Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

lol, since when did lies become truth ? Satan is the father of all lies.

Satan doesn't exist and politicians will say whatever you want to hear. That includes all the ones who are opposing this charge.

If they were in government they'd be getting behind it because they have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭The Quadratic Equation

Satan doesn't exist

The best trick he ever pulled.
    Any proof of that for us ?
    and politicians will say whatever you want to hear.

No they don't, polticians are liars, I don't want to hear their lies.
    Honest people do not go into Irish politics, and who could blame them, hence the mess the country is in.

The best trick he ever pulled.
    Any proof of that for us ?

Reality.
    No they don't, polticians are liars, I don't want to hear their lies.
    Honest people do not go into Irish politics, and who could blame them, hence the mess the country is in.

You know they are all liars and yet you post Enda's comments from years ago like he was telling the truth then and you believed him at some stage.

Oh look. Things change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

lol, since when did lies become truth ? Satan is the father of all lies.
    Take it to the bible forums!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Quoting something someone said 17 years ago is clutching at straws.

Things change.

Things do indeed change. Just look at Sly Phil reducing the charge for the septic tanks today to try and get people to register. I think they realise they are in trouble here too. People not registering and they don't have details of households with septic tanks and trying their best to cajole them into registering so that they can crucify them in the future.
    Don't register for Angela's taxes folks. You do and your got.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Things do indeed change. Just look at Sly Phil reducing the charge for the septic tanks today to try and get people to register. I think they realise they are in trouble here too. People not registering and they don't have details of households with septic tanks and trying their best to cajole them into registering so that they can crucify them in the future.
    Don't register for Angela's taxes folks. You do and your got.

Angela's Taxes....isn't that a Frank McCourt novel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I see they have reduced the sceptic tank fee, from fifty euro to just five for three months as 'an incentive for people to register and pay early'

Their doing everything they can to try and hoodwink gullible people into registering, then they have you for life!

This looks like the first signs, that the Govt has begun to crack under the obvious pressure of sensible people refusing to register and pay this money to bondholders!

Once again, I'll repeat.

Don't register, don't pay!

The Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan has announced a reduced inspection fee for septic tanks.

Mr Hogan said the fee will be reduced from €50 to €5 for the first three months when the charge is introduced in April.

He said the lower rate was an incentive for septic tank owners to register early.

The deadline for registration will be March of next year.

Mr Hogan said the forthcoming legislation will ensure that if people's septic tank systems are working properly, the impact of the new system will be minor.

He said the full guidelines will be announced in two weeks' time.

Speaking in Co Tipperary this evening, Mr Hogan also said that 2,000 jobs will be created with the setting up of the new semi-state company, Irish Water.

The company will oversee everything to do with water and septic tanks across the country.

It will have full responsibility for investment and the delivery of services.

A "water regulator" will also be set up, but the Minister reiterated that water metering remains central to the new system.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0206/septictank.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,503 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

mikom wrote: »
    Galway folks, don't forget tonight.....

Anyone going along please ask Clare Daly to answer clearly is she telling other people to break the law like she says she will herself. When asked on the Frontline programme she said other people had come to her and told her they weren't paying and she was just representing their views. But as a TD if she directly tells someone to break the law they might come back to her in a years time or longer with the legal consequences hanging over them so I suspect she wouldn't answer clearly.

Anyone going along please ask Clare Daly to answer clearly is she telling other people to break the law like she says she will herself. When asked on the Frontline programme she said other people had come to her and told her they weren't paying and she was just representing their views. But as a TD if she directly tells someone to break the law they might come back to her in a years time or longer with the legal consequences hanging over them so I suspect she wouldn't answer clearly.

If any of them do come out and tell people not to pay they should be fired.

We expect our politicians to be honest except for when it suits us for them not to be.

Ghandee wrote: »
    I see they have reduced the sceptic tank fee, from fifty euro to just five for three months as 'an incentive for people to register and pay early'

Their doing everything they can to try and hoodwink gullible people into registering, then they have you for life!

This looks like the first signs, that the Govt has begun to crack under the obvious pressure of sensible people refusing to register and pay this money to bondholders!

Once again, I'll repeat.

The Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan has announced a reduced inspection fee for septic tanks.

Mr Hogan said the fee will be reduced from €50 to €5 for the first three months when the charge is introduced in April.

He said the lower rate was an incentive for septic tank owners to register early.

The deadline for registration will be March of next year.

Mr Hogan said the forthcoming legislation will ensure that if people's septic tank systems are working properly, the impact of the new system will be minor.

He said the full guidelines will be announced in two weeks' time.

Speaking in Co Tipperary this evening, Mr Hogan also said that 2,000 jobs will be created with the setting up of the new semi-state company, Irish Water.

The company will oversee everything to do with water and septic tanks across the country.

It will have full responsibility for investment and the delivery of services.

A "water regulator" will also be set up, but the Minister reiterated that water metering remains central to the new system.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0206/septictank.html
    In the face of overwhelming opposition they'll probably lump it into the Electricity bill instead. :mad:

• Advertisement

Isn't this septic tank thing something that the EU was planning to introduce for some years now or am i thinking of something else?

Isn't this septic tank thing something that the EU was planning to introduce for some years now or am i thinking of something else?

Yes. There is a EU directive from 2000 but Ireland was given a derogation until 2015. If not implemented by then (to prevent pollution of groundwater by septic tanks not operating properly) Ireland will face fines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Speaking as someone who's on the waiver list you should all hurry up & pay like a good lad.
    This is a good spectator sport for someone in my situation, I can't see them blanket fining half the country come the due date.
    Expect the deadline to be extended another few months, fines will then be handed out when Dail is on it's summer recess, then you'll see the first fallers who don't have the stomach for the long haul.
    Rather than imprison people they'll find a way of recouping it upon the sale of the house, plus interest.
    Fun times ahead indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

A question for those who know how to use Google, is a mobile home site liable for the sepic tank charge ?.
    Well I say a septic tank, it's more like a couple of sunken concrete rings with gravel in the bottom & some maggot ridden rabbit corpses to aid digestion ;)
    Should fly through no bother.

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Speaking as someone who's on the waiver list you should all hurry up & pay like a good lad.
    This is a good spectator sport for someone in my situation, I can't see them blanket fining half the country come the due date.
    Expect the deadline to be extended another few months, fines will then be handed out when Dail is on it's summer recess, then you'll see the first fallers who don't have the stomach for the long haul.
    Rather than imprison people they'll find a way of recouping it upon the sale of the house, plus interest.
    Fun times ahead indeed.

I'm exempt too, due to an unfinished (which I can't see ever being completed) estate.
    I'll still urge other people not to register and pay though, enough is enough, they'd tax our oxygen if they could! All to repay bondholders gambling debts!

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Fun times ahead indeed.

Feel free to join in whenever you like. As a disinterested observer you might like to comment on which side you think is winning the debate. That's if you don't succumb to some horrible disease from your "septic tank".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

...you might like to comment on which side you think is winning the debate...

I don't know who is winning the debate, but the poll seems to indicate the Nos have it so far :cool:

Tis surely :)

Good old EU Directives. One big fix for all our assorted problems :rolleyes:

And this craic of the opposition TDs all just being liars and having to resign etc. for advocating the stance against the charges is a bit hysterical innit?
    They are after all representing a significant number of people.
    If you mean the FG TDs have lied, just like the previous government then fair enough, but the likes of the ULA and independent TDs in the 'Against' camp aren't lying when they argue for non-payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Could pay the charge but i won't be. Asking around work last week and i'd say 20% tops out of 30 or so people said they will be paying. Can see this one being the straw that breaks the camals back. Enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pete M. wrote: »
    I don't know who is winning the debate, but the poll seems to indicate the Nos have it so far :cool:

Tis surely :)

Good old EU Directives. One big fix for all our assorted problems :rolleyes:

And this craic of the opposition TDs all just being liars and having to resign etc. for advocating the stance against the charges is a bit hysterical innit?
    They are after all representing a significant number of people.
    If you mean the FG TDs have lied, just like the previous government then fair enough, but the likes of the ULA and independent TDs in the 'Against' camp aren't lying when they argue for non-payment.

The Shinners and Clare Daly's of this world are just as bad. Just telling people want they want to hear.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

K-9 wrote: »
    The Shinners and Clare Daly's of this world are just as bad. Just telling people want they want to hear.

At least give them a chance to prove that in Government :D

Suarez to score the winner. Now that is what you want to hear ;)

• Advertisement

Once again, I'll repeat.

Slimey Phil is now in panic mode and thinks people are stupid and cheap enough to be bought for €45.

Guess what Phil, the answer is still no.

Is that David "BUY MY BOOK" Mc Williams narrating?

Another populist panderer.

Slimey Phil is now in panic mode and thinks people are stupid and cheap enough to be bought for €45.

Guess what Phil, the answer is still no.

Exactly.

Further proof that they legally can't force you to pay this ridiculous charge. Seriously, you don't see them offering a 95% reduction on your fees for registering for vat returns etc.

Carrot on a stick!

Tbh, they're actually insulting the Irish peoples intelligence with their blatant lies, and continuing FF's brown envelope/back hander policies by offering cosy reductions for people to register.:rolleyes:

#imbeciles

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

If any of them do come out and tell people not to pay they should be fired.

We expect our politicians to be honest except for when it suits us for them not to be.

I honestly cant believe im reading this crap... im begining to think we have bond holders and bankers on this forum!!

So basically what your saying is when the government make a mistake which happens all the time, TD's have to keep there mouth shut and go with the flow?????? Reminds me of another recent party that ran this country into the ground.

Its time for the government to seek alternative money saving and money making ideas that is healthy for the economic state of this country and the only way this will happen if people ignore this and DONT REGISTER, DONT PAY.

I ask people every day if they are paying and the response has been no so far which makes me happy that not everyone are robots and asking how high when the government say jump and have a backbone in there body!

I wonder is the person a member of the government who keeps posting here hell bent on this stupid crazy insane tax.

Well done and thumbs up to all the No Supporters you make me and everyone else proud and gives us some hope for the Irish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

Exactly.

Further proof that they legally can't force you to pay this ridiculous charge. Seriously, you don't see them offering a 95% reduction on your fees for registering for vat returns etc.

Carrot on a stick!

Tbh, they're actually insulting the Irish peoples intelligence with their blatant lies, and continuing FF's brown envelope/back hander policies by offering cosy reductions for people to register.:rolleyes:

#imbeciles

I agree 100% its such a pity that there still are people so closed minded not to see this which is evident with some of the posts, lets hope there is more backbone in people and hopefully the do-gooders will be ignored maybe we might have a chance then of the country not being run into the ground even further.

Mr CJ wrote: »
    So basically what your saying is when the government make a mistake which happens all the time, TD's have to keep there mouth shut and go with the flow?????? Reminds me of another recent party that ran this country into the ground.

Nope, that's not what i said at all. I said that if TDs are actively telling people to break the law, they should be fired.

If they want to oppose the charge, then fine, but it is beyond their remit to tell people what taxes they should and shouldn't decide to pay.

Would it be ok if they told people not to bother with motor tax or if they told people running their own businesses to fix their books to pay less tax?

Pete M. wrote: »
    At least give them a chance to prove that in Government :D

Suarez to score the winner. Now that is what you want to hear ;)

The Shinners are getting their chance in the North.

But apparently their coalition Governments are different to ours! ;)

PS. You jinxed Suarez.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Mr CJ wrote: »
    I honestly cant believe im reading this crap... im begining to think we have bond holders and bankers on this forum!!

Its time for the government to seek alternative money saving and money making ideas that is healthy for the economic state of this country and the only way this will happen if people ignore this and DONT REGISTER, DONT PAY.

I ask people every day if they are paying and the response has been no so far which makes me happy that not everyone are robots and asking how high when the government say jump and have a backbone in there body!

I wonder is the person a member of the government who keeps posting here hell bent on this stupid crazy insane tax.

Well done and thumbs up to all the No Supporters you make me and everyone else proud and gives us some hope for the Irish!!

Yeah, massive opposition online, when you can click a poll option or give a Facebook thumbs up.

Just about sums it up alright, hence the huge marches and civil unrest over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Snazzy_Chazzy

Forward this on to as many as you know, very interesting!

“You won’t get a bill because the charge is a Statute. People need to understand this: A Statute is a “legislated rule of society given the force of law by the consent of the governed.”(Black’s Law Dictionary 4th edition). Who are those it governs? Us, the public.
    This household charge is a Statute, otherwise known as an Act of Government and only carries the force of law upon you if you consent to it which means that you are legally obliged to pay if you consent or in other words go on to householdcharge.ie and register. Your silence and inaction will also give the appearance of no consent. If you do not consent, a Statute cannot affect you in any way whatsoever.
    The courts know this and the last thing they will do is tell you. In fact they will hide this from you at every opportunity they can. On the other hand, if you tell them, they will accept it because they know it is actually true. According to the above definitions a statutory instrument is a contract. If you register for this “charge” you are consenting to this statute ie: signing the contract. This is why the Government are ASKING the people to register and not just billing them instead.” :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement