Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

@WTSIB If you've a problem with posts just report them, no need for backseat moderation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

WTSIB wrote: »
    Neighbourhood Watch is, and generally has been, in my view, a security/ crime related / advisory thread.

Dogs, allowed out (on leads ??) and lost, (as dogs may do, by their nature), should be reported on the "Lost and Found Animals " forum, which is quite active.

Annoying house parties are by their nature, annoying, but should be dealt with on a Residents Association level rather than on this site.

While the OP may have picked the wrong forum the respondents were equally culpable. !

My dog was not allowed out someone keeps letting them out of the garden I'd bet plenty on here have dogs and wouldn't want theirs going missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WTSIB

Apologies PucaMama-- only now notice the words "Last.......someone" were not obvious in post 2201.. on my display they were up at the side of the photo--- the following words immediately under the photo gave the post a totally different meaning. !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

Was knocked over today by a guy (poss 40ish)on the footpath,he was cycling on the footpath pretty fast,but had his dog on a lead,it was the dog that knocked into me,f xxx you, he shouted.Any similar happenings from our lovely d15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Out of curiosity, how many on here have heard about the increasing numbers of incidents where a group of lads, about 17-19, who order food on delivery to an address and wait for the driver to arrive before robbing him, not of money, but of the food he is delivering?

I'll be more specific in my next message, but interested to know if anyone was actually aware that this was happening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why keep us hanging ?

This is one that I've heard of happening around the county, it's not a Dublin 15 specific issue. And it has been happening for years, it was a good while ago anyway when I first heard about it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I've heard of it happening in my estate, but it's a specific group of people...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I kept people hanging to see if (A) Anyone was aware of it generally in Dublin 15 and (B) so I wouldn't be attacked when I went in to detail, but thanks to 'January', she hit the nail on the head.

There are plenty of delivery mugged and robbed of money etc, but there is one specific group of lads, all 17-19, who are of African origin who between Clonee, Hartstown, Huntstown, Ongar and Clonee, as well as Littlepace (always the estates closed to the large grass open space).

They never rob money or the car, but they always rob the food. They have hit on various establishments and have given the delivery people a few slaps in the process.

One of robbers got a bang of a car for his troubles in Mulhuddart not to long ago.

The reason I'm posting it and highlighting it here, is that the establishment and people attacked and robbed are reluctant to highlight it for two reasons.

(1) The delivery drivers do not have the required insurance to deliver food and so are afraid to be penalised by reporting the attacks.
    (2) The all too regular playing of the race card if the they were to highlight the group that is involved in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I was speaking of a different group of people...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

PUBLIC MEETING
    CRIME & ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR

Castleknock Hotel Monday 3rd November @ 8pm

Dear Constituent,

Due to reports of an increase in crime in the area of Castleknock/Carpenterstown, and as a result of several disturbing incidents in the community, we will be holding a public meeting about crime and anti-social behaviour. It will take place on Monday 3rd November in the Castleknock Hotel at 8 pm. Residents who are concerned about crimes such as burglary, car theft, anti-social behaviour, and general public safety issues may wish to attend. The meeting will also be attended by Councillors Ted Leddy and Eithne Loftus. There will be representatives from Blanchardstown Garda Station present as well as other individuals involved in safety issues. We look forward to seeing you there.

Yours faithfully,

Leo Varadkar TD
    Minister for Health

Is Leo being selective about his constituents? I haven't seen his posters for an meetup or had emails about Crime in Clonsilla or Mulhuddart parts of the DubWest constituency. :(
    All the same it's an option to go get face to face with some Reps in a public format and to hear the concerns of the community (or at least parts of it).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

KGLady wrote: »
    Is Leo being selective about his constituents? I haven't seen his posters for an meetup or had emails about Crime in Clonsilla or Mulhuddart parts of the DubWest constituency. :(
    All the same it's an option to go get face to face with some Reps in a public format and to hear the concerns of the community (or at least parts of it).

Not just Leo, but I think Fingal County Council too. There has been a couple of attacks or attempted attacks, albeit serious, and councillors are putting the installation of public lighting straight onto the list of works for the area.

Meanwhile residents in other parts of Fingal and Dublin 15 have asked for public lighting in parks near them only to be told one of two things, there's no money, or it attracts further anti social behaviour. Which is it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'm not usually the biggest fan of Varadkar but to be fair in this case, I think it is being organised by the FG Castleknock councillors so is specific to that area and he is just helping to promote it. If FG councillors in other wards in D15 were to do the same, I'm sure he'd send out something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Just had a caller claiming to be a takeaway delivery. We hadn't ordered anything. He gave an address in another estate, said sorry and left but I saw him try a house across the street. Beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

eviltwin wrote: »
    Just had a caller claiming to be a takeaway delivery. We hadn't ordered anything. He gave an address in another estate, said sorry and left but I saw him try a house across the street. Beware.
    Hi where was this?

His face was on posters advertising a meeting for Hollystown residents recently. I hope it's just a coincidence and that he isn't focusing on affluent areas only.

dmm82 wrote: »
    Hi where was this?

Mulhuddart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

eviltwin wrote: »

Did he have any food with him?

Did he have any food with him?

He had a plastic bag, don't know if it contained food.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Blanchardstown past and present group in FB are saying there are two ladies looking for clothes in the Hazel Lawn and Roselawn areas but if they get no answer theyre hanging aroubd in the garden - could be nothing but just letting ye know ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭donaghs

3 travellers hanging around laurel lodge, knocking on occasional doors, looking in windows. Redhead Kid about 10, man in 30s and older man who's not in great shape. Just saying

• Advertisement

donaghs wrote: »
    3 travellers hanging around laurel lodge, knocking on occasional doors, looking in windows. Kid about 10, man in 30s and older man who's not in great shape. Just saying

All of them just hopped in a red van, took off.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

did you get the reg and did you report it ?

exador wrote: »
    did you get the reg and did you report it ?

No time to see the reg. Not used to reporting something unless I see a crime happening? But good for locals to be aware.

The last time I was around there (about 3 weeks ago), there were two kids collecting for a local "sponsored walk". Both smartly dressed but could tell from the accent, also their story didn't check out, they got name of local school slightly wrong. Old teenager had a superdry jacket, there was a younger girl with him. Saw them later both waiting outside the Centra. They hopped into a silver 03 Mayo Ford Mondeo. didn't get the exact reg though.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

With the spate of robberies around I would report it anyway. Red van and the age profile may be of use to the Gardaí to at least investigate. There has been a noticeable increase in the presence of Gardaí around the area lately so every little bit of info may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Break-in yesterday (Tues 11 Nov) in Riverwood around 5:30pm to unoccupied house. Culprit caught later by Blanch Gardai after his car reg was reported to Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 suzanneantonia

Half an hour ago a Garda car has been doing its rounds around Laurel Lodge area, which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Just to come back to the attack in the park in Carpenterstown, saw on the Independent this morning that this is going to be aired on Crimecall tonight.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/photofit-of-sex-attack-suspect-to-be-aired-on-rtes-crimecall-30749957.html

Vkd0XVZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

did someone crash into the side of paddy power / the meridian clinic in Ongar? or is it a pyrite issue? I passed there last week and the wall is badly dented, from the ground up - no protective barriers or warnings in place but if a block of concrete was to fall (the cracked ones look extremely loose) - it would cause a serious injury, especially as the two fans from paddy power are directly above and very close to the cracks....

I saw this at the weekend...it really does look bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Word of warning up for anyone that uses beechpark (beside Clonsilla railway station) my sister was walking her two dogs there one morning last week, no one else was in the park at the time (due to the poor weather no doubt) but when she walked around to the back left corner a man in his mid 30's with a moustache wearing a tracksuit & with a clear Irish accent made a run at her from the trees there, one of her dogs however came between them to protect her & growled & went to attack the man who then backed off but threatened her further & only backed off compeltely when my sister threatened to let the dogs off the lead, at that point he said he'd be waiting at the gates & would 'get her' when she tried to leave... he waited at the gates for nearly 20 minutes before my father came to collect my sister (thankfully she had her mobile on her & my father was at home & could come to the park), at that point he saw her get into the car with the dogs & ran in the direction of the canal/station, but was out of sight when they drove in that direction.

This is 100% a true story. The garda have been informed but be aware, whereas he may have been simply trying to mug/rob her you cant be sure it wasn't more sinister in nature so please be vigilant in all public parks if walking alone, if my sister hadnt got her dogs with her god knows what could have happened & not everyone will be walking two large dogs when out alone like this.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

DvB wrote: »
    Word of warning.....

Thank you for the warning. Hope she's not too shaken up after it. Thank God she had the dogs with her.

Advertisement