Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

How long should a date actually last for besides being 12 hours? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

finipops wrote: »
    How long should a date actually last for besides being 12 hours? :p

Only as long as it's going well!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

What in the name of god is Bane actually saying there? I can't make it out at all.

Can't make out what they're saying about the Mayor near the start either...

um... wrong thread dude. but anyway...
    384036_10151114314020727_646780726_22429315_1143459319_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Lost Accent

I was on a date over the weekend where I managed to spill my drink all over my top, jeans, my coat and bag. And I wasn't even nervous! Still at least I managed to only saturate myself. Don't think I'll be seeing the guy again. There was no chemistry although he was perfectly nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

mood wrote: »
    Only as long as it's going well!

my first date last week went on for 7 hours! hmm, i think this one is a keeper ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Or maybe they just weren't attracted to you?

It does happen you know.
    True but its nice to be nice. :) Reply, and just say thanks but no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

booboo88 wrote: »
    True but its nice to be nice. :) Reply, and just say thanks but no thanks.

It's funny, when I was on those sites I'd rather get ignored than some girl replying saying she's not interested. I suppose sometimes when people say that they can come across as a bit pretentious or snobby. Although I know email/text can convey the wrong impression at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I'd rather be told straight out, it might sting a lil, but better than not knowing.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

zuroph wrote: »
    um... wrong thread dude. but anyway...
    384036_10151114314020727_646780726_22429315_1143459319_n.jpg
    I guess my ninja delete wasn't as ninja as I thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

One of my issues with online dating was that I often contacted girls when I was bored, which probably isn't a good way to initiate contact.

• Advertisement

liz2 wrote: »
    my first date last week went on for 7 hours! hmm, i think this one is a keeper ;)
    What did you do for seven hours? An hour or two is grand with me for the first date anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

finipops wrote: »
    What did you do for seven hours? An hour or two is grand with me for the first date anyway.

well we met up at 8 for a few drinks but we got on so well that we stayed out for the night, clubbing and all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Like I say, it's early days and I don't like/want to talk too much on here but I've been walking on air recently. Long may it continue!

Great to hear man. :)

Or maybe they just weren't attracted to you?

It does happen you know.

Not to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

Just kiddin'. I'd swear if that James Van Der Beek didn't make my face become associated with that Dawson Leary chap I'd be recognised as the handsome chap I am.
    Alas, now women see me and think:
    tumblr_lougjzlDdE1qag20a.gif&sa=X&ei=uJDwToGlMcaGhQf_0tSgAQ&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFjN6xk3iyoc8lQVEMHGndQvTFJbQ

I have two dates lined up for the first two weeks of january. I'll get more nervous as the days approach so i can't back out of it now nor would i. I hope all goes well as this is my first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I went on a date last night. He had baked a cake and brought it with him for me. This is the bloke that wants to keep things casual btw.
    Not sure what to think about it tbh.

He never baked before in his life, I love baking myself and have loads of pictures up on fb of cakes and stuff I made, which I'm guessing he would have seen.

It was a really nice gesture:)

That's gas! :D

I've hidden my profile today. May go back to it at some point... when the urge to procrastinate takes over! :pac:

Good luck to everyone with dates over the next while!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I went on a date last night. He had baked a cake and brought it with him for me. This is the bloke that wants to keep things casual btw.
    Not sure what to think about it tbh.

He never baked before in his life, I love baking myself and have loads of pictures up on fb of cakes and stuff I made, which I'm guessing he would have seen.

It was a really nice gesture:)

Most important question, was it delicious?!

radio silence today

*_*

DOES NOT COMPUTE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Hey guys,

I'm just reading the thread recently as haven't much to contribute :( really not having much luck at all!!
    Anyway, just got a msg saying I look like Katy Perry :) pity the guy lives the other side of the country :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

missbelle wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm just reading the thread recently as haven't much to contribute :( really not having much luck at all!!
    Anyway, just got a msg saying I look like Katy Perry :) pity the guy lives the other side of the country :rolleyes:

If you'd like someone else to confirm these claims, I'll gladly oblige. Purely for informational reasons of course.

:D

How gallant :)
    Link sent, sorry in advance for disappointing :D

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    radio silence today

*_*

DOES NOT COMPUTE!!

Give her one more day to re-establish contact. If it does not occur move on and find someone else to spend your time with.

Chin up Galvasean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Galvasean wrote: »
    Give her one more day to re-establish contact. If it does not occur move on and find someone else to spend your time with.

Chin up Galvasean.

Surely you can't act like that about messages, texts, emails etc at this stage?

There could be all sorts of reasons why she hasn't been in contact. I wouldn't be so all or nothing in your approach. Things happen, shít happens and it can get in the way of contacting people that are still strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

How gallant :)
    Link sent, sorry in advance for disappointing :D

There was no need to take the self deprecating route!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Getting a decent amount of messages, but nothing really happening. :( I either get bored with the boring ones, or the cool ones get bored with me. :p

Surely you can't act like that about messages, texts, emails etc at this stage?

There could be all sorts of reasons why she hasn't been in contact. I wouldn't be so all or nothing in your approach. Things happen, shít happens and it can get in the way of contacting people that are still strangers.

I don't mean in a 'block them from your account' sort of way, just a sort of 'stop waiting for/anticipating said contact' sort of way.

edit: Actually, I'm being FAR too impatient. It's Christmas week. The poor girl is probably EPIC busy.

Yep, was being too impatient. Back chatting now. :o

I know what some of you are thinking, "Galvasean is gone mad". Well you're half right.
    Galvasean has ALWAYS been mad ;-)

:eek: :o:p

"Fukemhard has added you as favorite!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

:eek: :o:p

"Fukemhard has added you as favorite!"

/jealous

:pac:

I can't find their profile in the username search .... dammit :P :D