Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

You can't compare a vito and a transit when it comes to handling.

I amn't, I am comparing the sizes though, Vito is similar size to transit, and I assume they're replacing them with connects for a reason (which probably only makes sense in their heads)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

It makes perfect sense to replace transits with connects.

-there are no seats in the back of the transits so the space is wasted unless you're moving bikes or traffic cones.
    -a separate driving course isn't required to drive the connect
    -they're cheaper

The transit T280 in use at the moment isnt fit for purpose. It was when it had rear seats but once they were taken out, the need for a large van being used in the way it is was lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Brand new Connect in Tralee, Kerry already - exact same as one in photo in the Gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

searescue wrote: »
    Brand new Connect in Tralee, Kerry already - exact same as one in photo in the Gallery.

Do you have any idea if it replaced a van or a patrol car?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

kub wrote: »
    Do you have any idea if it replaced a van or a patrol car?

Couldn't tell you.

• Advertisement

Focus ST estate

Wouldn't mind seeing a few of these. It's a one off build by Ford Special Vehicle Preparations. I wonder will they put it into production as a police vehicle if enough forces are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Guinness plant Fire/Ambulance unit ( small ladders on the roof, don't see a door ladder tho to get them down by ? :confused: )

Capri wrote: »
    Guinness plant Fire/Ambulance unit ( small ladders on the roof, don't see a door ladder tho to get them down by ? :confused: )

Stick it in the Gallery thread as well ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Saw that Focus a few days ago with its blues on, not as bad as people have been making the light bar out to be. Maybe not as bright as the ones on the Toyotas or regular Focus but a lot better then the old style light bar on the Mondeos and other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

What size engine is on the Traffic Corps Focus?

• Advertisement

Hogzy wrote: »
    What size engine is on the Traffic Corps Focus?

1.6 TDCI 115 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

1.6 TDCI 115 I think.

:eek:
    God forbid they ever have to chase someone with such a lack of power.

Power would be the only downfall with those, Focus generally have excellent handling.

Should of been issued with Ecoboost version.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭belacqua_

That lightbar on the traffic Focus is shocking, looks like something found on a Soviet-era Eastern Bloc Lada police car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Hogzy wrote: »
    :eek:
    God forbid they ever have to chase someone with such a lack of power.

Its actually quite a nippy engine with great pickup.
    I discovered the reason they got the estates is there are no new Focus saloons being made.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Ya there is. Saloons are big business here, the US, Russia and eastern Europe.

ford__focus_saloon__2011__001.jpg

And the saloons this time round are actually nice :p

Not available here yet though.
    Fine looking car tho.

They are, been out a while actually.

Nothing on the Ford Ireland website about them. Not when I looked on friday at least. Noticed it's there now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The ladders are mounted on a gantry that slides back and down for access, you can see the handle just over the back door. Most fire appliances have these.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Nearly sure the faded Land Cruiser is with the water unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Rawhead wrote: »

I would say you are correct, note the green sticker on the back window. Either the compressed air is for diving or the driver is a funny man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

searescue wrote: »

Maybe they should have got VW Caddys - better handling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Rawhead wrote: »

You often see that Land Cruiser, or one that looks very like it, around Croke Park on match days.I could be mistaken but I think I've seen it delivering food to the guards at barriers. I've seen it parked outside the Aviva too.

Almost sure the Connects are built on the same chassis as the Focus. Have heard that the Caddys are quick though.

If VW had won the contract, maybe. But they didn't.

You often see that Land Cruiser, or one that looks very like it, around Croke Park on match days.I could be mistaken but I think I've seen it delivering food to the guards at barriers. I've seen it parked outside the Aviva too.

Thats a Nissan.

Apparently, according to a fellow i was talking to, in Drogheda there was a jeep and 'small van' (connect?) hanging around the town of late.

The van was normal and marked, but the jeep, which is white, had the single stripe down the side, GARDA on the doors, and that was it. No lightbar and no GARDA on the bonnet. Apparently the two (van and jeep) were travelling together.

Guy isn't really much of a bullsh*tter, so I'd tend to believe him, but I've never heard of anything like this before.

There were mounted (horsey) Gardai in the town recently, for school visits and such, so I thought maybe it was their jeep, but then the van being with them doesn't make sense, and I'm fairly sure I've seen the jeep that brings the horses around and it's fully marked up, anyway.

Anyone got any idea?

(also, that lightbar on the recently posted Garda car is atrocious looking. If they want to put writing on the light bar, why not just use the same lightbar that goes on the RSU Volvos instead of that horrible lego-block styled one?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

foreign wrote: »
    Thats a Nissan.

So it is! Tired looking yoke all the same.

Advertisement