Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Is it me - or is that AP intern vehicle not very well thought out - I know its hard to verify from a photo and im not sure how much kit the AP interns and tutors etc carry - but storage doesn't seem well thought out - to me.

Would think something like a Landcruiser or an Audi A6 type machine would carry the same amount - no???.

And yes I know - cost??? - but as far as I know - the UK police etc can get great deals on Audis, BMWs and the like so should be possible to get a decent deal - no?.

Is it a weight thing (hence why I say Audi A6 type machine (heavier) - and if so - surely the way to go would be a new purpose built van.

Im probably been way too fussy and contrary though - and its probably perfect lol.

London Air ambulance seem to be able to fit everything into the boot of an Octavia hatchback???.

Old diesel wrote: »
    Is it me - or is that AP intern vehicle not very well thought out - I know its hard to verify from a photo and im not sure how much kit the AP interns and tutors etc carry - but storage doesn't seem well thought out - to me.

Would think something like a Landcruiser or an Audi A6 type machine would carry the same amount - no???.

And yes I know - cost??? - but as far as I know - the UK police etc can get great deals on Audis, BMWs and the like so should be possible to get a decent deal - no?.

Is it a weight thing (hence why I say Audi A6 type machine (heavier) - and if so - surely the way to go would be a new purpose built van.

Im probably been way too fussy and contrary though - and its probably perfect lol.

London Air ambulance seem to be able to fit everything into the boot of an Octavia hatchback???.

Can't fit all the interns though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

foreign wrote: »
    Can't fit all the interns though.

Fair point - looks overkill to a casual observer - but if that's whats needed to get the crew in - then awesome :).

Still not keen on the storage arrangements though - doesn't look very well thought out.

How many interns and tutors are there though in a vehicle - thought it might be an intern and tutor or 2 interns and a tutor - or at most 2 interns a tutor and a driver.

Fair point - looks overkill to a casual observer - but if that's whats needed to get the crew in - then awesome :).

Still not keen on the storage arrangements though - doesn't look very well thought out.

How many interns and tutors are there though in a vehicle - thought it might be an intern and tutor or 2 interns and a tutor - or at most 2 interns a tutor and a driver.

Couldn't tell you the numbers, one of the NAS lads will confirm that. And DBF use a Vito rather than the Mondeo estate that was there in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

But I'm frairly sure they had those vans lying around and just re-purposed them, much cheaper than buying a new 4x4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Saw one of the new Focus estates earlier with blues and twos. Nice to hear the older siren sound from the pre 07 cars. The avensis sound too much like an ambulance.

Saw one of the new Focus estates earlier with blues and twos. Nice to hear the older siren sound from the pre 07 cars. The avensis sound too much like an ambulance.

That would be because they were kitted out by Wilker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

foreign wrote: »
    That would be because they were kitted out by Wilker.

Who fits out the rest? Do Sonic still do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Who fits out the rest? Do Sonic still do it?

didn't the depot do most of the stuff this time, got contractors in for the stuff they couldn't do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I heard a load of sirens a while ago, must have been for that crash in town. Hope everyone is ok.. That part of town is a nightmare to drive through people just walk out infront of you and then you have cyclists and motorbikes.....

• Advertisement

carzony wrote: »
    I heard a load of sirens a while ago, must have been for that crash in town. Hope everyone is ok.. That part of town is a nightmare to drive through people just walk out infront of you and then you have cyclists and motorbikes.....

Supposely the biker rider is ok and hope tango car driver is ok!!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

POGAN wrote: »
    Supposely the biker rider is ok and hope tango car driver is ok!!

Where is that car from ? Is it a detective one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

3fullback wrote: »

Traffic I think .

Hopefully everyone is recovering well after it. Never nice to see a bike in a crash.

3fullback wrote: »

tango for castle!

same one that was in bike chase on traffic blues seasons too that did 200km and the bike rider in that clip was lifted for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Seen today coming towards me on the Merrion rd, but no photo. Met blue Harley with AGS crest on windscreen but no blue light or 'GARDA' signage.

2 choices - Members private HD :) , OR, Chancer using AGS crest to intimidate motorists to move out of his way :mad:

(Had one of these HD's in matt green ('army style' ) try to intimidate me one day on the M50 by roaring up behind me and revving the engine ( I was passing slower traffic so let him pass thru the gap if he wanted !) - once the road cleared I gunned my V8 up to 120kph and left him spluttering as he pulled over to the hard shoulder :P:P ( maybe all that revving had clogged up his engine :rolleyes: )

Why were you in the way? Don't overtake unless your way ahead is clear.

Why were you in the way? Don't overtake unless your way ahead is clear.

Moving along in passing lane, more cars in front doing same, so WHY should I pull over for idiot / bully trying to force his way thru on Moto. IF he's all fired up then let him pass between the cars, otherwise WAIT his turn until we've all passed the slower traffic and then he'll have a clear run to pass the rest of us if he wishes can :rolleyes:

Unmarked Volvo - U-turn over a solid white line :o
    bike looks like ex-AGS (single seat), or unmarked bike :confused: :cool:

Capri wrote: »
    Unmarked Volvo - U-turn over a solid white line :o
    bike looks like ex-AGS (single seat), or unmarked bike :confused: :cool:

So every single seat bike is ex ags then????

mick-doohan-honda.jpg

It looks like a Honda CBR600 or CBR1000 Not ex AGS. They come in white for civvies too.

Nothing funny about it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

That S60 has no bumper blues or anything - ministerial car maybe?

• Advertisement

sdeire wrote: »
    That S60 has no bumper blues or anything - ministerial car maybe?

Been around the city with GTC 6 years now - check out behind the grille, inside the reversing light lens and the aerial on the rear wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Seen today coming towards me on the Merrion rd, but no photo. Met blue Harley with AGS crest on windscreen but no blue light or 'GARDA' signage.

.......... )

Probably someone from the "Blue Knights" they're doing some charity run or something.

pa990 wrote: »
    Probably someone from the "Blue Knights" they're doing some charity run or something.

Their World Rally was held in Ireland at the start of last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

1003082_547924205265889_1563785544_n.jpg

You on the motorbike .... back to the Blue Oyster Bar with you....

Been around the city with GTC 6 years now - check out behind the grille, inside the reversing light lens and the aerial on the rear wing.

There some photos of it on my flicker account
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/61432778@N03/7703236274/

Is there any legal status/guidance to the red flashing lights in use lately, blue/amber/green yes but the reds. I saw them on the front of a tow truck the other day and a lot of Garda vehicles are now using them - but have they been added to the RTA ? :confused:

Is there any legal status/guidance to the red flashing lights in use lately, blue/amber/green yes but the reds. I saw them on the front of a tow truck the other day and a lot of Garda vehicles are now using them - but have they been added to the RTA ? :confused:

Front? No. Rear, yes.

Front? No. Rear, yes.

Isn't it European legislation that traffic fleet have to have the rear reds?

POGAN wrote: »
    Isn't it European legislation that traffic fleet have to have the rear reds?
    That's my understanding also.

• Advertisement

That's my understanding also.

Don't think so. Battenburg was copied from the brits. The regular do more accidents then traffic. Every patrol car should have rear reds for accidents and stops.

Advertisement