Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

I don,t think the pro household tax posters will be too happy with these numbers in one area.
    Annette O' Neill, Head of Finance, Wexford County Council confirms that only 100 people have paid the Household Tax in Co.Wexford so far. The 2011 census revealed that there are 68,500 houses in the county, obviously some will be exempt but so far that is a massive indication that Wexford resolutely says NO WAY WE WON'T PAY

http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=309627239081255&id=244762212234425

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Am Chile wrote: »
    I don,t think the pro household tax posters will be too happy with these numbers in one area.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=309627239081255&id=244762212234425

Time to send in the Jew hunter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Slick50 wrote: »
    The Bishop won't be reporting his neighbours, remember he doesn't know anybody who won't be paying this tax. Also, he thinks dining out a few times a week and three foreign holidays a year are still the norm.

+1 But bishop donal, ian64 or black francis refuse to see that it is not the €100, but the fact it is being levied against our homes. You can bet you life when the sh*t really hits the fan in the not too distant they will be threatening us with evictions for failling to pay.
    Why else would it be neccessary to attatch the debt to our homes. It is only going to raise c. €160m. It shouldn't be too difficult to raise that in other ways, but as things get tighter it will be neccessary to have greater leverage to extract every last cent from the plebs. This is just the first step to getting legal justification for taking everything.

Provided they dont charge you of course, "raise 160m sure that'd be easy oh but dont charge me for it, make everyone else pay"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

donalg1 wrote: »
    Provided they dont charge you of course, "raise 160m sure that'd be easy oh but dont charge me for it, make everyone else pay"?

Is that you donal:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Am Chile wrote: »

On yer bike Donal. You show them you mean business.

• Advertisement

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Is that you donal:pac:

Well I will be paying the €100 because its the law and unlike a lot of people in Ireland today I dont assume I can decide which taxes I do or dont pay, I pay them, I might not be happy about it but I pay them.

Well I will be paying the €100 because its the law and unlike a lot of people in Ireland today I dont assume I can decide which taxes I do or dont pay, I pay them, I might not be happy about it but I pay them.

Its the law, good man donal.

Pure sign of a sheeple.

Its the law, good man donal.

Well it is, and if you dont like the laws we have in this country sure cant you always head off to the airport.

Well it is, and if you dont like the laws we have in this country sure cant you always head off to the airport.

The airport is subject to the laws of the country also donal.

But let me ask you, if a family are in serious trouble, and actually cant afford the household tax when its €700, what then, pay what they dont actually have, because its the law?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Bishop donal, Donalg1.

Seperated at birth?

But maybe not.

Re-badged and forgot which one they were id say.

The airport is subject to the laws of the country also donal.

But let me ask you, if a family are in serious trouble, and actually cant afford the household tax when its €700, what then, pay what they dont actually have, because its the law?

When its €700 they can decide what to do, but as it is now its €100 which they can afford and so can everyone so that is not an excuse that works this year unfortunately.

So you do know where the airport is then, like I said if your not happy in this country you can always leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 B.J

kezo777 wrote: »
    Hi,all. I am renting a house with my family and as the rest of the people living in rented properties i am excluded from household charge by law. Landlords however aren't. They will pass this payment to tenants-no doubt about that.Untill there's no mechanism to stop it from happening i cant see me paying for something that is not applicable from legal point of wiev.I would like to support non payment campain as such just because it creates lots of tensions between tennant and landlord ant ,tbh, i cant see any value for money in this payment, it's just same nonsense as carbon tax.Ice caps melting in Mars aswell,but has anybody seen a single SUV driving there?

Well put....
    So Pat Rabbit has another communist idea... Every home owner will have to pay a broadcasting "tax" instead of tv licence fee in future. All to pay RTE fat cats huge wage bill, an the dinosaurs like Gay f***in Byrne, Pat f***in Kenny an Marian f**kucan . Now aren't u glad u registered for the household tax as they are going to collect it with that, this is only the beginning of the things they will add on to that an nothing u can do to stop it as u didn't read the small print...

B.J wrote: »
    Well put....
    So Pat Rabbit has another communist idea... Every home owner will have to pay a broadcasting "tax" instead of tv licence fee in future. All to pay RTE fat cats huge wage bill, an the dinosaurs like Gay f***in Byrne, Pat f***in Kenny an Marian f**kucan . Now aren't u glad u registered for the household tax as they are going to collect it with that, this is only the beginning of the things they will add on to that an nothing u can do to stop it as u didn't read the small print...

Wait until they decide that everyone should pay Road Tax as well regardless of whether you have a car or not. Only a matter of time i'd say.
    Never trust a crowd who specifically put a tax on Childrens' Shoes in 1974.

It is time people stood up for themselves.

When its €700 they can decide what to do, but as it is now its €100 which they can afford and so can everyone so that is not an excuse that works this year unfortunately.

Well its the law according to you donal, so there wont be any excuse, even when they cant pay, again according to you donal.
    So you do know where the airport is then, like I said if your not happy in this country you can always leave.

I do know where the airport is? Is this some sort of little jibe donal? And whether i stay in this country or not is nothing to do with the likes of you donal:)

If everyone unhappy with this country`s measures left, only yourself and your twin, and a handful of others would be left donal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Hijpo

id leave but i cant afford the plane ticket, or the savings if things dont work out where im going.

Hijpo wrote: »
    id leave but i cant afford the plane ticket, or the savings if things dont work out where im going.

We are ok, its not against donals Irelands laws to stay here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Hijpo

But what if he comes looking for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 B.J

B.J wrote: »
    Well put....

Wait until they decide that everyone should pay Road Tax as well regardless of whether you have a car or not. Only a matter of time i'd say.

You may not be too far off the mark there tayto, as there are rumours that this road tax option will save a fortune on not having to built these new toll bridges and that way everyone with or without a car who use the roads are paying for the privilege. The lunatics are in charge of the asylum now without doubt. We have the "taxes" now roll on death.....

• Advertisement

Hijpo wrote: »
    But what if he comes looking for me?

Its his twin you need to worry about there...
    I would like to see a Group established to support local authorities in ensuring this tax is collected.

I would be prepared to work for them on a voluntary basis to ensure all eligible houses in my area are tracked and identified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

I suspect Mr. Noonan won't be around for very much longer. It looks as if they're trying to oust him IMHumbleO

Well its the law according to you donal, so there wont be any excuse, even when they cant pay, again according to you donal.

I do know where the airport is? Is this some sort of little jibe donal? And whether i stay in this country or not is nothing to do with the likes of you donal:)

If everyone unhappy with this country`s measures left, only yourself and your twin, and a handful of others would be left donal.

The law according to me really? Or is it just law? Pretty childish answer there Robbie but well done for losing any credibility you had left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Ian64

Some of you won't be happy 'till everyone is in sackcloth and ashes it seems. I was out walking my dog for the last hour and I can tell you there are very few out in the pubs. I passed approx 9 and hardly anyone in them. Made a point of looking in. No cars outside either. If people do have a drink it is probably at the weekend and only a few according to the publicans on the radio.
    There is plenty of money in Ireland, the savings ratio has never been higher.
    Last year the O2 in Dublin was the 5th busiest indoor venue in the world!
    I see no shortage of people smoking, eating out, paying for skysports and movies etc.

Dear Tayto,
    They dont need the regristration from the Household charge to get details for the Broadcasting Tax (A tax i deeply disagree with), The Data Protection Commissioner will have no problem with them using utility bills to find out who lives where, they can also use Revenue records,Social "Freemoney for the lazy" welfare records.

That was actually the Budget of 1982 not 1974.
    but sure we know you just hate facts and reality.

The law according to me really? Or is it just law? Pretty childish answer there Robbie but well done for losing any credibility you had left.

Now now donal, if you believe credibility amounts to anything on your keyboard, you just keep on fooling yourelf there. I have to laugh at some on this, thinking they actually amount to anything more than an anonymous internet site poster.

But anyway, you said this,
    When its €700 they can decide what to do
    So now its up to them to decide, once it reaches €700, and not the law you say. And here i was thinking you said the law is all that matters, not peoples circumstances. Well done donal the (in)credible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Ian64 wrote: »
    Dear Tayto,
    They dont need the regristration from the Household charge to get details for the Broadcasting Tax (A tax i deeply disagree with), The Data Protection Commissioner will have no problem with them using utility bills to find out who lives where, they can also use Revenue records,Social "Freemoney for the lazy" welfare records.

You really are a very judgemental nasty little man.
    Has it ever ocurred to you that some people are on the dole through no fault of their own?
    In fact I know a few folk who have been made unemployed due to the recession, that would gladly work for less than they receive on the dole. Purely because their dignity and pride has been stripped from them.

I have a job btw, a reasonable job, never had to claim SW in my life. If I however find myself in a position of actually needing it. I will not be classing myself as lazy though. I can assure you of that one!

You are one of the biggest trolls I've encountered on boards so far.

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »
    You really are a very judgemental nasty little man.
    Has it ever ocurred to you that some people are on the dole through no fault of their own?
    In fact I know a few folk who have been made unemployed due to the recession, that would gladly work for less than they receive on the dole. Purely because their dignity and pride has been stripped from them.

I have a job btw, a reasonable job, never had to claim SW in my life. If I however find myself in a position of actually needing it. I will not be classing myself as lazy though. I can assure you of that one!

You are one of the biggest trolls I've encountered on boards so far.
    Holding a valid political and social view (Liberalism) is not trolling.
    The fact that I dont believe that my taxes should be used so that junkies can have travel passes is not trooling.
    The fact that i believe that free money should be limited to old and genuinely infirm is not trolling.
    If people cant find work let them try elsewhere in the eu, or at the very least require them to present themselves for community work (cleaning grafitti, etc) to qualify.
    Because im not a leftie doesnt make me a troll

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement