Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada or Australia, which do you prefer to live?

Options
  • 12-12-2011 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello everyone, I am thinking of migrating maybe at some point in the future and wondering which country do you all prefer out of these two?

Canada:
    -Good quality of life, free health care and education, beautiful scenary and good climate in some parts (Vancouver). Though Winter can be bad (Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa etc).

Australia:
    -Also good quality of life (though Canada I believe is higher), hotter weather and also good scenary ( Canada is still better, more variety IMO).

I have visited both but only Australia for 3 weeks and I'm wondering what country you'd all prefer. I didn't say US because it's impossible to get into. :P

Regards

Which Country Do You Prefer?? 200 votes

Canada
    0% 0 votes
    Australia
    83% 167 votes
    Don't care but I can't resist a poll/can't decide
    16% 33 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭hoorsmelt

Oz is ****e tbh, the heat is unbearable, drink and the price of living is incredibly expensive, and it's full of creepy crawlies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

What?

Oh, canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Cue ridiculously generic observations, ignorant claims and sweeping statements.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Canada for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Canada without a doubt for me. Closer and cheaper to get back to Ireland if needs be. Nicer people, amazing scenery, ease of access to US, good job prospects depend on city, again same with quality of life, good services, safe to raise a family and not overrun with the drunken Irish type that go to Australia so the Canadians don't really have any problems with Irish people.

Been all over both countries and I'd pick Canada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Can't we let both of them live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Lived in both, Canada by a country mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

canada, buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

australia has scenery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Have never been to Australia. Out of the countries I have been to I'd say I'd like to live in America or Ireland. Not interested in anywhere else for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Canada, Australua is too far away + they have the top ten most dangerous everything down there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

An isolated log cabin on the coast of British Columbia, Ahhh...heaven. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

America

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

was married to a Canadian and lived out there for a while, never again, winters too cold and it's boring. Australia on the other hand is a great country, great weather and so much stuff to do outdoors. I'd still rather live in Ireland or UK though as Australia's just too far away but glad I got a chance to spend some time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

Been to neither really and was thinking Canada over Australia recently... But... from all the 'paper' research I've been doing, Australia is surprisingly winning out. Biggest thing seems to be the outdoor lifestyle there compared to Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Canada, as I have family there, and it would be easier to visit home if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,995 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

hoorsmelt wrote: »
    Oz is ****e tbh, the heat is unbearable, drink and the price of living is incredibly expensive, and it's full of creepy crawlies.

Unfortunately, most of these are Australians.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭davepatr07

Lived in both countries and it's a hard one to call though if you live in Oz you can always travel to NZ's South Island which has similar scenery to Canada's West Coast (Outdoor adventure type-ski, hiking, camping etc). Like somone mentioned already Toronto and much of East is either bloody freezing or bloody hot. Vancouver is just nice but very expensive with accommodation and cost of living (well when I was there 5 years ago). I've a friend from there and she's now moving with her partner to Toronto because it is too expensive.
    If I had the money to live in Canada and had work organised in Nova Scotia or Newfoundland it would be there, nice parts of the country too. Closest to home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Captain McDuck

Australia would be great if it not full of Australians... complete wnakers....

Canadian chicks give the best head in the world and give it as standard. FACT...

Go Canada...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Maedbhish

Canada!

Do you not know who Robin Sparkles is?? :O

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I think Canada is currently voted as the best place to live in the world at present but can't confirm that.

You can ski in the winter,

You can also smoke weed legally - need I say more ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Which one has less Australians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I haven't been to either, but I'd go with Canada because I can't stand heat. Friends of mine went to live in oz for a year a couple of years back, and they said they actually cried with the heat. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,995 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There are only two problems with Canada:

1. Some of them think they're French.

2. The neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Home And Away has led me to believe that Australia is indeed a very dangerous place to live what with all the killings, natural disasters and all.

And that's just a little bayside village.

Imagine the scene in Sydney, Perth et al.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Not sure about Canada but really its not that easy to migrate to Australia, the reality is only about 3000 Irish people migrate here per year (less than 10,000 since July 2008).

most Irish people pretend to migrate to Australia but they are really only on a working holiday which funny enough is a holiday at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DColeman

France!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Abi wrote: »
    I haven't been to either, but I'd go with Canada because I can't stand heat. Friends of mine went to live in oz for a year a couple of years back, and they said they actually cried with the heat. No thanks.

then you'd want to skip the canadian summers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

I've been to Canada, never been to Australia.

Loved Canada. The people were nice, friendly atmosphere, lots to do. Gets extremely cold in the winter though, and is a bit pricey.

Advertisement