Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Ian64

BTW I'm not a nasty little man, Im 6foot tall and 16 stone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Ian64 wrote: »

Maybe you should pay a big mans tax then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

?:confused:?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

There is plenty of money in Ireland, the savings ratio has never been higher.
    Last year the O2 in Dublin was the 5th busiest indoor venue in the world!
    I see no shortage of people smoking, eating out, paying for skysports and movies etc.
    I suppose in your little world these people would be taxed(again) for going for a meal before a gig in the o2, or for having a cigarette after the gig etc etc....

Holding a valid political and social view

I would imagine anyone else`s view is only a valid view when its the same as your view though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Nasty little mind though!
    Being so self righteous is not a very nice trait in a human being...

:D
    robbie7730 wrote: »
    Maybe you should pay a big mans tax then.

gerryo777 wrote: »
    I suppose in your little world these people would be taxed(again) for going for a meal before a gig in the o2, or for having a cigarette after the gig etc etc....
    No point is people have plenty of money for going concerts,pubs, boozing, meals out, but when you ask them to contribute to the services that they use which are provided by the state the cry poverty!

I would imagine anyone else`s view is only a valid view when its the same as your view though.
    I presume you talking about yourself and Mr Potato Head (tayto)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Bickering = bans from here.

Fair warning.

• Advertisement

Mod

Bickering = bans from here.

Fair warning.
    Point Taken

Point Taken
    Bow to the powers that be, instantly:)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Bow to the powers that be, instantly:)

Mod

Banned.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ghandee wrote: »
    You really are a very judgemental nasty little man.

banned.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

On further review Ian64 banned for generally trolling.

Now can we please get this train back on the tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Now now donal, if you believe credibility amounts to anything on your keyboard, you just keep on fooling yourelf there. I have to laugh at some on this, thinking they actually amount to anything more than an anonymous internet site poster.

But anyway, you said this,

So now its up to them to decide, once it reaches €700, and not the law you say. And here i was thinking you said the law is all that matters, not peoples circumstances. Well done donal the (in)credible.

Only problem is there is no guarantee the Household Charge will ever reach €700. However, for now it is €100 so the law says you must pay the Household Charge which is €100, its quite simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

donalg1 wrote: »
    Only problem is there is no guarantee the Household Charge will ever reach €700. However, for now it is €100 so the law says you must pay the Household Charge which is €100, its quite simple really.
    So do you really believe it will not rise ?

So do you really believe it will not rise ?

Yes because it is going to be replaced with a property tax, the household charge is an interim measure until the property tax has been put in place. The property tax however will be much higher than €100, but for now the household charge is in and thats €100.

This thread asks the question will you pay the household charge, and I said yes I would because thats the law, same as motor tax, and I wouldnt consider driving my car untaxed or uninsured so I cant have a different view on the Household Charge as I am unable to pick and choose which laws to abide by and which to break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I cant have a different view on the Household Charge as I am unable to pick and choose which laws to abide by and which to break.

You must have a view. That's why God invented man. He'd have stopped on the fifth day if we were all to be sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Domitius Felix Invictus Aurelianus

I wont be paying the HH charge unless its taken directly out of my account, leaving me with no choice. Ive payed hamsome price for my house which is half of what it is worth now, luckliy ive have it payed off, regardless I wont be paying a cent more for it unless I can see the tangible effects of were the 100 euro has gone, like them poxy potholes that have been on my main road to work for the last ten years, occasionally filled in by up to four County Councillor workers. nope not paying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I cant have a different view on the Household Charge as I am unable to pick and choose which laws to abide by and which to break.

Lol

RoboCop is guided by three prime directives written into his programming:
    1. serve the public trust
    2. protect the innocent
    3. uphold the law.

Does not compute.

Ps.
    What's your views on the use of copyrighted images as avatars..... and the law?

http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/avatars/Cartoons_-_Beavis.gif?v=1

mikom wrote: »
    Lol

RoboCop is guided by three prime directives written into his programming:
    1. serve the public trust
    2. protect the innocent
    3. uphold the law.

Does not compute.

Ps.
    What's your views on the use of copyrighted images as avatars..... and the law?

http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/avatars/Cartoons_-_Beavis.gif?v=1

Couldnt care less about the use of avatars, they are of no relevance to anything in this thread. Besides if you mean the law doesnt matter to me in relation to my avatar well its Boards.ie that need to be worrying about that not me. See I worry about myself and my home and my finances I let others worry about their own.

Like I said I will be paying it, I do not intend breaking the law. If you choose not to pay it then fine thats your own choice.

I assume that when the property tax is brought in you wont be paying that either and you are prepared to go to court over it too? I wonder where the TD's leading the non payment campaign will be when your before the judge?

squod wrote: »
    You must have a view. That's why God invented man. He'd have stopped on the fifth day if we were all to be sheep.

Yeah my view is I dont want to break the law over the Household Charge so I will pay it, thought that was pretty clear from my posts.

I wonder where the TD's leading the non payment campaign will be when your before the judge?

My what before a judge?

My what before a judge?

you're, sorry didnt know you were a member of the grammar police, but thanks for answering my questions btw or should that be by the way

you're, sorry didnt know you were a member of the grammar police, but thanks for answering my questions btw or should that be by the way

Can't believe you broke the law......

Can't believe you broke the law......

Cant believe you are going off topic after the mod banned people for doing the same. But yeah keep deflecting, by all means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Hijpo

My what before a judge?

I take it you hate the people of iceland because of what they did to there government?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

I see no shortage of people smoking, eating out, paying for skysports and movies etc.

Agreed Ian. They crib over this tax but bet they wont get rid of a 2.5 ltr vehicle cause they need it to go to the shop to look good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Gareth2011 wrote: »

Agreed Ian. They crib over this tax but bet they wont get rid of a 2.5 ltr vehicle cause they need it to go to the shop to look good.

Alot of people seem to think everyone is putting on the poor mouth just to avoid the tax. What about the legitimate home owners? I stated my circumstances earlier in the thread and was told it was only a load of waffle. Iv made sacrafices not to be in arrears, when will i get a break from paying out more money?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement