Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada or Australia, which do you prefer to live?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

if you choose canada make sure you have anti-freeze in your car http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmonton/2009/12/13/12141366.html

and we were complaining about the snow and cold last year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've been to neither but I know for a fact that I'd choose Canada if I had to make a decision between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

Every opportunity I have I head for Canada fantastic place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,285 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Never seen the appeal of australia... so canada for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm off to Canada after Christmas :D I chose there because I got awarded a scholarship for a college.

But its the best option. I am far too pale for the Australian sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Can I have a sausage roll with two eggs option in the poll please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Was on holiday in Canada and loved it, could definitely see myself living there, it seemed like a lovely place. Feels like a mix between Europe and what I imagine America is like.

Have no interest in going to Australia, even on holiday, too many Irish. :pac:

FWIW, if you're thinking of upping stakes and going to a country where the economy isn't going down the ****ter, go to Brazil. It's a billion times better than Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Canada for me.

Bryan Adams
    Celine Dion
    Shania Twain.

Need I say more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Canada for me.

Bryan Adams
    Celine Dion
    Shania Twain.

Need I say more.

Yes, change your username and off you go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 eleven1

Australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I've travelled around Australia for 2 months and I have lived in the Canadian Rockies in Alberta. Canada without a shadow of a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I've never been to Australia but have travelled all over Canada and the US, and I would be surprised if there is a more beautiful country on the planet than Canada. It's also safe, clean, closer to home, and as someone said earlier, devoid of any creepy crawleys etc.

Brilliant country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Canadians are staggeringly dull.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I can't see the appeal of either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,088 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Canadians are staggeringly dull.

Quoted for mother****ing truth.
    Im here 9 months and it can get very, very boring.

That said, Australia seems like the land that ireland exports its assholes to.

a rock and a hard place. I'd rather go back to asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

Id recommend Brazil over both countries, beautiful women, beautiful beaches, the Amazon and looked highly upon as a westerner with English, just make sure you can speak Portuguese. And the most obvious thing a booming economy.

I've got a few cousins after moving over to Australia permanently and they say its great but personally myself no idea. I have family living in Canada and I've been lucky to go to Vancouver and Toronto, Toronto is miserably cold in the winter and Vancouver actually has a great climate but the ocean is bloody freezing up there. I remember going swimming in just shorts and some Canadians telling me I'm mad, I thought it would be like Ireland... big mistake haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

Montreal is great and not boring.. Vibrant, happening city.. I'm not sure bout The rest of Canada tho'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Ain't been to either but Canada would be my choice.

I don't do heat very well and I can't stand sitting aboot on a beach like some sort of moronic goat staring at lightning.

Also,

The Rocky Mountains
    Snowboarding
    Continental climate
    Bears
    Mountain Lions (my favorite big cat)
    Wolves
    Endless forest
    Wilderness
    Log cabins

Beaver

Moose
    Rodeos (would love to go to one)
    BBQ's
    Maple bacon.
    Clean air

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Not been to either but I'd have to say definitely Canada. I've been really wanting to go for ages, it seems like a pretty cool place. Oz, on the other hand, I have never had any desire to go near.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Ain't been to either but Canada would be my choice.

I don't do heat very well and I can't stand sitting aboot on a beach like some sort of moronic goat staring at lightning.

Also,

The Rocky Mountains
    Snowboarding
    Continental climate
    Bears
    Mountain Lions (my favorite big cat)
    Wolves
    Endless forest
    Wilderness
    Log cabins

Beaver

Moose
    Rodeos (would love to go to one)
    BBQ's
    Maple bacon.
    Clean air
    The US has all that and more. Why would anyone choose Canada over the United states?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    The US has all that and more. Why would anyone choose Canada over the United states?

Cause you can't get a visa for the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Cause you can't get a visa for the states.
    Surely they'd be happy to take English speaking Europeans with third level degrees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Swordsp

Canada would be my first choice, I was there before, it was brill, I'd did only go for a holiday, so not too sure what it would be like long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

blow69 wrote: »
    Home And Away has led me to believe that Australia is indeed a very dangerous place to live what with all the killings, natural disasters and all.

And that's just a little bayside village.

Imagine the scene in Sydney, Perth et al.

:eek:
    Good surf though.

And if there ever is a natural disaster Alf throws on the Orange jumpsuit and everythings grand in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The murder rate and cheaper healthcare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

CanaJBda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Australia seems like its full or sun loving arseholes and Canadians are.. boring. Only boring people or arseholes will beg to differ as you're immune from noticing :pac:

Now I'm sure that's probably a bit like saying we are all drunkards so take no notice but anywho I would opt for Canada I would not travel many times further for the sun and there are a lot of folk stuck in hostels there and that is why I wouldn't like to be in the US anywhere interesting seems too expensive to survive in adequately. Not sayin that doesnt happen in Canada but there seems to be more benefits although I'd never have a skill in demand but then again I don't have a skill that is in demand here either so :~|

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

Err free health care, few red necks, open and tolerant society?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

plus biebers from there....case closed

Advertisement