Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Big Knox wrote: »
    I never understood people saying this, the story was always key to the diablo games. It has more story and lore than 99% of games out there, with spin off books available.

I know it's not exactly a story driven RPG like mass effect etc. but the diablo narrative and FMV story telling is a massive part of the series now.
    All quite true but in the context of someone debating whether to pick up D3 now or play the older games first I think it's fair to say the story isn't so important that they should hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Totally new to the DIABLO series but my god I cant wait to get this in the morning....Some where will have the vanilla game. Looking for €85-90 for the CE but if I could get it tomorrow I would pay it :eek:

Hmmm, how different is the style of play from BF3 guys!!!! :D:D

Deffo, need to get a sticky up of players names etc.....roll on the good times!

Un-employment FINALLY has a plus side.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Downloaded and Installed.

Eagerly waiting for the off at 11pm tonight. I stayed away from the Beta because I didn't want to ruin my experience of the game and I'm glad I did.

Diablo2 was one of my favourite games. Even though some of the guys I played the old one with all those years ago have moved on....I'm sure I'll enjoy the new one just as much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

gizmo wrote: »
    All quite true but in the context of someone debating whether to pick up D3 now or play the older games first I think it's fair to say the story isn't so important that they should hold off.

Oh most definitely, as I noted earlier you would of course advise someone not to play the likes of Mass Effect 3 without playing 1+2 but it's not the same with Diablo.

Only 2.5 hours to go, gonna watch GoT to pass the time. (Can't believe I just said that :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Never played any of the Diablo games, any reason I should consider this without playing any of the other games?

You are not a true gamer until you have played both Diablo 1 & II for at least 500 hours.

Saying that, it is not strictly required to play them to enjoy D3...but some of the references may be lost to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I fecking hate you guys. :(

I needed to take Tuesday off too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You are not a true gamer until you have played both Diablo 1 & II for at least 500 hours.

Saying that, it is not strictly required to play them to enjoy D3...but some of the references may be lost to you.

And you have to know what unique or green item droped without even indentifying it. Do Mephistopheles runs in less then 4 minutes.
    Have a troll pvp pala with high lightning damage and maxed out negative resistance aura ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I fecking hate you guys. :(

I needed to take Tuesday off too. :(

Do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

Installed and ready to go. Never played 1 or 2 (I guess I'll get around to it) but looking forward to this tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Let me know the do's and dont's mate.....I be right behind ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Lucky for ye, I have to wait a month to get the starter edition!

Punks... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

right downloading it now..

I am seriously clueless about Diablo3.. how does the online part work? can I only solo or can I team up with some friends?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Lads I haven't played an rpg in yonks?
    Would this be in anyway similiar to baldurs gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Jonny7 wrote: »
    I am seriously clueless about Diablo3.. how does the online part work? can I only solo or can I team up with some friends?
    You can do both, solo or play with friends, randoms.
    PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Similar but different, D3 is an action RPG, the story wont be nearly as long as BG. But once you've played through D3, there are a billion other reasons to keep playing it besides the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

PerrinV2 wrote: »

You shouldn't have any problems.... its easy to learn, difficult to master :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Awkward Customer

Just got an email from Amazon.co.uk about my order.
    Dispatched via An Post (estimated arrival date: Thursday, May 17, 2012).
    Wasn't expecting it till Friday or Saturday so if it comes Thursday I'll be pleasantly surprised. Not gonna get my hopes up though, plenty of other stuff to entertain me till the doom of what remains of my social life arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

downloaded and installed.
    11:01 here we come....

but will the server's cope with it....

1 hour 28 minutes.. hundreds of thousands of nerds... this will surely break the internet..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

game finally installed, chilli snacks and energy drinks at the ready for some serious gaming till sunrise:)

/waves goodbye to star wars the old republic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

oh this is painful.. Wish I had a system powerful enough to run it in even bog basic mode!!

Prob get to play it in bout 2-3 years... :(

So those of you who have to wait 2-3hours

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkUhhxhxhMfxIQjshx6qhXujh9gK-k2F5heaZ8w9IYTwts7KqJJQ

• Advertisement

hypermuse wrote: »
    oh this is painful.. Wish I had a system powerful enough to run it in even bog basic mode!!

Prob get to play it in bout 2-3 years... :(

So those of you who have to wait 2-3hours

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkUhhxhxhMfxIQjshx6qhXujh9gK-k2F5heaZ8w9IYTwts7KqJJQ

A decent core2duo and 50 euro second hand graphics card should be enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Jonny7 wrote: »
    A decent core2duo and 50 euro second hand graphics card should be enough..

I have €79 in my bank account to last me until the end of the month.. :o Its a struggle to save up money coz of money I am on!

Plus I don't think its worth upgrading my laptop.. seems like throwing money into a inevitable disaster!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

I'm downloaded too, but debating heading to a midnight launch to see can I pick up a CE tonight. Still haven't got a code, but I can always jsut buy off blizzard.. Would really like the CE....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I have €79 in my bank account to last me until the end of the month.. :o Its a struggle to save up money coz of money I am on!

Plus I don't think its worth upgrading my laptop.. seems like throwing money into a inevitable disaster!!!!

If you have a monitor, you can buy a very good rig for about 500 that will run Diablo3 beautifully. If you have spare hard drives, dvd drives, etc you can push that to about 400. put away 30 quid a week and in 3 or 4 months you have enough. :)

Ah laptops aren't the best to upgrade

Not impossible to hawk around and find a very cheap core2duo desktop + 2nd hand graphics card for 150 quid, just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Soon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Are we there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

i got e5700 3ghz dual core 4gb ram and 560TI raz 2 graphics card,any ideas will i be able to push to max graphics on like 1280 and above resolutions and max effects :p:confused: as so far didnt have any troubles with starcraft2,except for BF3 couldnt go all ultra on higher resolutions then mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ahhh thanks to a fellow boardsie i got a guest pass and thus can play tonight :DDDDD
    installing now and prepare for the game!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

Skerries wrote: »
    wasn't that impressed with Hard Reset, it's not the same when it's only robots you're killing and not meatbags :mad::D

yeah I get ye,but I thought it was a relatively decent game which had slipped under my radar so was pleasantly surprised with it

Advertisement