Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stealing somebody else's partner

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Moving in on somebody and sweeping them off their feet is one thing , stealing them away suggests they had no say in the matter , the offer/ person was to good to turn down and they didn't feel as much for boyfriend or partner as maybe they thought ...it happens .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

In my experience the boyfriend finds out, they have major crisis talks then **** like crazy, pledge undying love to each other and leave you holding your dick and completely out in the cold. Steer clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Its a really hateful thing to do to someone OP and it could backfire very badly on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭luvnit!

MagicSean wrote: »
    Actually you can only steal something that doesn't want to be stolen. Otherwise it's not stealing

And you have no problem with the fact that he has no problem with cheating?

Sure. When a girl does it she's having some fun but when a guy does it he becomes a cheating bastard. Hate that double standard.

Why thank you for pointing that out, I hadnt realised that!! note the sarcasm!!
    Of course, but he was unhappy in his relationship at the time I knew this.

If he did ever cheat on me i'd be gone out the door like a shot.

And he knows that!!!!

everyone deserves a chance, and so far he has proven himself to be trustworthy, kind, loving and loyal and stuck with me through very hard times.

but thanks for your diligence in pointing out a matter that as you can imagine after 6 years has come up and been discussed as I am not a "rose tinted glasses" kinda girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Pherekydes wrote: »
    You're jumping to too many conclusions. A person who's happy in a relationship won't cheat.

So why can't people who are unhappy just dump their partner before shagging someone else? I think MrStuffins is right. I think it's really naive to think that someone who cheated on someone with you won't cheat on you with someone else. It's really arrogant (but amusing) when people think it's somehow different for them because they're so special, as if the ex didn't think the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    So why can't people who are unhappy just dump their partner before shagging someone else? I think MrStuffins is right. I think it's really naive to think that someone who cheated on someone with you won't cheat on you with someone else. It's really arrogant (but amusing) when people think it's somehow different for them because they're so special, as if the ex didn't think the same thing.

Again, jumping to conclusions. No one cheated with me on their partner. I have total trust in my wife; she's never cheated on me and never will. That's not arrogance, it's the truth.

P.S. I am special. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Well the girl. only kissed the OP under the Mistletoe, he is hoping for some thing more, But at the end of the day its only a bit of fun and if you get laid all the better. Just don't start up a meaningful relation ship with her and you will be grand, sex if fun, **** still in college you are both young and should be enjoying yourselves.

Advertisement