Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

KTRIC wrote: »
    How you doin'

Edit .

You're a dude aren't you ??? :(

I can be whatever you want me to be. ;)

Or yes, yes I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Maguined wrote: »
    I can be whatever you want me to be. ;)

Or yes, yes I am.

Ah righty then. I think I'll give that a miss if its all the same. Not a fan of the cock. Mine yes, others no. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Ah righty then. I think I'll give that a miss if its all the same. Not a fan of the cock. Mine yes, others no. :P

Nobody wants me. :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    That's exactlythe sort of thing i'd like to see as a lady though. It gives a littlemore insight into you. Maybe that's just me?

Hmm. maybe you have a point. In terms of music I dont really look at that on the profiles as I dont see it as important. Could be way wrong though:confused:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just received this beauty:

Subject: Looking for my bride!!!

Dear,

I'm wanna settle down with a nice girl and i'm looking for serious candidate.

Nobody ever gets engaged via letter anymore. I'd have said yes. You're just heartless missus. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Lads ye can fight over me if you don't mind a forties lady:p

awec wrote: »
    Do you look like a rocker?

Dunno! What's a rocker look like? In the sense i think you mean though, no, not at all.

Maybe i'll reactivate my profile on POF and you lads can critique it for me? see where i'm going wrong attracting the horny youngsters! :o

murhatchi wrote: »
    Hmm. maybe you have a point. In terms of music I dont really look at that on the profiles as I dont see it as important. Could be way wrong though:confused:

Not at all! Thats exactly the point. give a little insight on what is important to you if it's not music it's not!:)

• Advertisement

Would someone be so kind as to have a look at mine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Would someone be so kind as to have a look at mine ?
    I'll have a look but I'm only on okc! PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Who wants the Maggie-mart...

I doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............

Ah feckity feic feic. Anyone know how to get hold of my old profile on POF or is it gone forever as i closed my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Ah feckity feic feic. Anyone know how to get hold of my old profile on POF or is it gone forever as i closed my account?

If you disabled it its possible to make it active when you log into the account in your profile settings - if you deleted it its gone for good

c - 13 wrote: »
    If you disabled it its possible to make it active when you log into the account in your profile settings - if you deleted it its gone for good

Oops i fear i may have deleted in a fit of pique! OK well back to the drawing board. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Oh Download is a metal festival in the UK. Maybe this is my problem!!:o
    Hrm, never went to Download. Prefer the line up at Hellfest 2009, 2010 (Clisson, France), or Bloodstock 2011 (Catton Hall, UK) :P Probably Wacken this year?
    Lads, could this be part of the problem then? What do the gents think?
    No idea. Put down that you love metal, name a few artists, and see how it goes?

Pembily wrote: »
    Lad or lass?

Hold on,

Yep, checked and I am indeed male :D

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »
    Lad or lass?

Hold on,

Yep, checked and I am indeed male :D
    And I female hence my avator!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I have a date. It's not until Saturday week but still.... \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

5 new messages...2 potentially interesting ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks so much for the replies.
    Jeez man,you are putting waaaaaaay too much stock into those poxy match things.

I'm not on it looking for casual sex. I'm looking for someone I can really connect with on a personal level. I'm not a typical everyday normal guy so that reduces the amount of girls that would like me and I would like back significantly. So finding someone on the same page as me is very important to me.

That's why I'm really liking the questions feature as you see how you can think the same as someone.

Eg : If I'm non religious in a big way and she shows as being very religious and this pattern repeats across other questions then what's the point?
    Best bet is ignore them and just read random profiles.

If someone catches your eye,message them.

If they don't,then dont.

So just message people I just find attractive but are not compatible?. I feel I would be wasting my time, and their time too as I doubt they would be interested in me.
    To be honest I could never message anyone unless their profile showed some indication that we could be a match.
    But if an attractive girl messaged me for some reason and despite chatting and having nothing in common. Still wants to meet... I dunno I'd start feeling pressured into trying to not be myself so as to not turn her off. I don't want to feel that way. I want to feel I can be me and liked for it.
    Larianne wrote: »
    This whole thing takes a while to get used to..

You need to realise that online dating is not to be taken so seriously other wise you will continue feeling like crap about the whole thing.

You are both right. Its hard not to though. Feeling like crap before going on it doesn't help. Worried my profile might reflect this but thought maybe not.

Think of it this way - are you attracted to every member of the opposite sex that you come in contact with? No, probably not. Its the same on t'internet as in real life. And you need to realise its the same for the other person. For whatever reason you might not be what they are looking for. Once you can get over that and move on, it becomes a whole lot easier.

Good advice but I do understand this. Its harder when there's so few though.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    OKC doesn't have that many active users on their site from what I gather. I went to message a girl whose profile I liked the look of and she hadn't been online in months. Perhaps this is the reason you're not getting a response or perhaps, and I'm being blunt here mate, she's just not interested in you.

I fully appreciate people being blunt and you are right she obviously has no interest. She may very well have just glanced at my height and looked no further. I do wonder if my profile is too honest, is that possible? Is being too honest a turn off?

Bah anyway that's fine that she's not but what makes me feel extra ****ty is its not liking I'm seeing loads more that I am attracted too that I think I might have a chance with and we might be a good match.

Is there any other sites like OKC with more people, that have a similar matching feature?

Its been debated on here as to whether or not to give someone a reply if you are not interested. Jury's out as people prefer different things. You could just have a standard reply to the messages you are not interested so all you have to do is copy and paste?

One of the girls who started messaging me ended up in an IM conversation with. She was a completely different person to me - (dunno why she was messaging in the first place :S ) and I did not find her attractive at all.

I felt horrible about this , just made me feel really shallow and judgemental. I chatted away to her but kept all my replies very matter of fact and didn't really respond to her more flirty aspects to her messages.

Eventually she just stopped messaging me (picked up that I wasnt interested). I still felt really bad and the next day sent her a message that I don't think we are right for each other but I hope she finds someone great soon! She seemed to think this was a nice thing to do but I can't be sure.

I found all this very hard and draining. So I dunno maybe you are right.

Right, I sent a message. More out of curiosity to see how it works cause I doubt I'll get a reply.

Also to get rid of that irritating little "complete your profile" thing.

It doesn't get rid of it though , just gives you a new one. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

On paper pretty much all my ex's and I wernt compatible yet we still ended up dating,and in some cases falling in love.

Attraction is not a science.

Connecting with someone cannot be guaranteed just because some stock standard,run of the mill test on a FREE dating site says you will.

By the sounds of it you have a clinical,borderline OCD approach to online dating and if you continue along this train of thought then I have no doubt that you will end up not meeting anyone,that is a fact.

Sorry if the above seems harsh but seriously,it had to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I can see why you would say that and expected some to not really understand where I'm coming from.

I'm not saying I need someone to be 100% into everything I am into.

But I'm looking for someone with a similar outlook on life. Someone I can have stimulating conversations with where I won't feel like I'm being a boring cause I don't enjoy talking about the xfactor and so on.

Someone on the same page as me. As much due to I don't think she would like me otherwise as me her.

Don't get me wrong though. I in no way think that just cause we show as a match on a website that we will certainly hit it off. I hoped for a reply and that's all, see what happens then. The fact that it seemed like we were on the same page gave me the confidence to make contact is all.

Also I guarantee you the opposite of me would not attract from either angle , that's for damn sure lol.

• Advertisement

I'm not a typical everyday normal guy so that reduces the amount of girls that would like me and I would like back significantly. So finding someone on the same page as me is very important to me.

Eh dude - wtf the fook is a typical everyday normal guy???? Don't be daft, what's normal???? It's relative!!!

So as I am bored I set up a pof account - what have ye done to me :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement