Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Old 'BRITISH SOUTH AFRICA POLICE MOTOR TRANSPORT' (Rhodesia / Zimbabwe ) cars

http://www.rhodesianforces.org/BSAPvehicles.htm

http://www.sa-transport.co.za/police_and_riot/police.html

You know that garda car that looked like it was belong to RTE? With the strange lightbar that seemed out of place on a Garda vehicle?

Well I was just crossing the road an hour ago in Drogheda and a siren took my attention. A very similar car (looked like the same lightbar, very UK-style) came belting up the road and flew past me. Of course I didn't have the camera at the time (always the way) but I only really copped the lightbar when it's back was to me (chunky red and blue lights looked quite well, actually).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Like this?? These light bars were trailed on a couple of 07 mondeos.

Hooch wrote: »

And Santry's Vectra.

Vectra-Rear.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Love them light bars

• Advertisement

POGAN wrote: »
    Love them light bars

I used to like them too but LED technology is after totally surpassing strobes, making these redundant

I used to like them too but LED technology is after totally surpassing strobes, making these redundant

Think this is strobe. Saw it one day on the M50 and the lights were crap.

focus_front.jpg

focus_rear.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Are these bulbs or LED foreign, i assume LED? They are a rare shape IMO, they look like the old cheap rotating bulb lightbars !

That looks CACK 4N!!! Jesus they went backwards with that one

Are these bulbs or LED foreign, i assume LED? They are a rare shape IMO, they look like the old cheap rotating bulb lightbars !

Strobe if I remember correctly. Not led because I hardly noticed them
    That looks CACK 4N!!! Jesus they went backwards with that one

Seems to be the only one with it. There is a matrix and the light bar. It's tiny and hard to see in daylight.

Here it is from when we were pimping out the country a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

That's super troopers material right there KKV, it doesn't matter what happened before that IMO, but as badass as it looked there was no need to lift the handbrake.... :pac:

That's super troopers material right there KKV, it doesn't matter what happened before that IMO, but as badass as it looked there was no need to lift the handbrake.... :pac:

Pot calling the kettle black - no matter what provocation, it's up to the GS to control themselves at the very least and try to behave professionally :mad:

When members behave like those they're supposed to be policing (pulling a handbraker, then talking about HIS driving ), then the rule of law is going out the window and those members will be disciplined :o

(Speaking of 'handbreakers' , I had a member on his rothar do it beside me, front brake jammed on and back wheel up in the air :rolleyes: lucky it didn't clip my car :mad: )

foreign wrote: »
    Strobe if I remember correctly. Not led because I hardly noticed them

Seems to be the only one with it. There is a matrix and the light bar. It's tiny and hard to see in daylight.

Here it is from when we were pimping out the country a couple of weeks ago.

Gas, our lads in the suits, and the SS :eek: in 'Hamptons casual' chinos :cool:
    Wonder they didn't try to get the X5 in the door of Finnegans, the Super might have got knocked down :P

Well going on what the mule said he failed to stop when asked above, he did not provide the video before that so I'm guessing it isn't really as he stated on Facebook!

About the manner of driving the tango didn't know what to expect other than car failing to stop, all traffic are trained drivers at the end of day spilt second decision are made by them to stop the car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

A comment from the op of the video onto Facebook :

Marc Heath
    i will be honest the passenger let off a small air horn going beside but thats no way to stop someone plus the the unmarked mondeo was pulling me over first so i was starting to slow down nice and easy getting ready to stop when ZOOM SKID OH **** SLAMMING THE BRAKE PEDAL and da fuq lol

So there's the reasonable cause for the technique deployed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Awful driving, someone could have came out with a serious back injury in the patrol car had the car not stopped or decided to put the foot down.

Still must be a reason he only posted up the end of the video, if he had nothing to hide he would post up the whole video. So a case of two bad drivers, one with a camera winding the Garda up and the Garda going over the top. People are trying to spin it for more than it is which is a bad traffic stop.

I'd also like to see the full video. How long did he fail to stop?

And Santry's Vectra.

That looks to be the one alright. From the front it was neither here nor there, but from behind it looked quite impressive.

As was the driving. The road they were going up is a pain in the bollocks, and they overtook a rigid truck on it, too. I was only watching from a distance and I nearly needed a change of pants. Some set of balls to drive confidently like that.

Think this is strobe. Saw it one day on the M50 and the lights were crap.

Seen that posted on here before and it looks as bad now as it did then. Like early 90s Russia or something. Horrible kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

3fullback wrote: »
    Marc Heath
    i will be honest the passenger let off a small air horn going beside but thats no way to stop someone plus the the unmarked mondeo was pulling me over first so i was starting to slow down nice and easy getting ready to stop when ZOOM SKID OH **** SLAMMING THE BRAKE PEDAL and da fuq lol

So the bloke was being an a()hole and is dismayed at being treated like an a()hole.

Knew there was a reason for selective video editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Capri wrote: »

HSE Mobile control unit entering DFB Tara St

259587.jpg

I've seen Tullamore's mobile control unit. It's not left the garage in years and only has the milage from the suppliers-converters-station. Seem to remember it's less than 100. Thing is spotless inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 drill

BX 19 wrote: »
    I've seen Tullamore's mobile control unit. It's not left the garage in years and only has the milage from the suppliers-converters-station. Seem to remember it's less than 100. Thing is spotless inside.

That is the Tullamore control unit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

drill wrote: »
    That is the Tullamore control unit

Must have went on a trip so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 3581

3fullback wrote: »

Marc Heath

That man wont last too long in the job. He'll be out on disability very quickly at that rate of going. Incidentally, you wont find that particular 'technique' on any of the car courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

Re the video of tango unit.

The guy has put the full video up on FB now, and it shows him what looks like making off at speed, his friend is heard saying in the video 'have you got your guns in the boot' or something very similar, his friend lets off an air horn... fair play tango lads..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Re the video of tango unit.

The guy has put the full video up on FB now, and it shows him what looks like making off at speed, his friend is heard saying in the video 'have you got your guns in the boot' or something very similar, his friend lets off an air horn... fair play tango lads..

airsoft guns ?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

airsoft guns ?

Most likely - I'd hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Any link ?

cant find it on facebook at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

That’s why I hate the shorter videos it acts like tunnel vision, focusing on a single action which lacks the context of bigger picture and the preceding actions.

Advertisement