracy theories based on your 'spidey senses'

I didn't make any attempt to deflect anything, stop being a reprobate and stick to the facts. Crusader surprisingly seems to be calling you on BS, is this your effort to deflect?

As is often the case on these military internet forums, they are in large populated by ex FCA or some such who are unjustifiably arrogant and ignorant on many military matters, particularly in relation to full time service.

Grammatical errors? You're not one of those sado's are ya? That was a hypothetical question.

Also how the hell can you tell if someone fatigues easy or not considering you don't know what a person may or may not have done to make them tired?

I suggest you get a life and stop trying to concoct conspiracy theories based on your 'spidey senses'

I didn't make any attempt to deflect anything, stop being a reprobate and stick to the facts. Crusader surprisingly seems to be calling you on BS, is this your effort to deflect?

It's spelled 'saddo' and you meant to ask if it was a rhetorical question - unless you're being ironic, which I doubt - but if you are - well played, sir:pac:

All getting a bit heated in here, STAB comments and FCA digs.. I'm waiting to be called a Sandbag and then I'm off!:eek:

iceage wrote: »
    All getting a bit heated in here, STAB comments and FCA digs.. I'm waiting to be called a Sandbag and then I'm off!:eek:

STAB's are a breed unto themselves, incomparable to the fine troops of the F.C.A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭SplitCartridge

Unfollow has been clicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

This thread needs to be discharged.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Ya dzope, I explained it was a mistake. At least my knowledge is not gained from xbox 360 and wikipedia, I have served in the defence forces, have you?
    And I don't mean the reserves.

I am not convinced that membership of full-time forces as opposed to reserve forces gives anyone any particular credibility as to the nature of the UK's pathfinder unit, unless that full-time service was in self-same pathfinder unit.
    Haha You were a STAB :D and you come on here spouting nonsense, don't make me laugh.
    That explains your claim that TA SAS selection is harder than real SAS selection.

Thanks for that, STAB ALERT!!! You've got zero credibility.

[Mod]I had to look up the definition of STAB. After doing so, infraction for personal abuse.[/mod]

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

OK, I'm locking this thread.

A couple of observations as I do so.

1) This is an incredibly stupid thing to be arguing over. And I'm not sure anyone is even correct. http://sofrep.com/4650/three-sof-phrases-that-i-hate/

2) I am not a fan of people going on at reservists just for the sake of their being reservists. Usually it has nothing to do with the topic at hand to begin with, and it's insulting. Granted, as one myself, I may be a bit biased, but on the other hand, my PQR I get every year tells me I've earned as many points in my 12 years of reserve service as a full-time soldier has in over six years. I think I've done enough time to deserve some respect for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement