Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

Men are dopes on these sites ...seriously.....

You know where you are and who you're directing your silly genralisations at, yeh?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I read Jennys comment as more of an exclaimation of frustration, more so than a targeted statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

got chatting girl i had messaged for bit but contact had ceased kind weird she didnt even mention time since last contact.

Shes nervy about a date, trying say no point been on site if she doesnt make a leap to start going on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I found a great guy (i hope)

All looking great so far..

Terrified it will be a big flop when we actually meet..

Hard work this online dating lark..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

fat__tony wrote: »
    Schoolboy error talking on the phone before meeting in person in my opinion.

Better to meet to talk, less chance of awkwardness based on my experience.

I think it is better to make some contact on the phone before meeting TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

I read Jennys comment as more of an exclaimation of frustration, more so than a targeted statement.

correct :) I wasn't targeting anybody ....I always seem to get in trouble on boards :/ without meaning to be offensive :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I made the mistake one time of not speaking to a girl on the phone before we met and when we did meet up, it was a complete and utter train wreck. I'm convinced had I spoke to her on the phone first I could have sussed out we were incompatible from the start and we wouldn't have wasted each other's time.

I kind of like texting a bit and chatting on the phone as it breaks the ice and makes the meeting up part a bit easier as you at least have an idea if you get on ok and can chat a bit. It also helps suss out if the person is a bit of a weirdo or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

But I would find talking to someone on the phone before meeting weird. Not everyone will be on for it.

But I would find talking to someone on the phone before meeting weird. Not everyone will be on for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Men are dopes on these sites ...seriously.....

Yep people are dopes in general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

I hate talking on the phone so i would rather keep the conversion for face to face because if you talk alot on the phone you might run out of things to say in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I'm so in love right now :rolleyes:

"damn ;) would love to have you as my white slave slut. bet you could take my ******
    dick deep x"

:eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :eek:

"damn ;) would love to have you as my white slave slut. bet you could take my ******
    dick deep x"

Lovely, mind if I nick it?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

dick deep x"

I never get these types of messages! :( Must be doing something wrong.

Larianne wrote: »
    I never get these types of messages! :( Must be doing something wrong.

We could kill two birds here; since I'm about to nick it, perhaps I could practise on you, so to speak, for a first go.

PoF? PM me a link to your profile :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

We could kill two birds here; since I'm about to nick it, perhaps I could practise on you, so to speak, for a first go.

Smooth ... ;) :cool:

Lar you can have those type of messages if you want! I seriously don't want them :eek:

He then had the cheek to mail back after I read the message and ask why I didn't reply to him :rolleyes:

Hmmm.. well I'm currently talking to another dude. But if that doesn't work out, I'll keep you in mind. ;)

Smooth ... ;) :cool:

Wasn't it?? How am I still single??
    Hmmm.. well I'm currently talking to another dude. But if that doesn't work out, I'll keep you in mind. ;)

Best offer I've had in a long time. Eh...he's serial killer, I know him. Seriously, stop now, talk to me :cool:

Lar you can have those type of messages if you want! I seriously don't want them :eek:

He then had the cheek to mail back after I read the message and ask why I didn't reply to him :rolleyes:

Then he probably logs onto a forum such as this to b*tch about getting no replies for women and going on about what a great guy he is. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

dick deep x"

See one part of my brain wants to perform a statistical analysis on how many relationships started with the opener "would love to have you as my white slave...."

My guess is these guys are like a dog yapping after a car, they'd have no idea what to do if they caught it.

Best offer I've had in a long time. Eh...he's serial killer, I know him. Seriously, stop now, talk to me :cool:

Ah but I can never say no to a free meal. I'll take my chances. :D

Ah but I can never say no to a free meal. I'll take my chances. :D

Aw man, I can't even compete with known serial killers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 c u on the Darkside

Seems to me with online dating you have to kiss a lot of princesses before you find a frog.
    (A frog would do me just fine.)

Seems to me with online dating you have to kiss a lot of princesses before you find a frog.
    (A frog would do me just fine.)

Are you looking for a frog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 c u on the Darkside

Ya I like frogs, .............nice legs.

sharper wrote: »
    See one part of my brain wants to perform a statistical analysis on how many relationships started with the opener "would love to have you as my white slave...."

My guess is these guys are like a dog yapping after a car, they'd have no idea what to do if they caught it.

I found the best way to respond to the messages is to pretend you are REALLY into it ...and then suggest you swap dirty videos of the stuff you like (you know briefly don't get really involved)..then say you will go first and that this video makes you really hot ...THEN forward them on this bad boy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS2BpORASX0

they will NEVER message you again lol

sorry thought I quoted the original white slut post too my bad!!

I found the best way to respond to the messages is to pretend you are REALLY into it ...and then suggest you swap dirty videos of the stuff you like (you know briefly don't get really involved)..then say you will go first and that this video makes you really hot ...THEN forward them on this bad boy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS2BpORASX0

Hot stuff! How about I write you 365 letters and you wait for me for 7 years!?

• Advertisement

sharper wrote: »
    Hot stuff! How about I write you 365 letters and you wait for me for 7 years!?

Maybe ...only if after the seven years you build me a house....

Oh and you have to ask me on our first date swinging from a ferris wheel...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement