Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stealing somebody else's partner

Options
  • 17-12-2011 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I fancy a girl I go to college with. We talk daily, flirt and kissed under the mistletoe on a recent class night out :cool: but the only problem is she has a boyfriend from back home!

Have you ever started a relationship with somebody already in a relationship? How did it work out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

It's in your own interest to respect normal social boundaries and to form relationships only with others who do likewise.

Or do you want a gf who flirts and kisses other people when you aren't about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

You gotta ask yourself two questions.

Is her bf crazy?
    Does he have hands the size of shovels?

If the answer to either of the above is yes I would steer clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

stebe wrote: »
    I fancy a girl I go to college with. We talk daily, flirt and kissed under the mistletoe on a recent class night out :cool: but the only problem is she has a boyfriend from back home!

Have you ever started a relationship with somebody already in a relationship? How did it work out?

I've always found that once a cheat always a cheat. Its fcuking awful to find out you were cheated on, so put yourself in your mans shoes... would you like it if you found out your girlfriend cheated on you? Tell her if she wants to be with you to break up with the other guy first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

The kind of person that would cheat on their partner with you is not the sort of person you should date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

My wifes best friend is on her way round and i want to bang her does that count

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It's all gonna end in tears. Probably yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Yeah do it there is absolutely nothing that can go wrong:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

People's GF's and BF's can't be stolen. They leave.

Unless of course you're kidnapping them and holding them in a dungeon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

I think that's a normal thing to happen in college. She's moving on with life and the bf decides to stay at home? is he working? college somewhere else?

Anyway, they'll grow apart mainly because you're going to slowly take her away from him and there's nothing he can do about it. Enjoy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

No I haven't. and would like to think that I never would. not really so much to do with not doing that to another person ( as the cheater would probably do it with someone if not you anyway ) but more to do with self respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Temporary hapiness for longer term pain isn't really worth it... unless she is going to break up with her boyfriend. Besides, you only fancy her and as of yet you've had one kiss, under the mistletoe, a bit of festive fun, albeit perhaps a mistake on her part if she actually cares about her boyfriend.

I'd quit while your ahead and keep as friends... you may also run the risk of screwing up the relationship as friends completely if things didn't go the way you hoped and you might come out worse then when you went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Go for it!

My wife (the current one) was already married when I met her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Unless of course you're kidnapping them and holding them in a dungeon.

For the avoidance of doubt, Chuck is not recommending you do this.

Right Chuck?

Right?

And stebe - go for it, never mind the naysayers here. The worst that will happen is a broken heart, not fatal last time I checked, upside is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

It's only cool to do it in movies because the boyfriends are always dicks, so it's romantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭tigger123

If you like her go for it, she's obviously not happy with the guy she's with! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

adhere to the bro code!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,323 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You can not steal something that does not want to be stolen.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Go for it!

My wife (the current one) was already married when I met her.

Her next husband will probably say the same thing. Maybe it's the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

MagicSean wrote: »
    Her next husband will probably say the same thing. Maybe it's the op.

Long way to go yet! Married less than 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stebe

She says shes torn between both of us! She only see's him 2 days a week wheras she see's me 5 days a week!

Also did I mention she is ridiculously hot!!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

She says shes torn between both of us! She only see's him 2 days a week wheras she see's me 5 days a week!

well the only thing to do is track down her boyfriend and stab him in the eyes

i bet she rides him for the whole two days each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭tigger123

FatherLen wrote: »
    adhere to the bro code!

All's fair in love and war... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭luvnit!

Met my fiance when he was with someone else, we're 6 years together now. :D

Of course I felt bad about it, he had been unhappy for a awhile and when he met me it was just the push he needed to leave.

I reckon you've got to be sure this girl actually likes you, otherwise your going to end up very upset, also you'll lose a friend.

I know plenty of women/men you have had affairs/cheated and have no intention of leaving their other half, you've gotta be sure before you rush into anything.

Good luck with it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Who's stealing anything? If she's up for it, just ride her! Carpe diem and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ted1 wrote: »
    You can not steal something that does not want to be stolen.

I said that to the judge but apparently four TVs and a laptop doesn't count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

So she does the dirt on him 5 days a week.

And she does the dirt on you 2 days a week.

Classy chick.

Do her lips taste salty when she comes back to you after a visit home?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Well do you actually like her or do you just want the ride?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

She's assessing you both in terms of what is convenient for her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

No,it's never ok.

Unless it's Gerry Brannagan's wife your after, in which case, go for it!

Advertisement