Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Maybe ...only if after the seven years you build me a house....

Oh and you have to ask me on our first date swinging from a ferris wheel...

Theres a girl who knows what she wants anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Theres a girl who knows what she wants anyway!

Bloody Hollywood!

• Administrators Posts: 53,415 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

awec wrote: »

And conversation is not going to flow naturally if you are having to make sure everything you say is crystal clear on the phone. :)

Aye, specially with that Nordie accent of yours :P

But +1 on the rest of it :)

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Leave my feckin accent alone. :P

But yea, us nordies are always misunderstood. :pac:

......Say what? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Meanwhile on my profile...

*tumbleweed

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm gonna not go on the sites for the next 2 weeks then totally revamp my profile with new pics and all.
    The women will say, "Oh look at this interesting new man... hang on, wait.. it's him :("

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

GrumPy wrote: »
    Date last night went fantastically! :D Delighted with life at the mo. :o

No lack of conversation at all, lots of gob lobbin' too :pac:

My face is literally sore from smiling so much. :o
    Date 3 planned, can't wait!

Need a 'Love' button for this. :D Well done Grumpy!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I found the best way to respond to the messages is to pretend you are REALLY into it ...and then suggest you swap dirty videos of the stuff you like (you know briefly don't get really involved)..then say you will go first and that this video makes you really hot ...THEN forward them on this bad boy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS2BpORASX0

they will NEVER message you again lol

Hahaha- I love it! Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

mood wrote: »
    Then he probably logs onto a forum such as this to b*tch about getting no replies for women and going on about what a great guy he is. :rolleyes:

If you took the trouble to actually read this thread rather than jumping in with your slur on the men who post on it by suggesting that this guy would be posting here, you'd see that there is CONSTANT discussion on the content of messages we send.

Guys like that don't attempt to improve the way they come across, they are clearly quite happy just being their a*sehole selves.

You'd more likely find him on a PUA site.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Meeting a girl on Wednesday from POF \o/

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Went on a date yesterday to the bodies exhibition in the Ambassador - its a bit pricey but a novel idea for a date. You'll have lots to talk about after at least :D

Probaby not recommended if either person is squeamish though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

c - 13 wrote: »
    Went on a date yesterday to the bodies exhibition in the Ambassador - its a bit pricey but a novel idea for a date. You'll have lots to talk about after at least :D

Brave call on that one for a 1st date. Its a great idea for something new but depending on the girl can go really well or horrifically wrong especially if you drop in comments such as "oh thats a much easier point to saw on my victims never though of that"*

*disclaimer ecoli does not condone or in fact encourage cutting up bodies nor has he ever partaken in butchery* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

ecoli wrote: »
    Brave call on that one for a 1st date. Its a great idea for something new but depending on the girl can go really well or horrifically wrong especially if you drop in comments such as "oh thats a much easier point to saw on my victims never though of that"*

*disclaimer ecoli does not condone or in fact encourage cutting up bodies nor has he ever partaken in butchery* :D

Haha, well it wasnt a first date in this case but I agree, could be taking a big chance on it for a first outing !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I was chatting to a girl on OKC on Friday , got the first message the night before and sent about 80 messages during the day. She suggested we start texting each other and I suggested emails instead since we're both on phones. That was followed by "Emmmmm, no thanks. Cheers" !! Then that was it , no further contact. What is with these people !!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

KTRIC wrote: »
    I was chatting to a girl on OKC on Friday , got the first message the night before and sent about 80 messages during the day. She suggested we start texting each other and I suggested emails instead since we're both on phones. That was followed by "Emmmmm, no thanks. Cheers" !! Then that was it , no further contact. What is with these people !!! :rolleyes:
    She cut contact as you wouldn't text her??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Pembily wrote: »
    She cut contact as you wouldn't text her??

Yep, thats pretty much it. Call me old fashioned but handing out my phone number to someone I haven't even met and had only been messaging for less than a day is a bit too soon in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

You can see from reading this thread people tend to have fairly strict ideas about how contact should proceed and on the schedule it should follow. She probably interpreted your response as you not being serious and therefore a waste of her time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Yep, thats pretty much it. Call me old fashioned but handing out my phone number to someone I haven't even met and had only been messaging for less than a day is a bit too soon in my book.
    I only give out my when I am meeting a person!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

c - 13 wrote: »

brought a girl there on a second date back when it was last in Dublin a few years ago. ended up going out with her for a year! defo an interesting date. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭stressed out

Hi guys and gals

I've been following this thread for a bit and find it very addictive! I love hearing about people's dates and love a happy ending.

Anyway the reason I'm writing is my online dating is a bit of a disaster and need some advice. I tried out the free dating sites and found them terrible - I can't remember which ones but one was a constant stream of "Hi, how are you" and "Looking for a good time?" messages.
    I bit the bullet a few months ago and joined eHarmony. I am the first to admit I haven't been very proactive with the site - instead of going on every day and messaging people, I might have gone on once a week or whenever I got an admin message. But for a time I was trying to do something. Some guys messaged me and I wasn't interested so didnt reply. One guy messaged me that I was kind of interested in so replied and we messaged back and forth for 2 weeks but it fizzled out. I've only messaged 2 guys and send 'quick flirts' to another 2 but none of them have replied (and a few didn't even VIEW my profile :confused:).

I probably need someone to look at my profile and tell me what I'm doing wrong. One thing that is probably going against me is that I don't have a profile picture up. I said in my profile that I will email pics on and the reason I dont have a profile pic is because I want to keep my private life private, and I state that I am not married or in a relationship and I am happy with my appearance.

Can anyone help me out?

PS My username was made up years and years ago - I'm not at all stressed out. I think when I signed up at the time I may have been - it has haunted me ever since!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Im not an EHarmony member so not sure if it will let me view your profile, but if you send me the linkI will try take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

sharper wrote: »
    You can see from reading this thread people tend to have fairly strict ideas about how contact should proceed and on the schedule it should follow. She probably interpreted your response as you not being serious and therefore a waste of her time.

This is exactly it.

She also realises she's quite google-able via her email, so giving her number was in fact the more private option. And given you were both on phones, seemed to make more sense.

There are alot of messers online, maybe she's cynical.

Oh and maybe she didn't reply to your message yesterday about being out partying, because she hadn't been out 'partying', and saw no reason to reply to someone after he declined her proposal to swap numbers.

I'll also add, that she wouldn't normally send 80 mesgs to a guy in the one day...which is exactly why she offered her number, and tbh was what she though you were insinuating when you suggested using alternative means of contact...so she was kind of disappointed.

She fricking kinda liked you too...

Dammit!!!Next..

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I see guys viewing my profile and when i send them messages they ignore me. Female version of cock teasing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Pembily wrote: »
    I only give out my when I am meeting a person!
    I was supposed to go out with a guy and he never even asked for my number just told me where to meet him. Warning bells straight off. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

eternal wrote: »
    I see guys viewing my profile and when i send them messages they ignore me. Female version of cock teasing.

I think you are reading too much into profile views, to be honest.

• Advertisement

eternal wrote: »

Profile views don't mean anything though, just people having a looksee at your page is all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement