Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

The whole reason I've tried the whole online thing us I've 2 friends that are now engaged to the girls they met online and s cousin married to a girl he met, so it does work. The only issue is that as well as openning up to a lot of other options online, some of those options are weird to datable to ok to full on relationship and everything in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

The whole reason I've tried the whole online thing us I've 2 friends that are now engaged to the girls they met online and s cousin married to a girl he met, so it does work. The only issue is that as well as openning up to a lot of other options online, some of those options are weird to datable to ok to full on relationship and everything in between.

ya its the bits innetween that wreck my head.recently met a guy off it.such a nice guy,we got on great...3 dates in he says he doesnt want to date,hes not ready for it but wouldnt be opposed to funtimes ;) wtf??? haha just my luck!!

HAHA, fun sexy times. Smooth, you mean that's not an offer you want :-P.

HAHA, fun sexy times. Smooth, you mean that's not an offer you want :-P.

didnt know how else to phrase it.... if i wanted JUST THAT,fine but i want an actual relationship right now(pushing on ya know?!ha)

Yeah, I don't know why people go on that side if that's what they are looking for......there are other sites for fun time dates.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't know why people go on that side if that's what they are looking for......there are other sites for fun time dates.

Agreed!!or maybe it was just me.....lovely :P haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

My friend Simon asked me to check out his profile on OKC, because he was wondering why women were not getting back to him. I was a little confused too, because he's a very attractive guy. Check his profile, it reads fine. Get to the end, the idiot had somehow managed to tick a box saying he only wanted casual sex.

Making profiles while drunk is obviously not a good idea. The silly man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

LoTwan wrote: »
    Sheesh! You didn't tell me who you are! I'm all offended now :(

What you mean by that....sorry im a bit slow :p

LoTwan is offended that you wouldn't link them to your profile :p

My apologies, PM sent!!ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Last I checked boards wasn't a dating site! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

LyndaMcL wrote: »

LoTwan is offended that you wouldn't link them to your profile :p

this leads me to believe that I have not made myself clear here :) I am female :)

So arrangements have been made for tomorrow. A time & date has been set & I am sick with nerves :(

this leads me to believe that I have not made myself clear here :) I am female :)

So arrangements have been made for tomorrow. A time & date has been set & I am sick with nerves :(

I wasn't 100% sure. I don't pay attention, I'm sorry! :(

Ooh, where and when? Don't be sick with nerves! I was on the last date I went on but it was fine. You'll be grand! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I wasn't 100% sure. I don't pay attention, I'm sorry! :(

Ooh, where and when? Don't be sick with nerves! I was on the last date I went on but it was fine. You'll be grand! :)

A pub, tomorrow lunchtime. The guy makes me laugh like I haven't done in years. The conversation (text and phone) flows all day long (starts at 8.30 & finishes up at midnight!). I'm just afraid that it won't be so relaxed in person. It will either be fine or it will be crap and if it's crap I'll go shopping LOL

A pub, tomorrow lunchtime. The guy makes me laugh like I haven't done in years. The conversation (text and phone) flows all day long (starts at 8.30 & finishes up at midnight!). I'm just afraid that it won't be so relaxed in person. It will either be fine or it will be crap and if it's crap I'll go shopping LOL

If you get on that well already, it'll be great! Just have a few questions ready that can lead to conversation if you're really nervous. I'm really shy so I prepare a few questions that'll get conversation flowing, or think up a stupid joke to break the ice.

You'll be fine!! Relax and enjoy yourself!

Wow, I leave this thread for an hour or two and peepee and boobs are being shown........ Look what online dating has done to us, OMG the humanity :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

not to much to report since i last posted, been messaging one girl who seems really sound, we are due to meet up in couple weeks so looking forward to that.

i have found that getting into online dating has made more social in general, its almost like accepting that i would like to be in a relationship opened me up to meeting someone in real life as well as online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

My sister inlaw is living with a guy she met online so it can work.

Starokan wrote: »
    not to much to report since i last posted, been messaging one girl who seems really sound, we are due to meet up in couple weeks so looking forward to that.

i have found that getting into online dating has made more social in general, its almost like accepting that i would like to be in a relationship opened me up to meeting someone in real life as well as online.
    I think it helps you just start chatting to random people and builds confidence up to do it public as you realise, what's the worst can happen, a stranger says no to you........oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

I think it helps you just start chatting to random people and builds confidence up to do it public as you realise, what's the worst can happen, a stranger says no to you........oh well.

for sure, i kind of always had that attitude but last few years i just got really complacent about meeting somebody, deciding to try the online lark has kind of given me a bit of a kick start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

You're on a dating site. Let's not pretend any of us have any dignity left.

I know I definitely didn't have much from the beginning :P

I know I definitely didn't have much from the beginning :P

I like to pretend that I did. But I've swiftly lost it all in my 3 week foray into the world of internet dating!

Tom Cruise wrote: »
    Nice i likey:D

So, anyone having any luck on these sites? Any dates lined up this weekend?

meant to be meeting a dude tomorrow for a cuppa but hes leaving the country sunday....new friend perhaps?!dunno can i call it a date really

Tom Cruise wrote: »
    Nice i likey:D

I think we should change subject and stop talking about my boobs. Kgo.

Id one cancel on me, which kinda suits as I got a mates bday to go too. Plus there is rugby to be played/watched

Poor girl but I have a date tomorrow evening.....drinks then a late night horror in the cinema! Simple but hopefully effective!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Poor girl but I have a date tomorrow evening.....drinks then a late night horror in the cinema! Simple but hopefully effective!:D
    Is that with the girl who cancelled the other day?

Pembily wrote: »
    Is that with the girl who cancelled the other day?

No its for Lynda if she will accept?? Smooth eh?:p

Yeah its the same girl, date 3, hopefully its a good one....have a good feeling about her!:)

No its for Lynda if she will accept?? Smooth eh?:p

Yeah its the same girl, date 3, hopefully its a good one....have a good feeling about her!:)

Such a creep :p

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Not really sure you're allowed post your dating username! Also this thread's gone creepy...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement