Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

awec wrote: »
    "Hi i am looking for a sperm donor, some one who will have no interest in contscting the child or me ever, no strings attached, just a
    Donation either the old fashioned way, just a basic shag or into a cup and give it to me.
    If you would be willing to do this please contact no time wasters please. I am 25 year old lesbian single have a descent job and i really
    want to do this, id love to hear from you"

:D

Wow do you think it's genuine? I wonder if she has been getting any replies :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

"Hi i am looking for a sperm donor, some one who will have no interest in contscting the child or me ever, no strings attached, just a
    Donation either the old fashioned way, just a basic shag or into a cup and give it to me.
    If you would be willing to do this please contact no time wasters please. I am 25 year old lesbian single have a descent job and i really

A few weeks later you'll get the "Where is this going?/Do you want to be my boyfriend?" line, guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Do you want your account critiqued? :D

I ran away, okc is sooo much prettier :eek: My eyes hurt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Pembily wrote: »
    Eh dude - wtf the fook is a typical everyday normal guy???? Don't be daft, what's normal???? It's relative!!!

So as I am bored I set up a pof account - what have ye done to me :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw

Also, PM me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

POF looks like it was made by some horny pimply teenager who probably has cheap techno music blaring in the background.

Hold on, I'll go turn it down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I ran away, okc is sooo much prettier :eek: My eyes hurt!

Yeah, but far, far less members. Like a ghost town. (for me mostly anyway :pac:)

I'm on OKC too! :D

Want to critique my silly little profile? :(

That profile is sound ;) :P I am sure you could find me, a few boardsies have!

• Advertisement

How can I find you, I don't know your age, username or anything!

Use your engineering skills!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Eh dude - wtf the fook is a typical everyday normal guy???? Don't be daft, what's normal???? It's relative!!!

Ah you know what I mean, I'm speaking very generally here.

Typical normal guys are confident extroverts, out going, love sports and going out on the lash on weekends etc etc so on and so forth. Most are some element or combination of that personality.

Is it that weird to want to find someone you an be yourself around?

Holy **** :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Found you, I think. :o
    That's some good engineering skills you got. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I started this back just before halloween and got a date out of it. Met the girl twice but then lots of stuff was happening with both of us and it cooled off. Back in contact again with her so I'll wait and see where this goes. Any girls on here want to critique my POF profile for the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

OK i seriously need a female perspective on my POF profile.
    Had messaged a fair amount of girls in october/november with very few response, only managed to strike up 1 chat on the site which ended quickly enough with a non reply from her, i can kinda understand that because our interests were pretty different and it seemed to me to be a bit of an effort to get a convo going.
    So i took a break over december christmas and started back last week and ive sent out messages again with no success.
    Its really the non replies that are getting to me. If a girl doesnt reply thats fine im not gonna badger them for a reason but when it happens again and again while i see other people on here making progress i just get confused as to where im going wrong.
    I know its to be expected to an extent but ive been trying this for a while and its getting pretty frustrating so any help/advice on my profile would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ah you know what I mean, I'm speaking very generally here.

Typical normal guys are confident extroverts, out going, love sports and going out on the lash on weekends etc etc so on and so forth. Most are some element or combination of that personality.

Is it that weird to want to find someone you an be yourself around?

No, its not weird at all. But I think you're thinking too much about other guys and what you 'think' women want. That's not the case with all women. There's someone out there for everyone (I cling to that hope! :pac: )

Like I said, the whole online dating thing takes a while to get used to. Maybe re-word your profile if its attracting the wrong type for you?

• Advertisement

VinLieger - could be how your profile is worded or the messages you send..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

VinLieger wrote: »
    Had messaged a fair amount of girls in october/november with very few response, only managed to strike up 1 chat on the site which ended quickly enough with a non reply from her, i can kinda understand that because our interests were pretty different and it seemed to me to be a bit of an effort to get a convo going.
    So i took a break over december christmas and started back last week and ive sent out messages again with no success.
    Its really the non replies that are getting to me. If a girl doesnt reply thats fine im not gonna badger them for a reason but when it happens again and again while i see other people on here making progress i just get confused as to where im going wrong.
    I know its to be expected to an extent but ive been trying this for a while and its getting pretty frustrating so any help/advice on my profile would be appreciated

I feel your pain, lol. Im the same, im sending out loads of messages on POF but not getting any replies :(
    If you want i can have a nosy for you. :)

Im finding connectingsingles a little better than POF at the mo for getting mails/replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

If you want I can have a look? I'm no expert but you never kn ow!

Larianne wrote: »
    VinLieger - could be how your profile is worded or the messages you send..

Well my messages are usually pretty straight forward, i mention something thats in their profile, maybe something we both seem to be interested in then ask if they want to chat a bit, since most girls seem to ask you to message them first before trying to chat.

Well my messages are usually pretty straight forward, i mention something thats in their profile, maybe something we both seem to be interested in then ask if they want to chat a bit, since most girls seem to ask you to message them first before trying to chat.

Hmm, do they message back at all. Could be your profile needs tweaking?!

Hmm, do they message back at all. Could be your profile needs tweaking?!

Well thats what im looking for the advice for, andreac offered to have a look above so pm'd her a link

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No, its not weird at all. But I think you're thinking too much about other guys and what you 'think' women want. That's not the case with all women. There's someone out there for everyone (I cling to that hope! :pac: )

Like I said, the whole online dating thing takes a while to get used to. Maybe re-word your profile if its attracting the wrong type for you?

Thanks, I probably am. & yes I really do hope there is someone out there for everyone. I really do.

Its a bit embarrassing but I could pm you my profile if you want to see what I'm doing wrong.

I don't want to say its attracting the 'wrong' kind of people as I've not got any crazy mails as of yet and it kinda sounds mean to say so. But I guess its just not attracting the right kind? Bah. Its probably terrible alright, my pictures are not very good either I don't have access to very many decent ones of myself.. a lot of bad webcams ones etc. I threw up as many as possible so at least people could get a decent idea of what I look like. I may just delete it.

You've got to approach it just looking a bit of fun and a laugh IMO. Can't take it too seriously.

Yeah your right. Think I tried it out at the wrong time. I'm probably gonna give it a break for awhile anyway and come back when I'm in a better space.

Thanks guys. Its helpful to chat about it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bah! Was all penciled in for date numero 2, but couldn't get the time off work. Need to try reschedule.
    Damn you hectic new year schedule!

*kicks self in nuts*

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

date number 2 tomorrow.

very excited to see her again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Back from the date :D

Verdict? Absolutely lovely guy! Got on really well, and hopefully gonna see him again....we'll see!

Don't think I've ever had to flirt so obviously to get someone to kiss me though - maybe next time I need a big neon sign or something. He got the hint in the end though ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement