Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

CAN - SOMEONE - PLEASE - TELL - US - WHERE - THIS - TOOK - PLACE, FOR - THE LOVE - OF - GOD.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I dont want to give the exact area, but its in and around the Tyrrelstown, Ongar side of things.

??????

Correct me if I'm wrong but imo tyrrelstown is nowhere near ongar

amdublin wrote: »
    ??????

Correct me if I'm wrong but imo tyrrelstown is nowhere near ongar

I have an agreement with the residents that i wouldn't post on a public forum were this is due to some people selling the house and they fear it will lower the price. I was giving a rough idea what side of Dublin 15 this took place. I would like to give the exact specifics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So you have an agreement with the residents not to name where it happened, but are happy to throw out the names of other places where it may or may not have happened and associate those places with the incident, rightly or wrongly ?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Is it in Mulhuddart?

Also, Archiphel, I'm not a mod of this forum, therefore I'm a normal poster here just like you. It might be an unhelpful post but it's the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Please just report posts you feel breach the charter, don't get into a discussion of it on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I must say I just dont believe the content of Dre's posts. Theyre starting to become farcical.

I have friends in both Tyrrellstown and Ongar, and while there are some petty crime issues, this 8 mile stuff is not credible.

You do indeed come across as a Garda hater, and im wondering if you have cried wolf a little too often at this stage. I have needed the services of the Guards twice for car related crime in the last 3 years and on both occasions they were prompt and courteous, and im not far from Ongar myself.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I must say I just dont believe the content of Dre's posts. Theyre starting to become farcical.

I have friends in both Tyrrellstown and Ongar, and while there are some petty crime issues, this 8 mile stuff is not credible.

You do indeed come across as a Garda hater, and im wondering if you have cried wolf a little too often at this stage. I have needed the services of the Guards twice for car related crime in the last 3 years and on both occasions they were prompt and courteous, and im not far from Ongar myself.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I don't know anything about the stories above. But can't say I've been un-impressed with the Garda response times in the general area for years. Always get the "not enough resources".

However they seem to have stepped up their presence. I'm seeing at lot more cars on patrol. Which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

January wrote: »
    Is it in Mulhuddart?

Also, Archiphel, I'm not a mod of this forum, therefore I'm a normal poster here just like you. It might be an unhelpful post but it's the truth.

I'm pretty sure this is Saddlers estate in Mulhuddart.

Anyway - this is information that Dre put online when he was moving to new place.

I can't believe that on such a small estate so many bad things are happening. Looking at his posts - Every single house there must have been broken in at least twice.

Dre knows so many stories that I start to believe it is his fantasy and dreams.
    Look at the history of this thread - every second bad behavior in D 15 is reported by him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

We are actually holding off on the papers story, there are papers who want to do stories about what is going on in Dublin 15 as well as a documentary crew. We are trying to talk with the police, but the initial conversation with them was about how much more we can do. Not about how little they are doing !! We want to work with the garda but we are just not getting anywhere.

Holding the papers and a documentary crew at bay probably while negotiating the movie rights.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Dont think John Quirk is still there. I think they have a new guy.
    The web site must not be updated:
    garda.ie wrote:
    Blanchardstown Garda Station,
    Main Street,
    Blanchardstown,
    Dublin 15.

+353 1666 7000

District HQ: Blanchardstown
    District HQ Tel: +353 1 666 7082
    District Officer: Superintendent John Quirke

District Detective Superintendent Walter O'Sullivan

Divisional HQ : Blanchardstown
    Divisional HQ Tel: +353 1 666 7000
    Divisional Officer: Chief Superintendent Declan Coburn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Everyone has the right to question/verify what they read on here, but I'd like to remind everyone that personal attacks on any poster wont be tolerated.

daymobrew wrote: »
    The web site must not be updated:

I have been speaking to some politicians regards to it and one of them told me that a new guy recently took over, i am waiting to hear back on Thursday regards to it.

Larbre34 wrote: »

The situation is becoming farcical and to tell the truth if i were on the outside looking in, i would see it as an exaggeration or pure lies. But unfortunately this is happening, it seems to be happening all over Dublin at the moment. One of my neighbors moved in 6 months ago. She has been broken into twice. Second time was on Saturday. That was our first breakin since July. After we started up a neighborhood text alert using a program called Telegram.

I will give you an example of another area next to dublin 15 that has started to have problems .... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cabra-Neighbourhood-Watch/734236253258055

This is next to Dublin 15 and there is a huge rise in break-ins with very similar circumstances. Based on the number of reports. I know this as i have family there too.

I have been speaking with members of the security forum some of which have actually come out and met with residents to give Advice. (Thankyou Altor and Stoner for that)

BostonB wrote: »
    I don't know anything about the stories above. But can't say I've been un-impressed with the Garda response times in the general area for years. Always get the "not enough resources".

However they seem to have stepped up their presence. I'm seeing at lot more cars on patrol. Which is good.

"not enough resources" line was used, 2 of the Gardai in fairness were nice and told us that they constantly have to apologize to people, simply because they just to call out to call out to call out. They have actually pushed for us to complain also as they a likened it to plumbers doing call outs to houses and not fixing any leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Marcin_diy wrote: »
    I can't believe that on such a small estate so many bad things are happening. Looking at his posts - Every single house there must have been broken in at least twice.

From being out in the estate and seeing this at first hand I would say most of the houses have being done twice if not more. These thugs just don't care, they knock on your door, if you don't answer they kick it in. If you are there they just abuse you. Not something most people would be able to stand up to. The Guards wont man an estate 24 hours. They do rely on residents to police the estate.

Some good news tonight. Blanchardstown Garda getting 17 new cars and some new Garda from temple more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

January wrote: »
    Some good news tonight. Blanchardstown Garda getting 17 new cars and some new Garda from temple more.

Linky? That would seem a massive increase if true. In the past they often only had 2 or 3 cars on at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

From the above linked article...
    They will not just be responding to calls and patrolling Dublin 15 however, as the Blanch station is responsible for the entire K-District which also encompasses Ballyfermot, Cabra and Finglas.

Well that explains the response times from Blanch Garda Station.

From the above linked article...

Well that explains the response times from Blanch Garda Station.

The ballyfermot link is a mistake according to David McGuinness on fb as I questioned it.

We do take over from cabra when it's closed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

17 new cars are no use when there are about 12 cops to drive them on a Friday night.

The first new recruits in Templemore are only 10 weeks in, itll be a long time before they are of use to any station..

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭alibaba12

My neighbour was broken into last Saturday, Annfield area. They moved out about a month ago so there was nothing to take but they trashed the place.

They used an MPV, pulled it into the carport, the other neighbour saw them and assumed they were the new occupants. This happened about 6pm.

Two unmarked guards arrived last night, quite quickly to take details. IMO they arrived quickly because of the area. I know my folks cars were broken into numerous times in Clonsilla and it took them hours to arrive.

alibaba12 wrote: »
    My neighbour was broken into last Saturday, Annfield area. They moved out about a month ago so there was nothing to take but they trashed the place.

They used an MPV, pulled it into the carport, the other neighbour saw them and assumed they were the new occupants. This happened about 6pm.

Two unmarked guards arrived last night, quite quickly to take details. IMO they arrived quickly because of the area. I know my folks cars were broken into numerous times in Clonsilla and it took them hours to arrive.

It's obvious from these repeated break ins that the people responsible are not just chancing their arm, but are watching carefully and choosing specifically. Be vigilant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

MPV I'll have to watch out for that. I've noticed a lot more strangers and strange cars including MPV's wandering around in general. Not doing anything specific which makes them stand out like a sore thumb. I wonder are they picking busy times so they don't stand out in the hubbub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

Told me she was from the west of the country and was up her with her 3 year old daughter visiting her husband in James Connolly hospital. She said her daughter was around the back of the garage in the car and that they did not have any money to pay for petrol could I possibly give her 20 quid. She told me to give her my phone number and she would pay me back in an hour.

I had the same thing and same story happen to me at Roselawn SC about 2 months ago. From Castlebar, visiting hospital, no money for petrol to get home, 3 year old in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

I dont want to give the exact area, but its in and around the Tyrrelstown, Ongar side of things.

These areas are miles apart. If you are not going to say the area then don't associate it with other areas which don't have anything like that level of problem.

AlanG wrote: »
    These areas are miles apart. If you are not going to say the area then don't associate it with other areas which don't have anything like that level of problem.

Well that was one instance of anti social behavior that was not experienced before. The point of the post was the reaction from the Gardai of Dublin 15. Where it happened is of no consequence.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Well that was one instance of anti social behavior that was not experienced before. The point of the post was the reaction from the Gardai of Dublin 15. Where it happened is of no consequence.

If it's in a Neighbourhood Watch thread surely the location is the only thing of consequence?

Advertisement