Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Just launched it again and the breaking news has now disappeared, yeah version is 1.0.1.9558.

That there be the right one Andy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

scamalert wrote: »
    went into game stop today to buy game,price is 55e (completely taking a piss i say for this price) still was going to buy it,but then asked could i get a copy straight away as i want to be ready for tonight,and still servers will launch only 12o clock,so no way to play game earlier,and they said no,so now im thinking F**k it either will download 7gbs free installation from torrents and buy serial separately later when all the hype calms down.

55eu? ****... how much is CE edition so? are other retailers selling for same?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah that's pricey, the CE on gamestop.ie was €65

Installed and ready to roll! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

also the guy said something about edition with headset 99 euro or close to it O_o i love good games and dont mind buying a bit more expensive but milking over 50 quid for 1 euro boxset and cd inside it,in this economy isnt right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

This is fantastic, best girlfriend ever. ( from Reddit )

http://imgur.com/a/pNSs7

• Advertisement

CombatCow wrote: »

that is awesome lol! :D

well me and misses were shoping sunday for all junk food and energy drinks. i took the rest of the week off after tomorrow. she knows not to bother me for the rest of the week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Collectors edition is pretty awesome... although its my first ever CE of any game, so i've nothing to compare to.

Installed and ready to slay hordes of demons. Might use this time to get some sleep, because i'll likely not get much tonite !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

CombatCow wrote: »

She's cheating on him

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

By god it's a slow install.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

anyone know a place to get game before midnight ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

FullRetard wrote: »
    Hard reset.The demo is available on steam

wasn't that impressed with Hard Reset, it's not the same when it's only robots you're killing and not meatbags :mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Wouldn't it be awesome to see the reaction of a gamer who was in a coma for 20 years to games nowadays?

Poor fella though, must feel terrible about his wife moving on...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Finally got my dispatch email, woop!

*clicks furiously*

Never played any of the Diablo games, any reason I should consider this without playing any of the other games?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tosh_2006

this will be my first time too apart from the open beta i really enjoy that and i'm not really playing another games at the min

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The story was never really important in the previous games so I think you'd be safe jumping into this one.

That being said, Diablo II is certainly worth playing though and from the sounds of it will offer a different character building experience to Diablo III.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Never played any of the Diablo games, any reason I should consider this without playing any of the other games?

Well it's a very story driven game and while playing the first 2 would be recommended you will still definitely enjoy this if you pick it up.

You can watch the retrospective here and get up to date on the story before starting into this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XL2COtWGAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

gizmo wrote: »
    The story was never really important in the previous games so I think you'd be safe jumping into this one.

That being said, Diablo II is certainly worth playing though and from the sounds of it will offer a different character building experience to Diablo III.

I never understood people saying this, the story was always key to the diablo games. It has more story and lore than 99% of games out there, with spin off books available.

I know it's not exactly a story driven RPG like mass effect etc. but the diablo narrative and FMV story telling is a massive part of the series now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Can we have a sticky thread started in one of the forums for characters/names to add friends etc for Co-Op purposes ?

Big Knox wrote: »
    Well it's a very story driven game and while playing the first 2 would be recommended you will still definitely enjoy this if you pick it up.

You can watch the retrospective here and get up to date on the story before starting into this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XL2COtWGAQ

why the feck i watched this video :(. i am seriously planing to drop something heavy on my foot tomorrow at work, so i could go home early and play d3 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dr Munchenflangen

A game like this is going to bring out the worst in me.. All good intentions of staying away from PC gaming and trying to live in the real world gone out the window when I realise my 3 year old laptop can play this game at a relatively mediocre rate.

Shall we set up an IRC channel??

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Anyone installed d3 yet. I thought they were locking the installer until release but its running for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

installer unlocked since approx 4pm today

game unlocked about 23:00

Installer opened earlier this evening afaik. You wont be able to play until 11pm tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

damn, I was sitting watching every % get added like a little child:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Frozen%20Cartman.jpg
    Bah, defrosted myself too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Had fun and games installing, kept getting a message saying I had to upgrade my OS(Vista). Anyway, a few updates(SP2 being the main one) and installed and ready to go!

Big Knox wrote: »
    I never understood people saying this, the story was always key to the diablo games. It has more story and lore than 99% of games out there, with spin off books available.

I know it's not exactly a story driven RPG like mass effect etc. but the diablo narrative and FMV story telling is a massive part of the series now.

People that have a good knowledge of the lore will pick up little cool references throughout the game that will go over anothers head, but thats about it. Its point and click hack and slash dungeon crawling, the game is ridiculously simple, its most redeeming feature is the addictive quality involved in levelling up your character and feeling the effects of upgraded abilities, you want more and more and more. This feeling will not be any less realised if someone is just picking it up fresh to the Diablo world.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Are we there yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Fup me that retrospective video doesnt half get the juices flowing, great stuff!

Advertisement