Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hrpuffinstuff

YOur right, but I heard Sandra from Wexford on Ray Darcy last week and I think her ideas great, give the 100 to Crumlin instead, they are in a bad way for money and also its telling the big boys that we wont be bullied anymore and its our decision what we do with our money!
    Does anyone agree with her? I do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Dear posters,
    I cant believe this thread ran so long , its a simple yes or no question.
    Kind regards , Enda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Ghandee wrote: »
    Resorted to name calling now Francie lad?

Tut tut.

They all do eventually - it's part of the expression of the fascist gene.

You must be wiping the floor with them 'cos you're attracting an impressive range of insults, allegations and attempted characterizations from the clueless drones.

Ooops! - did I just use a collective characterization? It's catching, innit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

i I want FF to stay in power

****! Someone tell him what happened at the last election.......:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Wild Bill wrote: »
    ****! Someone tell him what happened at the last election.......:cool:

'Someone' usurped the democratically elected governance of our country.

*cough*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Paid mine tonight. I have no problem with the concept of a property tax. I have major problems with the reason why we have introduced it but that is not reason enough not to pay it. Bottom line is, the country is in a financial mess and we have a responsibility to chip in now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

im not payin anyhow

what is that nonsense about money going to local government

isn't it all one big pot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Ghandee wrote: »
    Resorted to name calling now Francie lad?

Tut tut.

They all do eventually - it's part of the expression of the fascist gene.

You must be wiping the floor with them 'cos you're attracting an impressive range of insults, allegations and attempted characterizations from the clueless drones.

Ooops! - did I just use a collective characterization? It's catching, innit?
    You reply to that post by name calling!! Good lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

M cebee wrote: »
    im not payin anyhow

what is that nonsense about money going to local government

isn't it all one big pot

It's probably going in someones back pocket. Anyone trust these fvckers?

Pints are on Yellow Hen tonight. Local councillors couldn't give a fvck about your moral views, they just don't want the gravy train to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

M cebee wrote: »

isn't it all one big pot

no, it's all in a tiny pot.

About half the size of the ladle in fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

yellow hen wrote: »
    Paid mine tonight. I have no problem with the concept of a property tax. I have major problems with the reason why we have introduced it but that is not reason enough not to pay it. Bottom line is, the country is in a financial mess and we have a responsibility to chip in now.

Tell the truth. You are paying because Enda said you went mad years ago.
    Then again he said it wasn't your fault earlier ???
    Maybe you are paying for the Mahon Tribunal as well or another dig-out for Bertie.
    What was that about the country being in a mess ?

cloptrop wrote: »
    Dear posters,
    I cant believe this thread ran so long , its a simple yes or no question.
    Kind regards , Enda.

Dear Enda,

Did you take your friend Denis O'Brien to the U.S. with you for Paddy's Day. You both go back a long way.

Concerned poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Considering Bertie's massive unexplained untaxed funds will people be less or more likely to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

When you hear them talk on the radio it's like listening to the Mafia, "Everyone will pay, sooner or later and if they don't we'll get you"

Interesting to see what they do to 1.4 million households.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

When you hear them talk on the radio it's like listening to the Mafia, "Everyone will pay, sooner or later and if they don't we'll get you"

Interesting to see what they do to 1.4 million households.

Cut their services would be my guess. They did it to households in '47 who glimmered gas when gas was being rationed. They can cut electricity gas and water.

Cut their services would be my guess. They did it to households in '47 who glimmered gas when gas was being rationed. They can cut electricity gas and water.

What services exactly ?

What services exactly ?

Emm.. Electricity, gas, water. Did you even read my post? Or did you just see cut services and mash your keyboard in rage. Deep breath and read next time. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Then there will be consequences for the coucils who cut those services. The majority won't pay, the unions and campaign groups outnumber those who are willingg to cut services and take the payment from peoples wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Emm.. Electricity, gas, water. Did you even read my post? Or did you just see cut services and mash your keyboard in rage. Deep breath and read next time. ;)

Electricity and gas is not provided by local authorities. Water sure. Sink a well.

I already pay for my ESB, bins, gas. All privately done. I will pay for my water if necessary but won't pay a Household charge. Nothing to do with the Govt at all. I never lose my temper at all even when they try to provoke me. Cool clean hero am I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Ecu

Anyone expect political fallout here, say if 1 million homeowners boycott the household charge, thats a whole lot of law breaking citizens and there families. Will the Irish public as a whole become more comfortable with breaking the law, maybe have less regard for law?
    Or will hundreds of thousands get uncomfortable with being law breakers and pay up later? Will they blame their politicians or themselves?
    Will the household charge mood feed into the coming referendum?

I already pay for my ESB, bins, gas. All privately done. I will pay for my water if necessary but won't pay a Household charge. Nothing to do with the Govt at all. I never lose my temper at all even when they try to provoke me. Cool clean hero am I.

State subsidised. They can if they want.

State subsidised. They can if they want.

I would live in the dark with a rain barrel for water if necessary before i'd pay this tax on my home. No chance.

Ecu wrote: »
    Anyone expect political fallout here, say if 1 million homeowners boycott the household charge, thats a whole lot of law breaking citizens and there families. Will the Irish public as a whole become more comfortable with breaking the law, maybe have less regard for law?
    Or will hundreds of thousands get uncomfortable with being law breakers and pay up later? Will they blame their politicians or themselves?
    Will the household charge mood feed into the coming referendum?

Yes. This is protest. Protest that works. Building a fücking tree hut on Dame St. Is protest that does not work.

The Government are ****ting frisbees with this. This could embolden the nation into not paying a raft of taxes. No motor tax until fuel comes down, no tv licence until RTE is reformed or broken up. It will be a watershed moment. Civil disobedience lives or dies here. All IMO.

As regards people going to jail, the country hasnt sent bankers, criminlas like bertie, peadophiles and corrupt property developers to jail so I dont think they would get away with sending an ordinary joe soap to jail. Unless im overestimating peoples ability to act in this country. I am delighted that so few have paid this charge.

I would live in the dark with a rain barrel for water if necessary before i'd pay this tax on my home. No chance.

A decision to be respected rather than the lie down and take it attitude of many.

I only saying there has been precedence in times of the national interest, 1947 where they cut services to na'erwelldoers abodes. In fücking much crueler conditions, -20 temperatures for six weeks. A chidden Irish Government can be a vindictive shower of fücks.

I only saying there has been precedence in times of the national interest, 1947 where they cut services to na'erwelldoers abodes. In fücking much crueler conditions, -20 temperatures for six weeks. A chidden Irish Government can be a vindictive shower of fücks.
    We will put manners on them this time.
    I have never saw a people who are so angry before.
    Old and young united in fighting this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Ecu wrote: »

The Mahon tribunal couldn't have been released on a better occasion. If there was anyone who needed convincing of how corrupt FF/FG are well now you're being told, officially.

By and large the citizen is trustworthy. By and large the politicians are not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 minnieq

NO i wont pay the charge and will not be running to pay it either!! I dont have the money to spare to pay, i can just about keep a roof over my head. For what money i do earn the goverment are taken a nice bit in tax! and to top it all of i do not avail of one of the items on the list that was in the post today! eg: Public parks, street lights, planning and development (we pay for that anyway) Public areas ( i have green field all round me) cleaning the streets (Never in my life have i seen a street cleaner out my way!)

They can shove their bullyboy tactics where the sun dont shine, The goverment have gone about the whole thing the wrong way and i really hope that people stand up to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement